Author Topic: Romance as a Creative Endeavor??  (Read 2146 times)

me and my piano---tim

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
Romance as a Creative Endeavor??
« on: June 22, 2007, 06:16:15 am »
I have a pretty good guard up whenever I meet someone new. I rarely date because I feel like I can read people too well, even tho I'm really just jumping to safe conclusions. But I've been seeing this guy now for like 3 weeks and each time I see him I like him even more, which is rare. I loved our date so much last night.. I was strangely inspired to write a poem.

I'm not quite sure why I'm sharing this...Just curious what random thoughts you all might have on dating or what not.

Sometimes,
When I think of you,
It seems I don't know how.
No melody to follow
As the jazz fills my heart,
Leading my yearning soul
To the wonder of the next beat.

NoelleNC

• You aren't tryin'
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Noelle1822
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2007, 12:04:51 pm »
The first 3 lines confuse me. Are you saying you don't know how to think of him when you think of him? That's an interesting thought, but I wasn't sure that's what you were trying to convey. I like it's brevity though.

Edit: Oh yeah, I'm also wondering why you are talking about jazz. I think you might need to give a little more insight into the situation. Even a title could help with that. But at this point, I'm thinking why does jazz fill your soul?

me and my piano---tim

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2007, 09:37:09 pm »
Quote from: "NoelleNC"
The first 3 lines confuse me. Are you saying you don't know how to think of him when you think of him? That's an interesting thought, but I wasn't sure that's what you were trying to convey. I like it's brevity though.

Edit: Oh yeah, I'm also wondering why you are talking about jazz. I think you might need to give a little more insight into the situation. Even a title could help with that. But at this point, I'm thinking why does jazz fill your soul?

Thanks for the feedback! Here I'll try and explicate it lol

"Sometimes/When I think of you/It seems I don't know how" -- you're correct... it means I don't know what to think when I'm thinking of him. One thought leads to another, leads to another. Ultimately, I'm saying I'm confused.

"No melody to follow/As the jazz fills my heart" -- See, during our date there was a jazz band and we were talking about music, and jazz of course... We both like jazz, but I realized that usually there's really no melody line to jazz, nothing you can follow, nothing you can really predict. Maybe that's why many people don't like that style of music. With jazz, there's no song to sing to... you have to accept the music for what it is and not try to make it into something it can't be. The jazz represents the spontaneity of our relationship and I also intended it to clarify those first 3 lines.... that I don't know how to think about him. I should just stop trying to make sense of it all and accept everything for what it is.

"Leading my yearning soul to the wonder of the next beat"  -- In conclusion, there is nothing I can do but yearn for the next moment in our relationship.

"jazz fills my heart" is my way of saying that it's all overwhelming, but amazing and wonderful at the same time.

haha so much for brevity! Does this make sense tho?

NoelleNC

• You aren't tryin'
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Noelle1822
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2007, 10:40:50 am »
Cool, ok, I see what you mean. I think maybe you could substitute "as the jazz" with "like jazz" or "like a jazz line" or even "like a jazz number/song/tune". That would connect the confusion with the jazz a little more concretely. =D

me and my piano---tim

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2007, 11:48:25 pm »
Quote from: "NoelleNC"
Cool, ok, I see what you mean. I think maybe you could substitute "as the jazz" with "like jazz" or "like a jazz line" or even "like a jazz number/song/tune". That would connect the confusion with the jazz a little more concretely. =D

hmm good advice ... I think I get what you're saying. I thought about it for a while, and this is what I came up with. Does it make more sense this way, or do you think I am going the wrong direction?

Sometimes,
When I think of you,
It seems I don't know how.
No melody to follow
As the jazz of our tune
Leads my yearning soul
To the wonder of the next beat.