Author Topic: trends  (Read 10572 times)

Holly

• VCUBs
  • Speeding into the horizon
  • Twin Stars
    • View Profile
trends
« on: June 02, 2004, 08:45:59 pm »
There's a few trends going around now... which ones do you like and which ones do you not like?

There are a couple  which I love. One is layering shirts. I always do that... it's cute! I love the different combinations that you can make. Another is that they have a lot of fake flowers to pin on your shirts or put in your hair for summer. I have about 10 flowers and 2 butterflies I like to do that with! Another is the necklaces (like nessa's hummingbird) that are the outlines of things. I have a sparrow, butterfly and flower one.

A trend which I hate are uggs... sure they're comfortable but it gets annoying when you see them everywhere and they're kinda ugly in my opinion!
"i'm willing to do anything
to calm the storm in my heart
i've never been the praying kind
but lately i've been down upon my knees
not looking for a miracle
just a reason to believe"

vt

• You aren't tryin'
    • AOL Instant Messenger - vt92490
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - vahram924
    • View Profile
trends
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2004, 08:48:48 pm »
I'm such a trendsetter.... :roll:

LoL

Manda

• View Profile
trends
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2004, 08:54:25 pm »
Quote from: "prettybaby!"
I'm such a trendsetter.... :roll:

LoL

heehee

well my sister is the trendsetter at school, seriously.

;)

erm, I hate those shirts that look like short maternity dresses!!! ew ew ew.

she wore one to bug me and it sure as hell did, and of course, its popular at my school now. sheesh.

i hate them.

-manda

You know that Dirrty feeling when you wake up with no pants on face down on the floor of the city bus and you got like a condom in your ear? Thats the feeling we are trying to create! - Sarah Michelle Gellar

Holly

• VCUBs
  • Twin Stars
    • View Profile
trends
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2004, 09:03:29 pm »
Quote from: "Manda"
erm, I hate those shirts that look like short maternity dresses!!! ew ew ew.

ick, I know what you're talking about! and they do look like your pregnant if you have any boobs at all. I tried one on and it looked bad! everyone though i looked pregant, haha. but I guess if your flat chested and have nothing that sticks the fabric out, then it's ok.

sayyouwould

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • MSN Messenger - xsayyouwouldx@msn.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - sayyouwould
    • View Profile
trends
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2004, 09:13:49 pm »
aww I love uggs....but they are wayyy toooo expensive...
I rely on my illusions to keep me warm at night

Holly

• VCUBs
  • Twin Stars
    • View Profile
trends
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2004, 09:52:38 pm »
another trend i dont like are those shoes that are flat and have beaded flowers and mesh in the front.
like these:
http://www.asianideas.com/flormesmul.html

I guess they just annoy me cause I see them EVERYWHERE and enough is enough! haha. I think 80% of the girls in my school have a pair.

B

• Captain Awesome
  • Moderators
  • Just looking for some affection
  • Transcending the Possimpible
    • View Profile
    • Nh.com Twitter Page!
trends
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2004, 10:31:47 pm »
I am annoyed by 95% of all trends and at this point cannot name one I like, lol.

... well there is the whole girls wearing low cut shirts thing ... but I like that moreso out of guy instinct  :twisted:  :lol:
For all you broken hearted lovers lost, go find another one. 'Cause you know time won't wait and you'll be late, white rabbits on the run...

vt

• You aren't tryin'
    • AOL Instant Messenger - vt92490
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - vahram924
    • View Profile
trends
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2004, 12:01:46 am »
Quote from: "Holly"
another trend i dont like are those shoes that are flat and have beaded flowers and mesh in the front.
like these:
http://www.asianideas.com/flormesmul.html

I guess they just annoy me cause I see them EVERYWHERE and enough is enough! haha. I think 80% of the girls in my school have a pair.

AHHHHH God don't even talk about those!! My mom even has a pair! Every single girl I see wears them...

I don't wear them 'cos I think they'd look funny on guys. LoL

loveplasticlove

• Moderators
  • more rides than great adventure
    • AOL Instant Messenger - loveplasticlove
    • View Profile
trends
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2004, 01:42:32 am »
I don't know if I can say that I am trendy.. I have a very odd sense of style.  Holly and Let know first hand from shopping with me in Hollywood. ;)
"I'm not a slave to a god that doesn't exist."  -Marilyn Manson
SuperScientific: I have a eggroll to shove in your rice patty lol

1vcfan

• Your true colors shown
    • AOL Instant Messenger - amb0431
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - cocoa_covered_nut
    • View Profile
    • Email
trends
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2004, 09:17:49 am »
Since there is uniforms at my schoool, no one really can be a 'trendsetter?'

And, Cleveland is way behind on all fashion ((most of the people)). its sorta sad because, like, no one has those mesh sandles but me, no one has the humingbird necklace but me, no one has UGGS (ok, knockoffs lol) but me...im the only one who wears things like that...but then when it gets around here, everyone has them and I have to stop wearign them because I look like a poser.  its a sad world in Cleveland.

^Catch the drift?

PIBby

• MSN Messenger - ckdurbin@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - IWanted19ButGot2
    • View Profile
    • http://hometown.aol.com/sanchezhouse/
    • Email
Re: trends
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2004, 09:43:20 am »
There are a couple  which I love. One is layering shirts. I always do that... it's cute! I love the different combinations that you can make.

I never DON'T do that. 'Cept for softball - but sometimes when it's cold.

Another is the necklaces (like nessa's hummingbird) that are the outlines of things. I have a sparrow, butterfly and flower one.

The only one I have is my zodiac sign's sign (Leo's - it looks like sperm, and many people have pointed that out to me).

Everyone LOVES flip flops and jeans. Flared jeans. Who doesn't wear flared jeans? Everyone should. Oh, printed tees are SO my favourite thing in the world (currently in my "France - La Marseillaise" shirt - very patriotic ;)). I guess my style's not very eccentric. :\ I love hemp! Yay! Hemp jewelery is also something that EVERYONE must own. Bracelets, anklets, necklaces! It's all so wonderful.

PS Cleveland kicks ass.

vanessafan18

• You aren't tryin'
    • MSN Messenger - Gfoster27@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - RedDitty87
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2004, 09:51:25 am »
There's a few trends going around now... which ones do you like and which ones do you not like?

There are a couple  which I love. One is layering shirts. I always do that... it's cute! I love the different combinations that you can make. Another is that they have a lot of fake flowers to pin on your shirts or put in your hair for summer. I have about 10 flowers and 2 butterflies I like to do that with! Another is the necklaces (like nessa's hummingbird) that are the outlines of things. I have a sparrow, butterfly and flower one.

A trend which I hate are uggs... sure they're comfortable but it gets annoying when you see them everywhere and they're kinda ugly in my opinion!

I absolutely love all the ones you just listed. The butterfly necklace sounds sooo lovely Holly! I so love all the accessories you can get with butterflies on. My fashion changes all the time because I just love fashion lol. At the moment the weather has been so weird here that I have taken to wearing my favourite sundress over my jeans with pretty mary jane heeled shoes. It looks really cute = ). But god, I really need to go shopping, I haven't had the time for ages  :cry:xoxo[/b]

Thank so much for the sig Scotty!! <3 It's gorgeous!

Ghisy

• VCUBs
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • V-Unit!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Ghis+V
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2004, 11:23:33 am »
One is layering shirts. I always do that... it's cute! I love the different combinations that you can make.

Hehe, I've been doing that for the past few months but I had no idea it was a trendy thing!
Yay for me!  8)
Ghisy
The Original French NESSAholic

jlmusicchick

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • View Profile
trends
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2004, 11:51:57 am »
i LOVE layering shirts. do it all the time. did it all winter. so comfortable, and so quick to put on. was i cold wearing my favorite tshirts this winter? no. because i had warrmmmm long sleeved shirts under them. :razz:

i like the whole flip-flop/jeans thing. i'm in love with flip flops, i got five different pairs this year! i usually never buy that much!

PIBby

• MSN Messenger - ckdurbin@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - IWanted19ButGot2
    • View Profile
    • http://hometown.aol.com/sanchezhouse/
    • Email
trends
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2004, 12:02:03 pm »
I need to get more! MANY more pairs! It's so crazy. I need a couple pairs of bamboo ones. :D My goal is to have ATLEAST 30 pairs before the end of Summer. Oh yes.