Author Topic: 2/19/2011 -- Sunset Sessions -- La Costa Resort, Carlsbad, CA  (Read 46851 times)

WhiteRabbit

• Your true colors shown
  • 'Cause It's All White On White....
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: 2/19/2011 -- Sunset Sessions -- La Costa Resort, Carlsbad, CA
« Reply #90 on: February 21, 2011, 06:05:48 pm »
Yeah, they both have one of those! I've noticed that before too. I really like the necklace myself :)

lydia

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 21, 2011, 06:49:08 pm »
Yeah, they both have one of those! I've noticed that before too. I really like the necklace myself :)

I noticed the necklace on Vanessa and thought it was pretty, but I didn't notice it on Stevie until you pointed it out.  That's nice that they both wore the matching necklaces.. they're pretty!

OPENROAD

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 21, 2011, 07:12:29 pm »
Thanks everyone for the uploads, so glad that I discovered this website or I would have no Vanessa news, really loving Carousel, have a feeling it might be the first single.

And yes Vanessa's voice is definitely gentler/softer which I am really enjoying.
Never too late to change the pace
oh how the days creep up on you
but the goodness is something you don't have to chase
cause its following you

bumblebee429

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 22, 2011, 03:32:27 am »
You people are truly amazing.  Thank you so much for all the work you do to bring all this Vanessa related information to a place where we can all enjoy it... Thank you to Remix who snuck in and for everyone who did recordings and then for everyone who got those recordings and centrally placed them on this site.  You are all the best fans ever so glad to be a part of this awesome community of Vanessa lovers!  :)

This pretty much sums it up for me :)
I haven't really been posting much, but I was checking these boards at least once a week in the "hibernation period" between albums - and now that the album is about to take off and the boards are constantly being updated with news, I'm on here pretty much all the time!
I love how close-knit the nessaholics are - it's really lovely to feel a part of something so special. And I appreciate so much all the effort people are putting in to share new recordings, videos and updates with everyone.
I love being part of this community :)

Sarah xx

bumblebee429

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 22, 2011, 03:36:29 am »
really loving Carousel, have a feeling it might be the first single.

Me too :)

Sarah xx

sarab

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
  • Wolves howl to a moon and she never answers back
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #95 on: February 22, 2011, 06:47:08 am »

I noticed the necklace on Vanessa and thought it was pretty, but I didn't notice it on Stevie until you pointed it out.  That's nice that they both wore the matching necklaces.. they're pretty!

I want one too! (sorry for the deviation of subject, but I just had to point it out!)
~Sara~

sarab

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #96 on: February 22, 2011, 06:57:20 am »
After listening to all of the recordings and not just squeeing over Carousel, it definitely seems like V brought her A-game to the Sunset Sessions. Seems like it was a great set! It is also exciting to get such great quality video.

My theory on that is she was surrounded by musicians and people who will really appreciate her. Not that she wants to impress them, but she knows they most likely won't just talk the whole time and really pay attention to what she has to offer.  Very unlike the concert I was at a week ago where most of the people just wanted a free concert and maybe handful of fans were out there.   the ATM version does sound like she is singing different and it seems very much like the style she's singing on the new album (from what we have heard on the video at the website).  More angelic, if that could ever happen!  I think with each album her voice has matured and each album has it's own sound.
~Sara~

sarab

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #97 on: February 22, 2011, 07:23:38 am »
This was on the sunset sessions page, I'm sure you all have read but didn't see it on here.  I just thought it was funny because, yup, we are pretty ravenous :)

The internet is amazing, isn't it? I uploaded about 40 videos from Sunset Sessions, and was planning on going back to title all the videos (or con Matt the potential intern into doing it, aka Matt PI), and I wake up to find that 41 people have already watched my video of Vanessa Carlton and Stevie Nicks. How did they even find it titles 8471 or whatever? I dunno. Regardless, I've added more titles and it's pretty obvious that Vanessa Carlton has some ravenous fans because they're eating them up.
~Sara~

KULPDOGG

• View Profile
    • http://kulpdogg.googlepages.com
    • Email
« Reply #98 on: February 22, 2011, 07:26:46 am »
This was on the sunset sessions page, I'm sure you all have read but didn't see it on here.  I just thought it was funny because, yup, we are pretty ravenous :)

The internet is amazing, isn't it? I uploaded about 40 videos from Sunset Sessions, and was planning on going back to title all the videos (or con Matt the potential intern into doing it, aka Matt PI), and I wake up to find that 41 people have already watched my video of Vanessa Carlton and Stevie Nicks. How did they even find it titles 8471 or whatever? I dunno. Regardless, I've added more titles and it's pretty obvious that Vanessa Carlton has some ravenous fans because they're eating them up.

haha, very nice  :D

Weisz

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 22, 2011, 09:11:13 am »

Hahaha ;D That person told me on twitter to stay tune to that page. I saw she had a youtube channel, and the other night i just checked her account to see if, and found V's videos, and yeah, the names were something like MA8471 or whatever haha
It's just me....and a drum. brmbrmbrmbrmbrbbrbrbrmmm

Still stars through a window, will they ever know this madness, madness of the

Martin.

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
« Reply #100 on: February 22, 2011, 09:16:59 am »
Vanessa has the best fans. It amazes me how we manage to stay so up-to-date with everything considering she barely keeps us in the loop herself.

sarab

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #101 on: February 22, 2011, 10:22:09 am »
Vanessa has the best fans. It amazes me how we manage to stay so up-to-date with everything considering she barely keeps us in the loop herself.

you are a crafty lot.
~Sara~

sarab

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #102 on: February 22, 2011, 10:35:28 am »
WAIT!!!!!!!!!! OMG.  In the speech that Stevie gives on Carousel, the uncut version, the entire video, at minute 1:41 she says "she played this song, that's COMING OUT"  I think we have our first single ladies and gentlemen!
~Sara~

sarab

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #103 on: February 22, 2011, 10:36:48 am »
WAIT!!!!!!!!!! OMG.  In the speech that Stevie gives on Carousel, the uncut version, the entire video, at minute 1:41 she says "she played this song, that's COMING OUT"  I think we have our first single ladies and gentlemen!

oh wait, maybe she says "up"  well, we'll see.
~Sara~

Martin.

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
« Reply #104 on: February 22, 2011, 11:02:13 am »
She means the song they're about to sing together, lol.