Author Topic: 2004 MTV Video Music Awards  (Read 8231 times)

rosieposy87

• VCUBs
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Prat Twin #2
    • MSN Messenger - rosie_posy87@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - rosieposy87
    • View Profile
2004 MTV Video Music Awards
« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2004, 07:43:57 am »
Quote from: "BWilli"
Quote from: "Grakthis"
Quote from: "rosieposy87"
WTF has happened to Jessica Simpson!? Her performance was AWFUL! Me and my brother were just sitting there wincing. I mean, its obvious she has a really good vocal talent but somebody TRAIN it! When she can't get the note she starts singing like a) some strange jazz singer or b) like her voice has suddenly turned electronic and its hideous. I am also MORE than angry about the fact that she slaughtered one of the most legendary songs here- Angels by Robbie Williams- she murdered it! Luckily, everyone who saw the VMAs here will now hate her for covering one of the most famous songs of our generation.

Agreed.  Her version of the Robbie WIlliam's song isn't half as good as Robbie's.

BUT realize that 90% of the AMerican population wouldn't even know the song if it weren't for Jessica.  So if she prompted just a few people to check out the original, than it's a good thing.

I've known about the song since Robbie Williams sang it and I like his version...I have the CD it's on....I can't stand her version though.....I believe someone else sang it before Robbie did, but I'm not sure who....

Nope! Its ROBBIE's ROBBIE's ROBBIE's!

Even if people did check out the original- it makes me feel no better that she absolutely KILLED it. Usually i don't even like Robbie Williams but you just can't knock that song.
"I'm all about the wordplay."

BWilli

• Speeding into the horizon
    • MSN Messenger - bdubprod@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
2004 MTV Video Music Awards
« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2004, 07:50:44 am »
Quote from: "BWilli"
Quote from: "Grakthis"
WTF has happened to Jessica Simpson!? Her performance was AWFUL! Me and my brother were just sitting there wincing. I mean, its obvious she has a really good vocal talent but somebody TRAIN it! When she can't get the note she starts singing like a) some strange jazz singer or b) like her voice has suddenly turned electronic and its hideous. I am also MORE than angry about the fact that she slaughtered one of the most legendary songs here- Angels by Robbie Williams- she murdered it! Luckily, everyone who saw the VMAs here will now hate her for covering one of the most famous songs of our generation.

Agreed.  Her version of the Robbie WIlliam's song isn't half as good as Robbie's.

BUT realize that 90% of the AMerican population wouldn't even know the song if it weren't for Jessica.  So if she prompted just a few people to check out the original, than it's a good thing.

I've known about the song since Robbie Williams sang it and I like his version...I have the CD it's on....I can't stand her version though.....I believe someone else sang it before Robbie did, but I'm not sure who....

Nope! Its ROBBIE's ROBBIE's ROBBIE's!

Even if people did check out the original- it makes me feel no better that she absolutely KILLED it. Usually i don't even like Robbie Williams but you just can't knock that song.

hmm...not sure then why i thought he remade it......I only have The Ego Has Landed CD....I bought it after I saw him perform at Z100 Jingle Ball back in '99.....

I like most of his songs....but that's really another topic   :razz: