Author Topic: official american idol season 6 thread  (Read 37889 times)

Laura

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • View Profile
official american idol season 6 thread
« Reply #60 on: March 01, 2007, 06:21:01 pm »
I know everyone thinks Chris R. is a Justin wannabe but I really like him & his voice. I love it how he actually picks songs his generation knows. Plus he doesnt seem as arrogant as Justin haha.

& I actually thought Haley was awesome, she really surprised me cuz she was terrible last week. dare I say she reminded me of Kelly Clarkson a little with that performance & the style.

I agree about Melinda though.. everyone seems to love her on the other two boards I go to (AI & backstreet related). Not one person doesnt like her.

PianoGirl4444

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
    • http://www.shannonthomas.net
    • Email
« Reply #61 on: March 01, 2007, 07:52:11 pm »
I despised Leslie.  Glad to see her go.

I know that sounds bitchy, but UGH - she bothered me.   :lol:

I liked A.J.  He got jipped.
Cross paths with what you used to have. You've gotta learn that you've gotta earn
The fantasy
:: shannonthomas.net ::

Steveau

• VCUBs
  • Fine as dandelions
  • OLD man whistling
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Steveau98
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 01, 2007, 09:23:39 pm »
Quote from: "Laura"
I know everyone thinks Chris R. is a Justin wannabe but I really like him & his voice. I love it how he actually picks songs his generation knows. Plus he doesnt seem as arrogant as Justin haha.

& I actually thought Haley was awesome, she really surprised me cuz she was terrible last week. dare I say she reminded me of Kelly Clarkson a little with that performance & the style.

I agree about Melinda though.. everyone seems to love her on the other two boards I go to (AI & backstreet related). Not one person doesnt like her.

All this vote tells me is that the AI audience doesn't appreciate good music. The problem I have with catering to the generation is that it only perpetuates the lack of musical diversity on the show. Songs did exist before 1990.

Haley is no Kelly IMO

Laura

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 02, 2007, 05:01:02 pm »
It's not that we dont appreciate good music cuz some people my age actually do you would be surprised, its the teenyboppers that dont get the older stuff. True songs did exist before 1990 but AI is watched by A LOT of us who grew up in the 90's & today so thats why most of them are doing those kinds of songs which actually makes sense. just in my opinion anyways

Ghisy

• VCUBs
  • V-Unit!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Ghis+V
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 03, 2007, 04:47:37 am »
Quote from: "Steveau"
All this vote tells me is that the AI audience doesn't appreciate good music.

And once again, Steve hits the right spot.
I was shocked to see Antonella NOT gone this week, I mean WTF?
I never liked Leslie but she was better than her.
I did like Alaina a lot but she wasn't great this week, I'm not sure she had to be voted off though.
So far, I think Haley and Gina are the bomb: especially Haley, this girl should go far in the competition! (if voters finally open their freaking ears!)
As for the guys, they were MUCH better this week. I actually had some fun watching them. I thought Sundance was pretty good and I agree that Sanjaya was horrible and yet wasn't voted off.
To sum it up: if Antonella isn't gone by next week, there's really something f*ed up about the competition this year. Period.
Ghisy
The Original French NESSAholic

Martin.

• Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
« Reply #65 on: March 03, 2007, 05:02:15 am »
I really like LaKisha.

Laura

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 03, 2007, 04:37:58 pm »
Quote from: "Ghisy"
To sum it up: if Antonella isn't gone by next week, there's really something f*ed up about the competition this year. Period.

Amen. & if it wasn't for me being a fan of Paula, Simon & a few of the contestants I'd boycott the show lol

PianoGirl4444

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #67 on: March 03, 2007, 10:08:17 pm »
Supposedly, Antonella is the most searched for 'celebrity' on YouTube.   :roll:
Cross paths with what you used to have. You've gotta learn that you've gotta earn
The fantasy

Jophess

• View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Email
« Reply #68 on: March 04, 2007, 07:29:12 am »
Quote from: "PianoGirl4444"
I despised Leslie.  Glad to see her go.

I know that sounds bitchy, but UGH - she bothered me.   :lol:

I'm never buying one of your albums again, Shannon. (  :wink: , sort of). Leslie was the shit! To repeat what someone here said and what Leslie basically said, America doesn't care for good music. They'd rather see Antonella get up there and struggle through some pop song/power ballad than see Leslie or AJ do a real song, a jazz song, "Feeling Good".

Leslie was my favorite on the show and those two ad-libbed lines at the end made me an even bigger fan of her.
Joe

PianoGirl4444

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #69 on: March 04, 2007, 10:42:46 am »
To each his own.   :wink:
The fantasy

Laura

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 04, 2007, 01:50:03 pm »
btw, who originally sung Feeling Good? The only version I can find on limewire is one by the Pussycat Dolls, which isn't actually bad. But I LOVED AJ's performance.

Steveau

• VCUBs
  • Fine as dandelions
  • OLD man whistling
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 05, 2007, 06:39:13 pm »
Quote from: "white_houses"
I really like LaKisha.

LaKisha is good but I see her having troubles when she has to do a different genre because she has a limited kind of voice IMO the way Jennifer Hudson did.

Quote from: "Laura"
btw, who originally sung Feeling Good? The only version I can find on limewire is one by the Pussycat Dolls, which isn't actually bad. But I LOVED AJ's performance.

It was Nina Simone as Ryan said before the Leslie version and AJ did the Michael Buble version which I think your generation would like better because Nina does some unique things in songs that is an acquired taste. She does most of the Point of No Return soundtrack and that song is actually on it. I have a couple of her CDs. Jazz is a taboo genre on AI since most of this board hates Norah Jones and this board seems to be the AI demographic. Norah did one of her songs on her first album, Turn Me On, and the Norah version is almost unrecognizable next to the original because of all of her variations and delivery.

Ghisy

• VCUBs
  • V-Unit!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Ghis+V
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 09, 2007, 09:46:55 am »
!!TOP 12 SPOILERS AHEAD!!

FINALLY! Antonella is gone!!
I agreed with both choices: Antonella and Sabrina had to leave.
Y'all know how I felt about Antonella and I never cared for Sabrina either.
I'm gonna support Haley and Gina, since they've been 2 of my fav' since the beginning. I'm a little worried about Haley though, she really needs to bring it, she has a great potential IMO.
As for the guys, I was SHOCKED to see Sundance voted off and Sanjaya making it to the top 12. I really didn't get it, why?
Now the big game begins!! :D
Ghisy
The Original French NESSAholic

PianoGirl4444

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #73 on: March 09, 2007, 09:56:42 am »
Sabrina has an amazing voice, but she ruined her chances of making it into the top 12 with her song choice this week & the way she performed it.  She did too many "runs", instead of focusing on the main melody, in my opinion.  I was disappointed because I think she can sing way better than Haley or Gina, both whom I dislike.  

Sundance is overrated, I think.  His performance of "Jeremy" was painful for me to watch.  I liked him sometimes, but wasn't too impressed overall.  Sanjaya has a lovely, soothing voice.  Personally I prefer him over Sundance.  It's all a matter of opinion.
The fantasy

Steveau

• VCUBs
  • Fine as dandelions
  • OLD man whistling
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 09, 2007, 09:58:29 pm »
I'm shocked Haley is staying over Sabrina because she's clearly not the singer Sabrina is but since I was always bothered by Sabrina and Haley is extremely nice to look at I can live with it.

Sanjaya staying is a joke and it makes Idol lose credibility in my eyes. This was the first week I really like Chris Richardson.

At this point, I think Melinda will win with Chris Sligh in 2nd. Melinda is just in a totally different league. Chris could challenge her if he chose better songs but he can't win with what he's been singing.