Author Topic: All Things "Rabbits on the Run" Part 2 New Release Date 07.26.11  (Read 102998 times)

Bruised

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
Re: All Things "Rabbits on the Run" Due: 06.21.11
« Reply #75 on: May 28, 2011, 01:56:19 pm »
It would have been nice if she offered an explanation to the people who not only pre-ordered her album (myself included) but stood by her over the years (again, myself included) as to why they won't be getting her album/their purchase on the day they're expecting. It might "sound good" to her, but I'm kinda upset about this.

Or at least apologized and acknowledged that she has fans that will be bummed by this news, instead of just "Ooh it's pushed back, that sounds good!"   :-\

lol so she just posted a thank you/apology on twitter.  :o Since we know you're lurking Vanessa, care to tweet an explanation for us for the delay so we can find comfort in a reason and not be so angry?

Fred_Saboya

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 28, 2011, 02:12:30 pm »
lol so she just posted a thank you/apology on twitter.  :o Since we know you're lurking Vanessa, care to tweet an explanation for us for the delay so we can find comfort in a reason and not be so angry?

OMG, SHE WAS HERE. definitely! so cute hahah
well, after this tweet... i think she can't tell us the reason of the date change yet.

JamesCrowley

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #77 on: May 28, 2011, 02:17:04 pm »
Pretty much the same as all of you guys- I've been eagerly awaiting this album since they announced the June release date and now I've found that it's been moved to July! I am annoyed, but as long as i get this music, i don't mind. I think you're right that she should give some sort of explanation as to WHY the album has been delayed because it's all very well saying that she appreciates us (I was chuffed when that came up on twitter ^_^) but i could do with a bit more clarification. Oh well, it's only another month i suppose :(
PS. Anyone know if V has any plans to come to the UK for touring?

barefootonbeaches

• Are the echoes coming back to you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 28, 2011, 03:08:00 pm »
Yeah, like somebody said this happens all the time....It's not going to kill me to wait but had been looking forward to having the album in 3 weeks for so long..so yeah, a little bummed.  Just kinda worried about going to the LA show now because I don't want to hear the entire album played live before I've heard it?

I totally know how you feel. When I listen to songs live first, it influences how I listen to the studio versions. So if I hear them all at the LA show, then I will always compare the studio version to how good it sounded live, and if it doesn't meet the "live standard" then I get kind of disappointed. That's just me. I'm bummed out too, but there's nothing we can do right? so I'll try not to let it get to me. Do you think we might get another single in that time to compensate?
I have a really cool The Fray gif that I would like to put here, but I don't know how. :(

sarab

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
  • Wolves howl to a moon and she never answers back
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #79 on: May 28, 2011, 04:30:43 pm »
Yeah, like somebody said this happens all the time....It's not going to kill me to wait but had been looking forward to having the album in 3 weeks for so long..so yeah, a little bummed.  Just kinda worried about going to the LA show now because I don't want to hear the entire album played live before I've heard it?

I totally know how you feel. When I listen to songs live first, it influences how I listen to the studio versions. So if I hear them all at the LA show, then I will always compare the studio version to how good it sounded live, and if it doesn't meet the "live standard" then I get kind of disappointed. That's just me. I'm bummed out too, but there's nothing we can do right? so I'll try not to let it get to me. Do you think we might get another single in that time to compensate?

I know what you  mean about the live/album versions, but I try to see the best and the differences in either because sometimes I like all the extras and then in other moods I like the stripped down stuff.  I would hope another single, but it seems too soon because Carousel just came out..
~Sara~

coyote_revolver

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 28, 2011, 07:10:28 pm »
Why can't they at least give us a valid reason for the change of the release date? I'm upset :S

mysticalmists

• LET THE COUNTDOWN BEGIN.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 28, 2011, 10:55:02 pm »
Man, I'm a little disappointed. July 26th? That's AGES away - if it was early July, that'd be OK I guess, but literally another month? I'm sure there was some explanation..but still, feeling a little deflated. But yeah, I bet she was here..V's a lurker for sure!

Yeah, like somebody said this happens all the time....It's not going to kill me to wait but had been looking forward to having the album in 3 weeks for so long..so yeah, a little bummed.  Just kinda worried about going to the LA show now because I don't want to hear the entire album played live before I've heard it?
Even though I can't make it to the concerts (wrong country, damn it! V, come to Australia!!), I totally agree. I haven't listened to any of the live versions simply cos I want to hear the album for the first time, in all its perfection. Personally, I'd find it'd kinda suck to have the album played live before you get the chance to hear it properly :(

But anyways, putting aside my disappointment:

Thank you so much for sharing Martin!! I'm excited that we actually get a book for ROTR - hopefully it'll be good and have proper transcripts of her songs..otherwise, may have to rely on some of you excellent Nessaholics to do the transcribing ;)

Bruised

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 29, 2011, 12:13:48 am »

The calligraphy/artwork just keeps getting cooler and cooler  :o

Saba

« Reply #83 on: May 29, 2011, 12:20:40 am »
I'm kind of less excited for the shows now...

Same here. I'm significantly less bummed than I was when I first heard the news, but definitely not as excited as I used to be. Oh, well. C'est la vie. At least we're getting an album eventually. :)

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
  • And love comes back around again.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 29, 2011, 12:37:13 am »
I like the cover art for the sheet music book too.

But please... correct the very obvious typo.

Floating on the sea, stars are watching me. Currents take me out, what will be will be.

bumblebee429

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 29, 2011, 01:09:26 am »
I like the cover art for the sheet music book too.

But please... correct the very obvious typo.
I'm starting to think it's done on purpose.
Because in the calligraphy it says "Rabbits". If it were a mistake, it surely would have been fixed very early on (I work for a book publisher, so trust me, they pick up on everything and anything ::) - almost irritatingly so!)
So I think that's just the name of the sheet music book - Rabbit on the Run.
I think it sounds nice. It sets it apart from the album.

Sarah xx

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
  • And love comes back around again.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 29, 2011, 01:30:11 am »
I.Just.Had.An.Awesome.Realization.

It's like this (I think)

Vanessa Carlton, Rabbit On The Run

It's like V is the Rabbit. (:
« Last Edit: May 29, 2011, 01:59:15 am by [sobriquet] »

Floating on the sea, stars are watching me. Currents take me out, what will be will be.

HeroesAndThieves

• love plastic love
    • MSN Messenger - heroesandthieves@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #87 on: May 29, 2011, 01:48:28 am »
Oh man, ANOTHER month? We were just about to make it through to June.  :'(

maag

« Reply #88 on: May 29, 2011, 02:34:49 am »
Oh man, ANOTHER month? We were just about to make it through to June.  :'(

Maybe it would help it we finally got a decent website, which we have been waiting more than half a year for.

Rabbits_on_the_run

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 29, 2011, 02:41:33 am »
Let's just hope it won't get pushed back again! Sorry to talk AGAIN about Michelle Branch but her album was pushed back like 5 times and then cancelled. This can not happen with this record... I'm starting to wonder why the hell V wouldn't just release it on her own.. Well, it's all for the best I guess

And yay for the music sheets!

AND that idea about only one person buying the digital album (IF it's even released digitally on june 21st) is an amazing idea. They won't get our money twice (than originally planned ;)).