Author Topic: New Official Website  (Read 93772 times)

OPENROAD

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
Re: New Official Website
« Reply #210 on: February 21, 2011, 07:18:04 pm »
Can I just say how beautiful Vanessa is looking in the video.  :)

The studio versions of some of the songs really sound brilliant, although we have already heard some of the live versions of certain songs, the produced version will be like listening to a completely different song. Can't wait to listen to London.

And so agree, I would definitely buy an album of just Vanessa instrumentals.
Never too late to change the pace
oh how the days creep up on you
but the goodness is something you don't have to chase
cause its following you

itsthefiveofus

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: February 21, 2011, 07:30:41 pm »
I have NEVER been so excited for ANYTHING in my life. I simply have no words. I just, I don't know where to begin. Tears. Just simply tears of joy.

Current takes me out, what will be, will be. Floating on the sea, stars are watching me.

nessafan_sa

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: February 21, 2011, 07:56:01 pm »
SHRIEK!
aaaah.... this is amazing! :D :D this just made my day already! I can't wait I can't wait!!

Rabbits_on_the_run

• View Profile
« Reply #213 on: February 22, 2011, 12:30:48 am »
FUUUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I litterally have tears in my eyes... Can't believe this. Okay I can say this, and I'm a 100% positive.. this album is gonna be the best. thing. ever. I'm speechless. The photos look absolutely stunning, wouldn't be surprised if the cover will be by far her best one yet. The sound is so....... I have no words.

Just.. thank you Vanessa. Stevie was right, once you took her into your heart, she'll never let you go. And that video prooves it, she didn't let us go :):):):)

Rabbits_on_the_run

• View Profile
« Reply #214 on: February 22, 2011, 12:37:14 am »
That song that is playing at the beginning and at the end.... one of the most beautiful things I've heard.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 12:38:52 am by Rabbits_on_the_run »

Martin.

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
« Reply #215 on: February 22, 2011, 02:39:58 am »
Yes, I can't wait to hear that one. It's the sort of music I listen to, so I'm glad Vanessa is taking a different direction with this album.

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
  • And love comes back around again.
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: February 22, 2011, 02:48:05 am »
Yes, I can't wait to hear that one. It's the sort of music I listen to, so I'm glad Vanessa is taking a different direction with this album.

I agree. She sound so different now compared to her songs years ago. Her new songs sound more peaceful and calming. Not a single trace of dark tones.

Floating on the sea, stars are watching me. Currents take me out, what will be will be.

ThomasEj

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #217 on: February 22, 2011, 06:46:49 am »
great video. can't wait to listen to the cd and see the photosessions that we see in the video
Everything changes Friends become strangers
What we hold so dear slips away
The past keeps on fading, but I'll never forget you

sarab

• Wolves howl to a moon and she never answers back
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #218 on: February 22, 2011, 06:58:32 am »

I agree. She sound so different now compared to her songs years ago. Her new songs sound more peaceful and calming. Not a single trace of dark tones.

Maybe not dark, but definately melancholy.
~Sara~

sarab

• Wolves howl to a moon and she never answers back
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #219 on: February 22, 2011, 07:51:39 am »
I too think she looks amazing in this video and in the photo shoots.  I love the shot of her when she's in the fur coat and she turns around, makes a face and then smiles.  Her smile just melts me!  Is that weird coming from a woman? lol.  She is so beautiful and this album is just a culmination of everything that is her.   I also just noticed that Victor is sitting right next to her on the chair (which I like), he's adorable (for a wiener dog).  I'm glad she has that companionship. Animals really do ground you and give you a sense of home.  I'm getting more excited for undiluted Vanessa goodness.
~Sara~

Nessaholic4Ever

• Make me high on lullabies
    • MSN Messenger - none
    • AOL Instant Messenger - none
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #220 on: February 22, 2011, 09:20:51 am »
OMG @ the whole thing. I was okay until I heard the studio version of I Don't Want to Be a Bride. Then the children's choir came in, and the piano and drums and V's voice over top, and I just had tears streaming down my face. STREAMING. Then when the whole video was over I just kinda put my face in my hands and sobbed.

I AM SUCH A LOSER. But this album just sounds so magnificent, so transcendant, words can't explain.
I waste the days away
Waiting on a new age
But time betrays me
And I get older one more year

Lyris

• View Profile
« Reply #221 on: February 22, 2011, 09:40:56 am »
Hearing the little snippet of "Bride" in there was like listening to an earful of summer :D I can't wait!

Ahh, and she talks about how much she loves analogue as well. She's great.

joey

• Your true colors shown
    • MSN Messenger - josephherbert@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #222 on: February 22, 2011, 11:18:21 am »
a) Let me just say I'm in love with her and that video made my day.
b) I almost didn't notice Victor on the chair.
c) I love how she inspires me after watching this video. I mean she seems so confident of herself. It's like she knows what she wants and she's going after it. And it's not something impulsive... It's kinda well thought out... and just inspiring. LOVE THAT PART ABOUT THE VIDEO.
d) Does anyone else feel the makings of a second "Pleased to meet you"?
e) The part in the background that sounds like a her song being reversed when they introduce patrick hallaghan? AWESOME MUCH!!?
f) The bits of London that was leaked. Extremely haunting and TOTALLY unlike the stronger voice we've heard her use when she's sung it live.
g) The boots on concrete song seems to have an amazing chorus. Love the dreaminess of it all.
h) Actually disappointed with the number of kids in the children's choir. I wanted more of 'em!!! Or do you think this was just these kids recording and then they got some more of 'em. Blah. I don't know squash about recording.
i) Lastly. Love the way she reacts at the end of the video. The "Beautiful!" bit... She is so serendipitous even though she's such a pro flying solo and all... ya know what I mean? ;-)
"I see the Dalai Lama ... I feel him blessing me"

Myspace...Add me...

Lyris

• View Profile
« Reply #223 on: February 22, 2011, 11:31:22 am »
When they say "beautiful!" at the end, they actually seem to be reacting to the visible tape splice when it flies past the playback head. It's a little reminder that things are "hand made" and not digitally edited.

Martin.

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
« Reply #224 on: February 22, 2011, 12:31:25 pm »
Vanessa is naturally beautiful. I think I prefer her without the make up on. She looks so much prettier, IMO.