Author Topic: Heroes and Thieves Tracks  (Read 15419 times)

rainforestspirit

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/nessacarltonfan/
Heroes and Thieves Tracks
« on: June 03, 2007, 05:08:18 pm »
I was just wondering which tracks you all thought would be going on V's next album? I think it is pretty confirmed that Heroes and Thieves, Hands on Me, and Nolita Fairytale will all be on the album. But what others do you think will be on it? Do you think ALL of her new stuff will be on it? Do you think they will cut any of them? How about any old songs?

My possible guesses (no particular order):
Heroes and Thieves
The One (I really hope so, this is my fav!)
Nolita Fairytale
Hands on Me
My Best
This Time
Best Behavior
All is Well
House
Spring Street
Wave Goodbye
???

Other thoughts: Do any of you think she will finally put some old favs on like Morning Sting and Swindler? She has always said in concerts that she likes these songs, they just never made it to an album because they did not fit with the rest of the songs. I really hope that Swindler will be on it - even though it is "old" it is one of my favs and V still sang it during the Harmonium tour so we know she still likes it.

I highly doubt fan favs like Superhero, All I Ask, Birdie, etc will be on it since she hasn't played those in concert for a very long time.

Any other songs that someone knows about that I haven't heard about yet? That is only 11 songs which IMHO is not long enough - I'm hoping for 13-15 songs. Please, V??? I heard something about Quail Dude Squaw but I don't know anything about it at all.

Sorry if this was posted somewhere else but I couldn't find it......

PianoPlayer12

• Fine as dandelions
    • MSN Messenger - anthony_the_great_g6@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Mattia1045
    • View Profile
    • Nessfan12
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2007, 05:14:52 pm »
Hmmmm i think she will stick to 11 songs like all the other albums...

i dont think All is Well will be on the album though...so that leaves one spot open in my opinion...unless she took off spring street or wave goodbye, cuz we've never heard them, so who knos if they're good..

I think it'll be something like:

1. Nolita Fairytale
2. Heroes and Thieves
3. This Time
4. The One
5. Hands on Me
6. Best Behavior
7. My Best
8. Sprint Street
9. Wave Goodbye
10. ????
11. ????

I dunno....i dont think any old songs will be on it....but i dunno, i didnt put much thought into that.lol

Lets Make This Our Story. Lets Live In The Glory. Time It Fades Away Precious As A Song. Cause Someday We'll Be Gone
www.freewebs.com/nessfan12<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

portions.for.foxes

• You aren't tryin'
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Mika+Iwakura1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2007, 05:39:48 pm »
I really dislike how she limits the length of tracks on her records. Like, with Harmonium she stated that she really wanted a record with only 10 songs, and luckily we got The Wreckage as a bonus track. And I understand it's her art and she can do as she pleases with it, but... wtf! I'd definately like to see more than 10 or 11 tracks on this album, especially because we've already heard half of the songs on it.
And it's bad news, baby it's bad news
It's just bad news, bad news, bad news
'Cause you're just damage control
For a walking corpse like me - like you,
'Cause we'll all be portions for foxes
Yeah, we'll all be portions for foxes.

rainforestspirit

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2007, 06:02:56 pm »
Quote from: "portions.for.foxes"
I really dislike how she limits the length of tracks on her records. Like, with Harmonium she stated that she really wanted a record with only 10 songs, and luckily we got The Wreckage as a bonus track. And I understand it's her art and she can do as she pleases with it, but... wtf! I'd definately like to see more than 10 or 11 tracks on this album, especially because we've already heard half of the songs on it.

I definately feel the same way! I would love more songs than the "usual" 11. I agree that part of this is because we have heard about half of them already but I also think it is ironic cause we all beg to hear these songs before they are released. haha! I guess it is our own fault for that one

Martin.

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2007, 06:17:15 pm »
It's not entirely her fault.

Not completley sure how it works, but if she wanted more than 10/11 songs on the disc, they'd have to pay out more money.

portions.for.foxes

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2007, 06:20:07 pm »
Quote from: "rainforestspirit"

I definately feel the same way! I would love more songs than the "usual" 11. I agree that part of this is because we have heard about half of them already but I also think it is ironic cause we all beg to hear these songs before they are released. haha! I guess it is our own fault for that one

Well, it also doesn't help that Put Your Hands On Me, This Time and The One are really old songs (technically) at this point. I mean, she debuted them live when... sometime in 2005 wasn't it? 2 YEARS LATER. lol

Martin.

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2007, 06:20:29 pm »
I hope that if "House" doesn't make the final cut, we'll get to hear it one way or another.

A few people on here commented on how nice a track it was.

rainforestspirit

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2007, 06:23:45 pm »
Quote from: portions.for.foxes
Quote from: rainforestspirit

Well, it also doesn't help that Put Your Hands On Me, This Time and The One are really old songs (technically) at this point. I mean, she debuted them live when... sometime in 2005 wasn't it? 2 YEARS LATER. lol

Very true....but, she could have just not sung them in 2005...or any other time...and instead make us wait until the CD came out like most artists do. But I totally feel ya. I wish there was more new material. More than 11 songs on the album would fix that though! :-)

portions.for.foxes

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2007, 06:31:02 pm »
Quote from: "white_houses"
It's not entirely her fault.

Not completley sure how it works, but if she wanted more than 10/11 songs on the disc, they'd have to pay out more money.

I think we as a fanbase deserve that extra cash spent on us. lol It's been a rough ride with Vanessa since Harmonium initially released, and we're still around. I just think it'd make the album that much more of a rewarding experience for everyone.

Martin.

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2007, 06:32:42 pm »
Well hopefully we'll get more than 10 songs ;) And if the album's a success, it'll probably get a re-release with even more songs on!

portions.for.foxes

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2007, 06:35:56 pm »
Quote from: "white_houses"
Well hopefully we'll get more than 10 songs ;) And if the album's a success, it'll probably get a re-release with even more songs on!

Well, I doubt a re-release of Heroes and Thieves is anything realistic, and usually re-releases are issued to help an album with sales, like Beyonce's last album, which wasn't doing all that great when it first came out.

But I'd really like to see some physical CD singles released with some new b-sides and remixes! I think that'd be really sweet.

Jophess

• View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2007, 06:42:16 pm »
I'm just really hoping that Ameriteen isn't on it because I've recorded a version and am hoping to get permission to release it with/on my next CD.

Hopefully there'll be 12 + songs and not just 10 again, or has she said differently?
Joe

portions.for.foxes

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2007, 06:46:24 pm »
Quote from: "Jophess"
I'm just really hoping that Ameriteen isn't on it because I've recorded a version and am hoping to get permission to release it with/on my next CD.

Hopefully there'll be 12 + songs and not just 10 again, or has she said differently?

Nah, she hasn't mentioned anything in terms of album length. It's all speculation at this point. We won't know until we get an official track list.

I'm curious as to whether or not we'll get another cover song this time around. Be Not Nobody had Paint It Black and the international version of Harmonium had Where The Streets Have No Name. Sooo, I wonder if a cover song will end up on the US release or as a bonus song on the international release like last time.

ManuelD

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2007, 07:15:27 pm »
Quote from: "Jophess"

Nah, she hasn't mentioned anything in terms of album length. It's all speculation at this point. We won't know until we get an official track list.

I'm curious as to whether or not we'll get another cover song this time around. Be Not Nobody had Paint It Black and the international version of Harmonium had Where The Streets Have No Name. Sooo, I wonder if a cover song will end up on the US release or as a bonus song on the international release like last time.

No more covers please.

itsthefiveofus

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2007, 07:22:04 pm »

I know what you mean since we have already heard so many of those songs its not oging to be the same when you pop in the cd for the first time and listn to it ... you technalcally already have heard some of it. I just hope she adds more than 10 or 11 songs why not 12 or 13? thats not bad oh well either way its going to be rad to haver th new cd when it comes out.

Current takes me out, what will be, will be. Floating on the sea, stars are watching me.