Author Topic: 7/4/2005: Marcus Amphitheater - Milwaukee, WI (review)  (Read 4068 times)

B

• Captain Awesome
  • Moderators
  • Just looking for some affection
  • Transcending the Possimpible
    • View Profile
    • Nh.com Twitter Page!
7/4/2005: Marcus Amphitheater - Milwaukee, WI (review)
« on: July 04, 2005, 09:12:26 pm »
[discussion]

Setlist

Ordinary Day (D&C)
Who's To Say
White Houses
This Time
Put Your Hands On Me
Best Behavior
A Thousand Miles
Half A Week Before The Winter

Vanessa put on a good show. I was glad she did the newest new song. I tried to phone post record it, but it came out awfully  :cry:. Vanessa was very witty tonight. She told pretty much the same stories she usually does. Everyone got a kick out of the *ATM intro, people cheer* "...Yes, I'm THAT girl" part, lol.

Milwaukee's Nicks fans gave V some mad love, I was impressed.

Vanessa came out and sang with Stevie's two backup singers for the encore songs. Stevie, her band, and V all got together at the end of the show and bowed and Stevie hugged Vanessa, etc. It was cool. I was very impressed with the show Stevie Nicks put on. :thumbsup:
For all you broken hearted lovers lost, go find another one. 'Cause you know time won't wait and you'll be late, white rabbits on the run...

iKnowWhatYouDid

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • AOL Instant Messenger - mbiddy001
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2005, 09:23:44 pm »
Sounds awesome

Quote from: "B"
I was glad she did the newest new song. I tried to phone post record it, but it came out awfully .

:cry:  :cry:  :cry: are we doomed to never hear this song unless going to a concert?

B

• Captain Awesome
  • Moderators
  • Just looking for some affection
  • Transcending the Possimpible
    • View Profile
    • Nh.com Twitter Page!
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2005, 10:22:28 pm »
I am honestly shocked the Journal Sentinel gave VC a good review, they're usually mean to everyone I like:

Quote from: "Milwaukee Journal Sentinel"
Self-possessed beyond her years and downright charming, opening act Vanessa Carlton overcame some early breathiness on set opener "Ordinary Day" to wow the crowd with a half-hour collection of songs, including the new "This Time." Alone on stage with her piano, Carlton proved she has much more substance to offer than her vanilla hit "Thousand Miles." Among the highlights was "White Houses," a thoughtful reflection on losing one's virginity - and a song deemed too risqué for booty-loving MTV, an irony Carlton noted during her tart introduction of the song.

[link]
For all you broken hearted lovers lost, go find another one. 'Cause you know time won't wait and you'll be late, white rabbits on the run...

BWilli

• Speeding into the horizon
    • MSN Messenger - bdubprod@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2005, 04:19:14 am »
sounds cool.  

hopefully we'll get a good recording of Best Behavior...i'll see what i can do next week in VA with my camera.

Ivy Lynne

• Your true colors shown
    • AOL Instant Messenger - look+ivys+on
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2005, 07:06:08 am »
hey brian, are you guys definitely going?...i dont find out til tomorrow if i can take friday off of work...thursday and friday would be ideal, but ill settle for just friday...im looking into train schedules and what not now...lol
...I see you now, at the show....
7TH IN THE 7TH ROW.