• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
  • more rides than great adventure
    • AOL Instant Messenger - loveplasticlove
    • View Profile
Diets
« on: February 14, 2004, 12:51:38 am »
Anyone on a diet?

Has anyone tried any certain diets?

I'm on atkins right now and its not too tough for me to do.  Its my 12th day.  I hope to stay on it for several months...
"I'm not a slave to a god that doesn't exist."  -Marilyn Manson
SuperScientific: I have a eggroll to shove in your rice patty lol

LimeTwister

Diets
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2004, 07:09:33 am »
Diets are bad for ya...

BUT! if you're on Atkins, remeber to exercise, because all you're doing is losing muscle. (or at least that is what we learned in Foods class.)

loveplasticlove

• Moderators
  • more rides than great adventure
    • AOL Instant Messenger - loveplasticlove
    • View Profile
Diets
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2004, 07:11:41 am »
Quote from: "LimeTwister"
Diets are bad for ya...

BUT! i you're on Atkins, remeber to exercise, because all you're doing is losing muscle. (or at least that is what we learned in Foods class.)

thanks for the heads up
"I'm not a slave to a god that doesn't exist."  -Marilyn Manson
SuperScientific: I have a eggroll to shove in your rice patty lol

PIBby

• MSN Messenger - ckdurbin@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - IWanted19ButGot2
    • View Profile
    • http://hometown.aol.com/sanchezhouse/
    • Email
Diets
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2004, 07:15:18 am »
Speaking of "muscle," my Dad decided to get his stash back out and do crack again, 'cause it's baseball season/softball for me, and he got my weights, and he was all showing me how lift them different ways to work different arm "muscles." It was so weird, he's never done that before. I was like, "Do you want to leave, now?" Then he was showing me how to throw a punch - O_o

But, sorry for that being a bit off topic, Nicole. :X

sayyouwould

• MSN Messenger - xsayyouwouldx@msn.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - sayyouwould
    • View Profile
Diets
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2004, 07:51:59 am »
The Atkins diet is stupid.....

all you eat is like beef and vegis and then you lose the weight twice as fast because your body can break down meat and veggies faster than carbs......but after you lose the weight once you start eating carbs again you gain the weight twice as fast...so you need to stay on that forever... or until your artires clog and you die. That's what happened to Mr. Atkins, no? Nice diet.

I'm on this diet where you eat 6 breads a day....6 meats....all the vegs you want....3 milks.....3 fruits and it's a healthy diet....add with exercise and you should lose 2 pounds a week...

and I heard that the points diet was really terrific too.
I rely on my illusions to keep me warm at night

Tia

• Speeding into the horizon
    • MSN Messenger - littlemisscheekylives@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • http://www.graphic-interlude.com
    • Email
Diets
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2004, 08:01:53 am »
Quote from: "sayyouwould"

all you eat is like beef and vegis and then you lose the weight twice as fast because your body can break down meat and veggies faster than carbs......but after you lose the weight once you start eating carbs again you gain the weight twice as fast...so you need to stay on that forever... or until your artires clog and you die. That's what happened to Mr. Atkins, no? Nice diet.

:roflmao:

Although, I guess it's not really that funny - considering what could happen to Nicole... :?
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.

LimeTwister

Diets
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2004, 05:55:55 pm »
That's what happened to Mr. Atkins, no? Nice diet.

he slipped on some Ice and fell.

sayyouwould

• View Profile
Diets
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2004, 06:17:07 pm »

Really????Yeah..ok he did....but in the diet you can eat a ton of bacon and food and beef and meat and stuff and doesn't that clog arteries? if he didn't have a head injury he would have died from a clogged heart.

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Lord Andrew
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Grakthis
    • View Profile
    • http://www.grakthis.com
Diets
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2004, 06:44:08 pm »

I'm on this diet where you eat 6 breads a day....6 meats....all the vegs you want....3 milks.....3 fruits and it's a healthy diet....add with exercise and you should lose 2 pounds a week...

and I heard that the points diet was really terrific too.

Holy christ almighty you are a MORON.

Normally, I have you on ignore so I don't have to read this kind of stupidity and just flat out misinformation.... but this time I wasn't logged in.  So I HAD to read your message cause they aren't blocked.

And then I HAD to respond... BECAUSE you are SOOOOO amazing misinformed I really don't want people to think this is even close to being true.

Here's the break down on why the Atkins diet works the way it does.

Your body burns sugar first.  Why? Because it is easier to burn and is a faster energy source.  Fat burns slowly and is easier to store.  The problem with sugars though is that when your body burns them it gets a short term energy boost and then when it runs out of sugars you get tired and yous tart getting cravings for more sugars.  So typically you eat more sugars to wake yourself back up.

If you remove sugars from your diet, then your body is forced to burn the fats and protiens instead of the sugars.  This means your body maintains a constant energy level instead of a flux AND it means your body consums its own fat and protien sources when it runs out of new sources.

This means muscle and fat.  Normally, it's fat first then muscle.  So while Joey is correct, his statement is kind of misleading.

The atkins diet itself, however, says VERY CLEARLY that you should NOT maintain an all fat and protien diet long term.  In fact, you are specifically instructed to slowly phase a limited amount of sugars and carbs BACK into your diet.  You are also instructed to take breaks from the diet every few months.

Therefore, the atkins diet is not JUST a short term diet to lose weight, it is an entire lifestyle change and it something you can maintain your ENTIRE LIFE.

When done properly, there is no evidence that it in any way contributes to heart problems.

Edit: In before "sayyouwould" responds with a stupid "yeah, we'll your a meanie" post.

Edit Edit: FATS ONLY CLOG YOUR ARTERIES IF YOU DONT BURN THEM!
If you are reading this, you are probably on my ignore list.  Click here to return the favor

Wagella Wrote:Yay for Bigotry!!

---Andrew

LimeTwister

Diets
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2004, 07:19:36 pm »
Quote from: "Grakthis"

This means muscle and fat.  Normally, it's fat first then muscle.  So while Joey is correct, his statement is kind of misleading.

I shouldn't have posted it really...Because my foods teacher was just an airhead...or really liked the feeling of being high....she said a lot of incorrect stuff.

clamicas

• Fine as dandelions
    • MSN Messenger - claricecassou@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
Diets
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2004, 07:59:08 pm »
Have u read "The South Beach Diet" ?
My dad is doing that and he lost some good amount of weight. And he's a cardiologist specialized in nutritology, so I count his opinion :wink:  and he said that except about some things, like the way the Dr.Agnston disss carrots lol, it's a really good option. I read that, and I'm still worried bout the FASE 1 of that diet, it has loooots of restriction, but in a simple way what can I say?, it really makes ur blood healthier :)

But the most recomended is I think the good old 1200 calories a day is the best diet,eat the right amount o food accordin to the food piramid, cut the bad fat  ;) put that and some exercices like walking for an hour or at least 30 min everyday and u'll loose regularly weight, not fast, but constantly, and u'll b healthy.  ;)

sayyouwould

• View Profile
Diets
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2004, 08:10:00 pm »
ahhh thank god for ignore...

Grakthis

Posted: Sat Feb 14, 2004 9:44 pm    Post subject:  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You have added this person to your Ignore List. Click HERE to view this post.

I will pass on reading the click here before of course...he knows it ALL and I will avoid reading some bashing of myself tonight from a 23 year old.....

Holly

• VCUBs
  • Speeding into the horizon
  • Twin Stars
    • View Profile
Diets
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2004, 08:29:26 pm »
I have a lot of friend's and family friends on atkins, it works well!
I dont have the self dicipline to go on a structured diet... but I am trying to cut back and eat more healthy. So far I've been pretty good! I had to put my weight down for my graduation gown, and I put 10 lbs less than I am, that way I have to loose the weight by June! It's a way to drive me... lol.
"i'm willing to do anything
to calm the storm in my heart
i've never been the praying kind
but lately i've been down upon my knees
not looking for a miracle
just a reason to believe"

JazzyManda

• AOL Instant Messenger - JazzyTrumpet07
    • View Profile
Diets
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2004, 08:40:16 pm »

well, the news also said he died obese.  :roll:

i say if you join a soccer team you'll be fine and can eat whatever you want. lol. works for me

Amanda

sayyouwould

• View Profile
Diets
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2004, 08:55:36 pm »
Quote from: "JazzyManda"

well, the news also said he died obese.  :roll:

i say if you join a soccer team you'll be fine and can eat whatever you want. lol. works for me

Amanda

Funny Manda....lol there are girls on the soccer team here that are pretty big...and it's even more funny when they play basketball too...so much exercise and yet still so big.