Author Topic: Hmmm . . . Cliques  (Read 5814 times)

kev222

• VCUBs
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • zero vector
    • AOL Instant Messenger - k3v222
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kev.nu/vc
    • Email
Hmmm . . . Cliques
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2003, 05:03:02 am »
Quote from: "sayyouwould"
ie no one replying to their posts which are somewhat important. Yet, if someone who is popular makes a post that says " I like to like armpits" It'll get a ton of replies.

Yeah this does happen. What do you propose as a solution? That people reply to posts when they have nothing to say? The fact is that people feel more confident/comfortable posting a reply to somebody they know better than to somebody they hardly know. Everybody goes through it at some point, it doesn't mean that people don't like the poster. There's nothing malicious about it.

I also heard rumors about you all wanting vanessa to make this the offical site.

The rumours were misleading. It was actually to make nh.com the official fan club as there currently isn't one and no sign of there ever being one. The official website and official bulliten board would have remained www.vanessacarlton.com. Nh.com wasn't trying to take power from anybody.

-Kev

PintOGuinness

• VCUBs
  • Your true colors shown
  • My face is on milk cartons
    • ICQ Messenger - 3162963
    • AOL Instant Messenger - PintOGuinnessVC
    • View Profile
    • http://www.buckheadyouthorchestra.com
    • Email
Hmmm . . . Cliques
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2003, 07:39:55 pm »
Some of you think you are so much better then the rest of us...ya it's true and you know it...The only thing is...no matter how much I rant and rave about this subject.....I'm right and maybe people know that.....the cliques will never think I'm right and they will go about with their noses up. I don't know....maybe if you weren't treated like you were gods you would understand how it is.

You know that no one is OWED anything when they join a message board?  It's up to each individual to build relationships with each of the other members. You don't just join and poof get 100's of instant friends.  People don't just magically become interested in what you have to say and who you are.  How I can guess the folks you're talking about and all I know is they are each excellent people, highly dedicated to this website, its forums, Vanessa herself, her career, and each other.  Theuy go out of their way to devote hours of their free time to finding rare music for the members here, capturing video for the members here, scouring the web for pics and articles, even going so far as to arrange interviews to get your questions answered by VC herself.  Frankly it's insulting for you to imply that they don't care...  or that they "look down" on anyone around here.  They bust their asses for everyone around here.  And if you spent 1/2 the time you spend complaining about how you don't fit in and got to know these guys you would understand what i just said.  Sadly, I bet you just fire back with a mean spirited retort.

It's like.....you all wanted more power for the clique and so you made this and BOOM you are the biggest fans! Well you're all the biggest fans in my mind now! For sure! And also so cool and I want to be just like you all someday and be rude to people who aren't as popular and then act like I'm the nicest person...ohhh something to look forward to!

Very nice to place your faith in RUMOR, especially a false one.  NH.com is trying to become the official FAN CLUB, not official site.  You probably could have asked any of the NH.com administration about that, probably sparked up a pleasant conversation to clear it up... gotten to know them better also... but instead you went on this little tirade. Way to go... it's always better to take your own bad mood out on other people, they certainly deserve it.  

Hope you're feeling better... and soon realize that there's so much more to the people around here than you seem to want to see...  and if you keep shutting them out.. it's no wonder you feel you get nothing in return...
-- Jason

Until I Dont

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • ICQ Messenger - 127923993
    • MSN Messenger - leemute@hotmail
    • AOL Instant Messenger - arbitridiesirae
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - leemute@yahoo
    • View Profile
    • Email
Hmmm . . . Cliques
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2003, 10:32:12 pm »
I think there are cliques here and they aren't always the good ones. Sorry thats just bullshit. I don't know...since the people in the cliques are popular they don't realize how left out some people feel....

If you feel left out, I think that it's a bigger problem then just on this board. I don't mean to psycho-analyze you. I don't know you from Adam, I would simply suggest you take such a subjective view at all of your relationships, and not just ones had (Or not had, as the case maybe) in this forum.

ie no one replying to their posts which are somewhat important. Yet, if someone who is popular makes a post that says " I like to like armpits" It'll get a ton of replies. So I don't see how you can say their are no cliques or we are all one big clique.

Darlin', in this eyes of this one guy here (That'd be me) I feel that you completely misunderstood the definition of clique. Say I liked Star Trek. Say, now that Jason, and Katia also like the show. (This is completely hypothetical mind your pissy-self.) Now say I do something stupid, and Katia decides to ignore me. That doesn't create a seperate clique. It just means that she didn't see the validity, or the reasoning behind responding to me. We are still in a clique of Trekkies.

I would like to point out I don't mean to gang up on you and your ideas, they are valid, as they are yours, but realize that they are just as personable as one person's idea of importance. Armpits are very important to the people that work at a deoderant company. Just because you don't find the importance doesn't mean that there shouldn't be thousands of replies, nor that you are exempt from the clique, which has been established to exist. Also, everyone has two armpits. Check it out! So do you. It's a matter of ethos, Deary.

Some of you think you are so much better then the rest of us...ya it's true and you know it...It's almost like school just you have the choice of comming back or not. I can stay on here and have people roll there eyes at me and be rude to me and then in return talk to some people who I have become close to OR I can leave and not have to deal with the cliques and bitches and not talk to the people I have become close to. Hmmmmmmmmm.

:roll: I'm sure the people that you do like hav AIM or some way of communication aside from the boards. Perhaps their email addresses they used to create their account?
The only thing is...no matter how much I rant and rave about this subject.....I'm right and maybe people know that.....the cliques will never think I'm right and they will go about with their noses up. I don't know....maybe if you weren't treated like you were gods you would understand how it is.

Who is it that treats these people like gods? And wouldn't you appreciate the same attention were it offered to you? And don't say you wouldn't run with the power (As these people haven't) because you aren't in those shoes. Ranting and raving will do no good, and mostly because of the things you  mentioned before. Free will, and choice to return, or something along those lines.
I believe that your assurance that you are right is just as snotty as you are accusing these people  (Seemingly Katia, who posted about Cliques in depth) to be.

Also.....since I'm having a really pissy day and I feel like spilling my feelings out about anything...I think it was wrong of "The clique" to go about making this board and then going on the o-board and saying how much better this board might be. Sure....this is a good board but god for like 3 months everyother topic was about nessaholics.com...I also heard rumors about you all wanting vanessa to make this the offical site. I don't know why you all don't think thats rude but god!

Feelings and sensibilty keep little company now-a-days. Think before you post your feelings, because if you re-read what you wrote, you would see that they have done nothing wrong. Stating that [this] board might be better, is a valid and supportable truth. I might be the tallest person in the world. That is until it is disproved. Even you admit that this is a good board. From my experience the o-board has many problem. Fundamental problems that a board shouldn't have. This board hasn't encountered anything that it couldn't expeditiously take care of. I would say that that makes it superior, hands down! There is nothing rude about stating that you have outdone the professionals. That is simply a cry of pride. Any person is due that. And you can be proud for those that gave time, and dedicated to create this superiority. Those are my words for it, though. Don't apply it to anyone other than myself, please. To embellish I think that it's noble to offer to be an official anything for the sake of the artist, when the corporation meant to uphold her is falling short of their job.

This thread was about cliques. Not "The clique" that you have sour feelings towards. So where does your post really fit in?

I personally feel that there are cliques, without a doubt, in every facet of life. Some good and some bad. Some with good motives and bad people, and some vice-versa. What can you do about it? Try to identify the ones you are part of, and then choose whether or not to define or dissolve the lines that seperate each clique. There is one clique here. There are sub-cliques here. But it is the one common ground that has brought us to even this thread. So dispelling that is an act of arrogance and anger, and that never looks so attractive. It was a fun read though. Thanks  :wink: