Author Topic: I AM IN DESPERATE NEED OF HELP  (Read 5279 times)

whitehouses81680

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
I AM IN DESPERATE NEED OF HELP
« on: July 04, 2006, 07:05:34 pm »
I use iTunes
and my computer got a virus and needed to be totally wiped out
and the moron at the store didn't save any of my iTunes files

so does that mean that i can't get my songs bback

please say no, please

JazzyManda

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • AOL Instant Messenger - JazzyTrumpet07
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2006, 07:29:07 pm »
If you have an Ipod then you can relode your songs that way.... otherwise yeah, they're gone. sorry :(

Amanda

Will

• Moderators
  • Fine as dandelions
  • Advanced anti-spam registrations filter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2006, 10:12:30 pm »
Ahhh.... the erase and reimage monkies. It doesn't take that much effort to make an image of the disk beforehand so the old data can be dumped back on. Apparently, though, that was too much effort for these guys.

Pretty much, you lost everything and you probably didn't need to. Don't go to these guys again.
"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most." -Ozzy Osborne

MeganJane

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
    • My music on myspace!
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2006, 11:09:01 pm »
Aw, my condolences!  :(

The same kind of thing just happened to my boyfriend last night... I feel for ya.
"Music produces a kind of pleasure that human nature cannot do without."
-CONFUCIUS

"It is hard. You have to fight for who you are everyday" -VANESSA CARLTON

phu

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2006, 02:43:14 am »
write them an email and plead for mercy  :lol:
i heard they will give you your music back for once

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Lord Andrew
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Grakthis
    • View Profile
    • http://www.grakthis.com
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2006, 06:55:52 am »
Errr, I was told that you can re-download from iTunes up to 4 times.  Is that not true?

See, unlike you tard monkies, I realize that iPods are giant pieces of shit, and that iTunes is the definition of monopolistic behavior trying to crush the life out of a market.  Hence, I refuse to support them.

But anyone stupid enough to do so, take this as yet ANOTHER lesson in why buying CD's is still the right way to go.
If you are reading this, you are probably on my ignore list.  Click here to return the favor

Wagella Wrote:Yay for Bigotry!!

---Andrew

Will

• Moderators
  • Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2006, 09:22:49 am »
You don't have to use the store to use iTunes. It's like saying, I use WinAmp. She lost her music library. She may have the CDs still and doesn't want to rerip it all. She might have also downloaded the music off the P2P networks and would have to redownload it.

whitehouses81680

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2006, 01:03:56 pm »
FEW!

i can reload them....i e-mailed apple

i have proof of purchase and they siad its okay

AMEN I LOVE ITUNES

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Lord Andrew
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2006, 01:13:39 pm »
Quote from: "Will"
You don't have to use the store to use iTunes. It's like saying, I use WinAmp. She lost her music library. She may have the CDs still and doesn't want to rerip it all. She might have also downloaded the music off the P2P networks and would have to redownload it.

Yeah, but iTunes sucks giant hairy balls.  The only reason to use it is if you are buying from the store.
If you are reading this, you are probably on my ignore list.  Click here to return the favor

---Andrew

Will

• Moderators
  • Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2006, 01:48:12 pm »
Quote from: "Grakthis"
Yeah, but iTunes sucks giant hairy balls.  The only reason to use it is if you are buying from the store.

Nope. I've been using it since it was called SoundJam MP and I contend it is the best jukebox program available on any platform.

Ryou-Neko

• Your true colors shown
    • MSN Messenger - heavily_toasted_bread@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - damnedColonists
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - wirelesswizarding
    • View Profile
    • http://www.carbon-arts.org
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2006, 04:02:00 pm »

Oh you make me laugh.

I hate iTunes, too. Regardless, I don't download (or pay to download) any songs off of the Internet, I like to have the artwork of the CD and such.

That must suck, I'm really sorry for you.
Why don't you come on over? Stop making a fool out of me.

whitehouses81680

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2006, 05:37:30 pm »
you know what really sucks?
all my nessa stuff is GONE

lets see how much the nessaholics love me when i'm begging for a file...

MeganJane

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
    • My music on myspace!
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2006, 01:00:22 am »
See, unlike you tard monkies, I realize that iPods are giant pieces of shit, and that iTunes is the definition of monopolistic behavior trying to crush the life out of a market. Hence, I refuse to support them.

But anyone stupid enough to do so, take this as yet ANOTHER lesson in why buying CD's is still the right way to go.

I agree with your rant about iPods. I refuse to buy one. They seem to be more of a fashion accessory than a music player.

"Mum, you HAVE to buy me an iPod! All the other kids will HATE me if I don't get one!" -It seems kids move on from dressing their dolls to dressing their iPods with all the stupid accessories.

I am a musician and it saddens me that the iPod generation is placing so little value on CD's themselves. No wonder most big releases now rely on fancy digipaks (that rip, tear, get dirty, and are thus a pain in the ass), bonus DVDs etc. to sell units- and arguably, this strategy isn't even working.
"Music produces a kind of pleasure that human nature cannot do without."
-CONFUCIUS

"It is hard. You have to fight for who you are everyday" -VANESSA CARLTON

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Lord Andrew
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2006, 10:17:46 am »

Nope. I've been using it since it was called SoundJam MP and I contend it is the best jukebox program available on any platform.

GTFO.  iTunes is a worse memory hog than even MusicMatch, and on top of that, it's a virus.  Once it installs itself secretly on your PC along with Quicktime it's completely impossible to uninstall.  And it runs that fucking service in the BG all the time.  Ugh.

---Andrew

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Lord Andrew
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2006, 10:21:00 am »
Quote from: "MJ"
I agree with your rant about iPods. I refuse to buy one. They seem to be more of a fashion accessory than a music player.

"Mum, you HAVE to buy me an iPod! All the other kids will HATE me if I don't get one!" -It seems kids move on from dressing their dolls to dressing their iPods with all the stupid accessories.

I am a musician and it saddens me that the iPod generation is placing so little value on CD's themselves. No wonder most big releases now rely on fancy digipaks (that rip, tear, get dirty, and are thus a pain in the ass), bonus DVDs etc. to sell units- and arguably, this strategy isn't even working.

Exactly.  There are a ton of better ways to enjoy music that I think foster a better appreciation for the music itself rather than simply encouraging hit singles.

It's gotten to the point in HS and even gradeschools where showing off your iPod and your music collection is a stutus game.  Like, if you don't have the latest single for XYZ hip-hop artist, then you're not cool.

My 6 year old niece wants an iPod.  *sigh*

---Andrew