Author Topic: The Fray  (Read 26632 times)

PianoGirl4444

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
    • http://www.shannonthomas.net
    • Email
The Fray
« Reply #60 on: October 05, 2006, 07:11:22 pm »
Quote from: "bluebutterfly"
i heard the fray on the radio 3 times in half an hour this morning  :)

Oh my.

Overkill.
Cross paths with what you used to have. You've gotta learn that you've gotta earn
The fantasy
:: shannonthomas.net ::

me and my piano---tim

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
The Fray
« Reply #61 on: October 07, 2006, 03:11:51 pm »
Quote from: "PianoGirl4444"
i heard the fray on the radio 3 times in half an hour this morning  :)

Oh my.

Overkill.

That's SO awesome! I'm so amazed that they /actually/ made it. They're from denver... the first concert I saw them at was a free CD release party a couple years ago in a tiny little record store. and now they're HUGE. amazing.

Gina

• Speeding into the horizon
    • View Profile
The Fray
« Reply #62 on: October 09, 2006, 07:21:28 am »
Yeah, it's awesome for them, I'm really happy for them.  Been listening to them for over a year now... and it's awesome to see them get so much recognition but - radio really does play their songs WAAAAAAAY too much.
Gina
.She'd do anything to sparkle in his eye.

me and my piano---tim

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
The Fray
« Reply #63 on: October 10, 2006, 08:26:42 pm »
I guess I really wouldn't know, I don't listen to the radio now that I've got my IPOD!!! helll yea! sorry, but I just got my ipod a couple of months ago... I don't know how I've gone without it. The radio, as our favorite, Hilary Duff, would say, is "so yesterday."
I hate commas.

PianoGirl4444

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
    • Email
The Fray
« Reply #64 on: October 11, 2006, 05:42:39 am »
Quote from: "me and my piano---tim"
I guess I really wouldn't know, I don't listen to the radio now that I've got my IPOD!!! helll yea! sorry, but I just got my ipod a couple of months ago... I don't know how I've gone without it. The radio, as our favorite, Hilary Duff, would say, is "so yesterday."
I hate commas.

Commas are necessary, though.   :wink:

I hardly ever listen to the radio & yet every time I have it on I am bombarded by The Fray!
Cross paths with what you used to have. You've gotta learn that you've gotta earn
The fantasy

bluebutterfly

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/jesster22
The Fray
« Reply #65 on: October 12, 2006, 06:34:58 pm »

I hardly ever listen to the radio & yet every time I have it on I am bombarded by The Fray!

Actually every time I listen to the radio I am bombarded with Pink's "U and ur hand"  :?

PianoGirl4444

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
    • Email
The Fray
« Reply #66 on: October 13, 2006, 05:21:53 am »

Actually every time I listen to the radio I am bombarded with Pink's "U and ur hand"  :?

Hmm, I haven't heard that yet.
The fantasy

PianoLover24

The Fray
« Reply #67 on: October 21, 2006, 07:39:13 am »
Does anyone have a good transcription of the sheet music for How To Save a Life? I don't trust buying the book...

joey

• Your true colors shown
    • MSN Messenger - josephherbert@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
The Fray
« Reply #68 on: October 22, 2006, 06:34:19 am »
Quote from: "Evanescence243"
Does anyone have a good transcription of the sheet music for How To Save a Life? I don't trust buying the book...

i dont really know how far your comfortable with learning from vids but there are a few(two...i think) videos on youtube (around 8 minutes long) teaching you how to play that song...
"I see the Dalai Lama ... I feel him blessing me"

Myspace...Add me...

PianoLover24

The Fray
« Reply #69 on: October 22, 2006, 06:35:31 am »
Thanks!

Gina

• View Profile
The Fray
« Reply #70 on: October 23, 2006, 07:05:21 am »
I'm so bummed that I couldn't go to their show in Toronto on Saturday.  But it was parents weekend and my family came up.  Bummer.
Gina

Gina

• View Profile
The Fray
« Reply #71 on: June 17, 2007, 09:16:08 pm »
sooo I finally got to see them live tonight, after waiting almost 2 years.  They were absolutely amazing!  I was extremely impressed with their live performance.  Not to mention they jokingly did a cover of "Dance Like This" by Shakira and it was absolutely hilarious.  Mae opened for them and I loved them as well (of course, they're my favorite band), though it was my... 5th time seeing them live.  They played some new songs so that was cool.  The Fray did as well.  Great show.  Ok Go also played, don't really care for them too much.
Gina

iKnowWhatYouDid

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • AOL Instant Messenger - mbiddy001
    • View Profile
The Fray
« Reply #72 on: June 18, 2007, 12:54:58 pm »
Quote from: "Gina"
sooo I finally got to see them live tonight, after waiting almost 2 years.  They were absolutely amazing!  I was extremely impressed with their live performance.  Not to mention they jokingly did a cover of "Dance Like This" by Shakira and it was absolutely hilarious.  Mae opened for them and I loved them as well (of course, they're my favorite band), though it was my... 5th time seeing them live.  They played some new songs so that was cool.  The Fray did as well.  Great show.  Ok Go also played, don't really care for them too much.

i saw them last night too.. and yeah, i loved when they did "hips don't lie," that was probably my favorite part of their performance. the drummer ben was so funny. i still can't really believe they're headlining though.. i remember being really excited about them being the free download of the week like a year ago on itunes. haha. but my favorite part of the night was meeting mae for the first time.. they're so nice. i wish they could have played longer though.. i really thought ok go should have played before them. but anyway, the fray was fantastic, i'd definitely go see another one of their shows this summer.

Gina

• View Profile
The Fray
« Reply #73 on: June 19, 2007, 11:04:52 am »
I'm so happy you love mae!  They're amaaazing guys!  And honestly, I've seen them play much better than they did, but I think it was the fact that they were just an opener.  If you haven't seen them in a smaller venue before, you really should sometime!  Loooove them!  Can't wait for their new album to come out!
Gina

Dancernl

• Fine as dandelions
    • AOL Instant Messenger - balletstar86
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/dancernl/Menu9.html
    • Email
The Fray
« Reply #74 on: June 19, 2007, 12:13:25 pm »
Quote from: "Gina"

What the hell Gina!  Jessie and I were there too, we were in the pit up front.  I wish we knew you were going too!!!  It was an awesome show, though.  I really liked Mae, and even though I didn't think I'd like OK Go I thought they were entertaining.
It is a crime to kill a neighbor, and an act of heroism to kill an enemy.  But who is an enemy and who is a neighbor is purely a matter of social definition.  - E.R. Leach