Author Topic: MSG Documentary Salutes Refurbished Beacon  (Read 1877 times)

cassiemoy

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
    • Email
MSG Documentary Salutes Refurbished Beacon
« on: April 08, 2009, 01:25:22 am »
v will be, extremely briefly probably, in a documentary about the reopening of the beacon theatre. on the msg network, i think. or the starz channel? anyone have these cable channels?

http://www.multichannel.com/article/195682-MSG_Documentary_Salutes_Refurbished_Beacon.php

MSG Documentary Salutes Refurbished Beacon
Film On Venerable Theatre Bows April 7
Mike Reynolds -- Multichannel News, 4/5/2009 1:24:00 AM MT

MSG will premiere an original documentary about the restoration of the The Beacon Theatre this Thursday.

The regional network will bow The Beacon Theatre: A New York Legend Reborn on April 9 at 10 p.m. Produced by Phear Creative in conjunction with MSG, the documentary will explore the theatre's history from the moment it opened its doors as a vaudeville house in 1929, through the restoration and grand re-opening in February 2009, with a Paul Simon concert. Viewers will see a glimpse of this iconic venue via archival concert footage, artist interviews and sit-downs with the promoters who filled it with music.
The Beacon, which like MSG is owned by Cablevision Systems, has always been a favorite New York stop for top musicians and performers. The Beacon Theatre: A New York Legend Reborn will relive some of the venue's most memorable moments through concert clips and first-hand accounts of the people who have played the room, including Gregg Allman, Wyclef Jean and Conan O'Brien..
With the film, MSG also captures the red carpet glamour of the building's  re-opening in February 2009. Viewers will hear from the stars that turned out to celebrate the Beacon, including Whoopi Goldberg, Vanessa Carlton, Rosie O'Donnell, Jane Krakowski, Jimmy Fallon, and Jon Bon Jovi, who share their personal memories and remember the concerts that were important to them.
"The Beacon Theatre has played an important role in New York City's culture and music scene for eighty years, and we are looking forward to sharing the storied history and unique rebirth of this incredible landmark building with our viewers," said Dan Ronayne, executive vice president and general manager of MSG Networks, in a statement. "With in-depth interviews from the musicians and performers that have graced the stage, this documentary will take viewers behind-the-scenes of a New York institution."
The Beacon Theatre: A New York Legend Reborn is the latest from the MSG Originals series of exclusive documentaries that includes Spring of '94, Mecca of Boxing, The Concert for New Orleans Remembered, The Concert for New York City Remembered, Diamond at the Rock: 75 Years at Radio City Music Hall and Lapchick and Sweetwater Breaking Barriers.
formerly fish_for__stars.

nutnlp

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
Re: MSG Documentary Salutes Refurbished Beacon
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2009, 07:13:34 am »
i posted this in the pictures thread only cuz i posted a picture of her segment interview on the previous page of said thread....i have never heard of these channels...perhaps canada cable channels?
..is rushing to pack his bags and take a trip to egypt like the average person does!!!

amberbeads

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Idledaylight01
    • View Profile
    • http://shameless-selfpromo.blogspot.com
Re: MSG Documentary Salutes Refurbished Beacon
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2009, 07:24:06 am »
msg... mmm chinese food...
*natalie*

at least i can say
i was not afraid
i loved you all the way