Yes
1 (4.2%)
No
21 (87.5%)
I don't care.
2 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Voting closed: December 28, 2007, 05:36:54 pm

Author Topic: War in Iraq  (Read 7312 times)

heyheyitsaiste

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
War in Iraq
« on: December 28, 2007, 05:36:54 pm »
I hope this wasn't asked already.

If you do support it, I'd like to know your reasoning.

If you don't, it's understandable (lol...)

itsthefiveofus

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
War in Iraq
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2007, 08:31:27 pm »
I honeslty just don't care. I don't want to take the time to pick a side. Its either you like it and support it because yeah your defeding your country. But you don't supporet it because the government just has no clue why they are there. I mean ok see now I am going to go. They [government] keep changing their reason for going... I think.... I just don't really understand the logic of "hey lets go bomb this place to protect our country...even though bombing other places will get others mad and chances f your counyry getting attakced by some other place are greater.... now we are done, so lets um build their central government! yay! anywho.... yeah I just don't really care. I just hate how there are soldiers being killed. them I do support, I could never find myself at the fighting line! I would be wayyyy to sared to do so and totally lack the courage to do so.

Current takes me out, what will be, will be. Floating on the sea, stars are watching me.

Epit

• View Profile
    • Twitter
War in Iraq
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2007, 04:05:31 am »
Nope  :)

VanessaCarltonMania

• Your true colors shown
    • MSN Messenger - charmed.ashley@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
War in Iraq
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2007, 04:29:43 am »
I am against any violence...especially when people are being killed.
For me, there is no good reason for someone to die.
http://allpoetry.com/fallengoddess - Check out my poetry and tell me what you think! Many thanks! -

me and my piano---tim

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
War in Iraq
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2007, 09:08:30 am »
This war is total bullshit. Anybody who fails to realize that is a complete moron. Anybody who votes "I don't care" seriously should change that lame-ass apathetic attitude. At least admit you give a damn about people killing each other.

me and my piano---tim

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
War in Iraq
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2007, 09:10:29 am »
Quote from: "itsthefiveofus"
I honeslty just don't care. I don't want to take the time to pick a side. Its either you like it and support it because yeah your defeding your country. But you don't supporet it because the government just has no clue why they are there. I mean ok see now I am going to go. They [government] keep changing their reason for going... I think.... I just don't really understand the logic of "hey lets go bomb this place to protect our country...even though bombing other places will get others mad and chances f your counyry getting attakced by some other place are greater.... now we are done, so lets um build their central government! yay! anywho.... yeah I just don't really care. I just hate how there are soldiers being killed. them I do support, I could never find myself at the fighting line! I would be wayyyy to sared to do so and totally lack the courage to do so.

sounds like you care lol

garry_coombs

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
War in Iraq
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2007, 10:31:35 am »
Quote from: "VanessaCarltonMania"
I am against any violence...especially when people are being killed.
For me, there is no good reason for someone to die.

I don't understand how you can use that arguement, people in Iraq were stuck in poverty due to a corrupt government, they were being killed not only through illness but by the government who are against people speaking out, people were already dieing on a daily basis.

The war will bring peace, will bring a stable demorcratic governmentand economy in the long term.

Yes short term people will die but they were already dieing just a different reason, an army who will use civilians as a shield are the ones you should blame not the people trying to bring stability to the region.

Every country must go through war in order to bring peace as our countries have and we are better for it.

There is a good reason to die, to save lives, people may be dieing but they will save the lives of many people in the future, their kids and many others.

The way I look at it is that I would have hated to live in Iraq 5 years ago and if I HAD to choose between living there 5 years ago and in 5 years time, given what has happened I would choose in 5 years time.

I dont understand how you can say its understandable to not support the war but you can want a reason for supporting it, surely you should give your reason for being against it.
Best VC songs

1. Who's to say
2. More Than This
3. Superhero
4. Wanted
5. Paradise

heyheyitsaiste

• View Profile
War in Iraq
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2007, 02:12:32 pm »
Ok well, here are some facts.

In October 2006, it was calculated that 655,000 Iraqi's have died as a result of the war. Now, the number of deaths in Iraq has risen to 1.2 million.

It's estimated by the UN that about 100,000 Iraqi's are fleeing the country every month.

Most of Southern Iraq is polluted from explosives and the levels of leukemia among children are the highest since Hiroshima.

The vaccines exports that would protect children from diphtheria, tetanus, and yellow fever have been banned to Iraq because apparently they are capable of being used in WMD's. (This was in 1999)

The majority of the population in Iraq does not have access to running water or sanitation.

"The mortality of children in Basra has increased by nearly 30 per cent compared to the Saddam Hussein era," said Dr. Haydar Salah, a pediatrician at Basra children's hospital. "Children are dying daily and no one is doing anything to help them."

etc, etc.

The war has not brought peace whatsoever. Violence does not bring peace, it only breeds more violence. You'd think if the war was bringing stability to Iraq the people of Iraq would support the war. They'd support the troops and do everything to help. But the war is not helping, that's why so many Iraqi's are fleeing.

You, my friend, are a victim of propaganda.

C'est la vie

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • MSN Messenger - scruff03@hotmail.co.uk
    • AOL Instant Messenger - windsurfer184905
    • View Profile
War in Iraq
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2007, 03:03:13 pm »
I think relieving the country of Sadam Housain (spelling) was the only positive to come out of it. Even then, the Americans and British (why in the world we went when 75% of the country didn't want to go, I have no idea) had no idea what to do next. Moreover, the initial reasoning for going? WTF? Weapons of mass destruction? Isn't it amazing they didn't exist? Like nobody knew that  :roll:.
-----------Signature under construction-----------

C'est la vie

• View Profile
War in Iraq
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2007, 03:06:04 pm »
Quote from: garry_coombs
Quote from: "VanessaCarltonMania"

The war will bring peace, will bring a stable demorcratic governmentand economy in the long term.

How long is a long term in your books? Because the government has been there a while and still no peace... It seems like a lost cause :/ That's my opinion anyway.

Martin.

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
War in Iraq
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2007, 07:20:25 pm »
No, I don't support the war in Iraq at all.

garry_coombs

• View Profile
War in Iraq
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2008, 07:29:45 am »
Long term I would say over the next 5 years, people in Iraq dont understand the benefits that can come from it.

Yes Iraqi's are dieing but that is because they are being used as shields to repell the forces.

I will just say that people in Britain and America are better for the wars faught, people have risen up for civil wars and we have gained from it, we would probably still have poverty on a large scale in this country if it wasnt for war.

Things needed to change in the middle east to allow for the world to be more at peace and for everyone to live in a free and demorcratic society, unfortunatly the only way to achieve this is war, we cant just sit here and watch as a government leaves its people to die.

I would like to ask why you want the Iraqi people to not have a democracy? And the reason because they havent asked for it wont work as they would be dead if they had asked for it.

I love my freedom to choose and everyone should have that right.

And I dont listen to propaganda, if I were to listen to the press then surely I'd be on your side.
Best VC songs

1. Who's to say
2. More Than This
3. Superhero
4. Wanted
5. Paradise

garry_coombs

• View Profile
War in Iraq
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2008, 07:37:30 am »
To be honest I think most peoples views here will be set and people pretty much understand and can reason through any arguement for either side, but I dont get that if this is representitive of peoples views throughout England/America how are the forces still there? Why haven't your respective governments pulled out?
Best VC songs

1. Who's to say
2. More Than This
3. Superhero
4. Wanted
5. Paradise

LimeTwister

War in Iraq
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2008, 07:48:10 am »
Why is "don't care" an option?  That's fucking insane.  Read a little and understand how if affects you and generations to come.

C'est la vie

• View Profile
War in Iraq
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2008, 03:29:56 pm »
Quote from: "garry_coombs"
To be honest I think most peoples views here will be set and people pretty much understand and can reason through any arguement for either side, but I dont get that if this is representitive of peoples views throughout England/America how are the forces still there? Why haven't your respective governments pulled out?

In England our government shouldn't have gone in the first place. Polls had shown that 75% of those who voted did not wish to go. But then again, who are the general public to our government? As long as George Bush was going to go, so were we. The general public had no choice on the matter, not in reality. Also, the parties that are currently holding the seats in Parliment are too stubborn to admit they're wrong. That is why our forces are still there. Plus, now we are in too deep to just pull out.