Author Topic: The One not written by V?  (Read 6741 times)

NolitaFairytale

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
The One not written by V?
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2007, 04:05:55 am »
I have to agree with the majority, even if she didn't write it what's the big deal? I think, that if in fact she didn't write it at all (like Suicidalboobs said, I think she was being modest too) SJ and Stevie Nicks, had her style in mind and her whilst they were writing it. It isn't like some music executive told her to sing a song totally out of her style for publicity or anything, so what is the big deal?

PianoPlayer12

• Fine as dandelions
    • MSN Messenger - anthony_the_great_g6@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Mattia1045
    • View Profile
    • Nessfan12
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2007, 07:26:03 am »
Ya it doesnt bother me either. If its great music, its great music. I agree with Suicidalboobs in that she might have been being modest about making very little contribution.

Lets Make This Our Story. Lets Live In The Glory. Time It Fades Away Precious As A Song. Cause Someday We'll Be Gone
www.freewebs.com/nessfan12<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

KULPDOGG

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
    • http://kulpdogg.googlepages.com
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2007, 01:48:22 pm »
wow....

ok, well I was there when she said it.

trust me, she didn't really mean that she didn't write it.

she DID co-write the song, yes...
what she meant was that she had help writing it.
and she was in a way thanking those people who helped her.
giving a 'shout-out' if you will.

please don't make a big deal out of it.
she co-wrote the song. she had a lot of help, she still co-wrote it. end of story...

charmedguy18

« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2007, 05:22:28 pm »
Quote from: "All I Ask2003"
Quote from: "charmedguy18"
Quote from: "LimeTwister"
well, look at the credit when the album comes out.

it's really no big deal.

Maybe to you.

not to be rude, but how is the amount of vanessa's participation in creating this song personally offensive to you?  the song was probably like a gift to her.

I don't believe I ever used the word "offensive." So please try to be more literate, thanks.

charmedguy18

« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2007, 05:26:22 pm »
Quote from: "KULPDOGG"
wow....

ok, well I was there when she said it.

trust me, she didn't really mean that she didn't write it.

she DID co-write the song, yes...
what she meant was that she had help writing it.
and she was in a way thanking those people who helped her.
giving a 'shout-out' if you will.

please don't make a big deal out of it.
she co-wrote the song. she had a lot of help, she still co-wrote it. end of story...

Okay. Thank you. The question has been answered.  Co-writing is fine.

I love it that people believe it's O.K. to give people the third degree at the first sign of difference in opinion. This is a DISCUSSION board. Not the LOVE EVERYTHING V DOES OR YOU ARE A STUPID FUCK board.

Obviously that's not referring to you, Kulp. But others.

Suicidalboobs

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2007, 07:19:39 pm »
LOVE V OR DIE DAMMIT.

haha, you know I'm joking.

charmedguy18

« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2007, 07:22:00 pm »
Quote from: "Suicidalboobs"
LOVE V OR DIE DAMMIT.

haha, you know I'm joking.

=]

Twilight_Angel

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2007, 01:49:05 am »
nice little discussion there XD

Is there any songs that she had nothing to do with? Like on her demo Rinse or coming up in heroes and thieves?

bilsonite

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2007, 06:39:42 am »
Hmmm. I think Vanessa would have less credibility if she couldn't write songs, and only recorded those written by others, but she is a very gifted songwriter and has made many exceptional self-penned records.

Since Vanessa can write her own music, does that mean she should be close-minded to an entire population of other songs or songwriters? I personally don't think so. If Vanessa respects the artistry of a song not penned by herself, and she can relate to the song and feels intimately about it, why shouldn't she be able to perform it? I think Vanessa would be doing herself a disservice if she did not even consider the work of other gifted songwriters.

Also, I believe it shouldn't matter whether a song is a cover or not. Is it only okay for Vanessa to record music written by others only if someone else has recorded it before? I don't quite understand the logic in that. If Vanessa is producing a song, I believe she'll try her best to make an intimate, fresh, respectful recording no matter if the song is a cover, written by someone else, or a Carlton original.

blueglove

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2007, 06:40:57 am »
I just hope that she wrote a lot of the album. I like vanessa because she writes her own music. I just think it is more honorable. Like personally I have no respect for John Mayer, Brittany Spears, old Avril Lavigne..etc.
Peace
-S

itsthefiveofus

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2007, 06:46:45 am »
Quote from: "blueglove"
I just hope that she wrote a lot of the album. I like vanessa because she writes her own music. I just think it is more honorable. Like personally I have no respect for John Mayer, Brittany Spears, old Avril Lavigne..etc.

no respect for john mayer? eh whatever you opinion but avril lavinge and britney spears...totaly agree with you. I think she wrote most of the songs on the album and than counts for co writes. We will just figure it out when the cd comes out.

Current takes me out, what will be, will be. Floating on the sea, stars are watching me.

All I Ask2003

• Your true colors shown
    • AOL Instant Messenger - kyyyyyy
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2007, 06:49:45 am »
Quote from: "blueglove"

John mayer does write and co-write his own music.

I don't believe I ever used the word "offensive." So please try to be more literate, thanks.

I never said you used the word "offensive," but you certainly implied it.  So please try not making a personal blow at me just because you're upset.
sig & av by natalie, thank you!

FrenzyBanana

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2007, 10:29:08 am »
yup no big deal

bilsonite

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2007, 11:24:41 am »
Quote from: "FrenzyBanana"
yup no big deal

I think Avril has written most of her own music, as well? I'm not really a fan of either John or Avril, though.

ManuelD

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 03, 2007, 11:41:30 am »
Well, many of the songs in the Norah Jones' albums weren't written by her, and she is a pretty respected musician.