Author Topic: H&T a flop?  (Read 19458 times)

Butz

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
H&T a flop?
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2007, 01:16:25 pm »
If Vanessa already sold out with her music, wow I don't even know what I would call the people who actually did...

Morgan

• Your true colors shown
    • MSN Messenger - deeperthansurface@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
H&T a flop?
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2007, 03:03:20 pm »
I don't know what kind of effect this will have on you guys for saying this, but I'm allowed to speak my mind, so,
I think going into acting and modeling would be a bad idea if she doesn't want to. It would be selling herself out just for fame.
I say if we enjoy her music (which is obviously still coming), and we get others to, then great! But we don't have to make the whole world love Vanessa Carlton, because everybody has vastly different music tastes. I don't mean any offense on anyone when I say sometimes this 'nessaholics' thing can go a little bit too far. It is SO great that all of us appreciate and try to help Vanessa, but we don't have to obsess (not assuming all of you do).
That's what she said.

blueglove

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
    • Email
H&T a flop?
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2007, 03:04:43 pm »
Quote from: "craft"
Quote from: "ste_uel"
if she goes for acting, I could love to see her in "Will & Grace"  :razz:

Is that still in production? I'm not arguing, blueglove, but I don't think she sold out, but I think H&T is a lot different than we are used to hearing from Nessa.

no WAG stopped like three or four years ago.. I know I was in high school... anyways not sold out in the sense of other people... I think i am just mad about the sound of the cd... i mean more that she was not sticking with her sound, and I don't think that she was spreading out... I think this took a few steps back... the music I ADORE... it is the mixing that was done with it.. Her and the piano are amazing
Peace
-S

PutYourHandsOnMe101

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com
H&T a flop?
« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2007, 04:03:41 pm »
Quote from: "blueglove"
anyways not sold out in the sense of other people... I think i am just mad about the sound of the cd... i mean more that she was not sticking with her sound, and I don't think that she was spreading out... I think this took a few steps back... the music I ADORE... it is the mixing that was done with it.. Her and the piano are amazing

I kinda know what you mean but i love H&T! I don't think the album is only marketed at 14 year old girls either. I really truly believe that at the very, very least, Home, The One, Spring Street, Come Undone, and Hands On Me would appeal to lots of people if/when they hear them.
and if you don't believe me... just Put Your Hands On Me

itsthefiveofus

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
H&T a flop?
« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2007, 06:44:11 pm »
well I don't think she took a step back. Sure its def. no Harmonium! But its a lot better than Be Not Nobody, not to say that Be Not Nobody was bad but it just did not seem like her fully... anywho but yeah I don't think its a step back. Just my opinion.

Current takes me out, what will be, will be. Floating on the sea, stars are watching me.

Dora

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
    • http://www.vanessa-carlton.org
H&T a flop?
« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2007, 06:58:24 pm »
meh, I'm a bit unhopeful about this now.  Vanessa's style really isn't mainstream.  I love H&T but yeah...

iluvvanessa

• Fine as dandelions
    • AOL Instant Messenger - nolitafairytale1
    • View Profile
    • deviant art profile
H&T a flop?
« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2007, 09:53:56 pm »
I dont think it has done terrible, she just isnt the commercial type, although her promoter made her say they were selling HAH in the lobby at the Sj concert last night. i think some people may have bought them.
GIVE HEROES AND THIEVES AS  XMAS, HANUKA AND KWANZA GIFTS!!!!

portions.for.foxes

• You aren't tryin'
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Mika+Iwakura1
    • View Profile
H&T a flop?
« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2007, 09:54:41 pm »
Quote from: "DeeperThanSurface"
I don't know what kind of effect this will have on you guys for saying this, but I'm allowed to speak my mind, so,
I think going into acting and modeling would be a bad idea if she doesn't want to. It would be selling herself out just for fame.
I say if we enjoy her music (which is obviously still coming), and we get others to, then great! But we don't have to make the whole world love Vanessa Carlton, because everybody has vastly different music tastes. I don't mean any offense on anyone when I say sometimes this 'nessaholics' thing can go a little bit too far. It is SO great that all of us appreciate and try to help Vanessa, but we don't have to obsess (not assuming all of you do).

So far in this thread I've yet to see anyone obsessing over Vanessa. If you're looking for obsessed look to NolitaUnicorn and ILuvVanessa. lol
And it's bad news, baby it's bad news
It's just bad news, bad news, bad news
'Cause you're just damage control
For a walking corpse like me - like you,
'Cause we'll all be portions for foxes
Yeah, we'll all be portions for foxes.

iluvvanessa

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
    • deviant art profile
H&T a flop?
« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2007, 09:56:52 pm »
Quote from: "portions.for.foxes"

So far in this thread I've yet to see anyone obsessing over Vanessa. If you're looking for obsessed look to NolitaUnicorn and ILuvVanessa. lol

I am obsessed and i love it!!!

iluvvanessa

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
    • deviant art profile
H&T a flop?
« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2007, 09:59:31 pm »
but its a good obsession, i doint intend on making people love her, i love her and i know everyone's different. V is just a very special person to me, she's my role model, and i just love her music.

portions.for.foxes

• You aren't tryin'
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Mika+Iwakura1
    • View Profile
H&T a flop?
« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2007, 10:00:59 pm »
lol
And it's bad news, baby it's bad news
It's just bad news, bad news, bad news
'Cause you're just damage control
For a walking corpse like me - like you,
'Cause we'll all be portions for foxes
Yeah, we'll all be portions for foxes.

blueglove

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
    • Email
H&T a flop?
« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2007, 07:44:25 am »
Quote from: "iluvvanessa"
but its a good obsession, i doint intend on making people love her, i love her and i know everyone's different. V is just a very special person to me, she's my role model, and i just love her music.

Careful with that bill campaign you have.. it is a federal offense.. really illegal!!
Peace
-S

VanessaCarltonMania

• Your true colors shown
    • MSN Messenger - charmed.ashley@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
H&T a flop?
« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2007, 07:53:29 am »
Quote from: "beautyofspeed"
Quote from: "devil in the dark"
I know. Honestly, all it needs it promotion. I make my friends listen to V all the time in the car, and now they love the CD. They want it for Christmas. It's a good commerical album, the word just needs to get out.

I still think Vanessa should experiment with other mediums such as acting, or maybe even modeling. I mean, everyone does it these days, it's hard to be successful and not be well versed in different forms of entertainment these days. I could easily see her doing a supporting role for an indie film, like a black comedy or something. You know, small but impressionable appearances and such. And if the critics take to her maybe it's something she should pursue. lol

I don't claim to know how Vanessa should run her career, she'll do whatever she wants to do. But I'd like to see her getting herself out there in different ways. She won't have to lose her integrity by acting a bit or modeling, I actually think it'd be very cool.

Who knows.

Except she's always said she only plays the fame role to get her music out there for people to hear. Why switch to other things for fame's sake?

Because acting and modeling will also get her music more exposure. If people become interested in what she does in other mediums, they'll also get more interested in her music.

I'm not suggesting that she seek fame for the sake of getting famous, but becoming more well known and recognizable has its perks. And acting is a creative, artistic medium. It's not vapid.

There's no such thing as selling out anymore, it's not the type of world we live in now.

But i don't get it....how can she want to be a singer and be know world wide for her music...but she doesn't wanna be famous...?? fame comes with the package...and if acting or any extra thing will help her...then she go for it...not that she isn't doing well as is...but if the opportunity arrises...she should go for it i think....

LOVE YA NESSA! :P
http://allpoetry.com/fallengoddess - Check out my poetry and tell me what you think! Many thanks! -

VanessaCarltonMania

• Your true colors shown
    • MSN Messenger - charmed.ashley@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
H&T a flop?
« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2007, 07:57:16 am »

yeah...i agree....I hate it when my sister makes me listen to her ACDC and Aerosmith songs......so we shouldnt do that to anyone, even if it means losing one nessa fan from the world :p but at the same time...there will be others who are willing to listen and then later become nessa fans... so all is well! :D
http://allpoetry.com/fallengoddess - Check out my poetry and tell me what you think! Many thanks! -

charmedguy18

H&T a flop?
« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2007, 08:31:55 am »
Quote from: "ManuelD"
I would like to see her in a Zach Braff movie or something like that.

Omg! I was thinking the same thing! <3 him