Author Topic: Hands On Me Video (discussion)  (Read 52222 times)

fairytales

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
Hands On Me Video (discussion)
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2008, 12:13:39 pm »
Quote from: "portions.for.foxes"
Quote from: "romoin"
i think we felt HOM more spiritual and less sexual. Maybe we're gonna rediscover the song  :)

8/10

Except sex sells, spirtuality doesn't. lol

The video's not what I expected, but it's hot. The garter belt is all kinds of sexy. When she's lying on the bed though, her eyes are like, half-open and she's barely lip-synching - which I suppose is to create the affect of her day dreaming, but it also kind of makes her look cracked out, squirming in that bed like that. Haha.

Anyways.

I like this more adult side that she's displaying, she's incredibly sexy in this video and cleanly avoids being portrayed as slutty in any way. It's tasteful, simple, and poignant. And that's what I like about this video.

But when the guy was like, stroking Vanessa's face and they were grabbing each others hands and what not I was kinda like, "lol WHO DOES THAT. Shit grab her legs, look at those suckers, I'd want to grab those."

And you know Marc Klasfeld has been patting himself on the back for the ending of this video, I bet he thinks he's so clever. lol

holly cow shit.. someone i could agree with..:) i also agree with your explanation...^___^ cuz its true..
and yea i guessed it's her day dreaming the whole time of the guy she met at the video exchange. (following the phrase)"i'd lie awake at night for you, i pray"......................
--Funny how the things you need will find you
The things you want will leave you wanting some more
Everything that comes along reminds you
You can either rise above or you can hit the floor--

fairytales

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2008, 12:15:59 pm »
oh shoot... -doubled post

VanessaCarltonMania

• Your true colors shown
    • MSN Messenger - charmed.ashley@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2008, 12:17:38 pm »
Quote from: "I gotta wear shades"
Quote from: "fairytales"
i really like it...i think it's so vanessa...first off she's not showing some skin just to sell... nudity is part of of art, not all sexually.

That's probably the way Irv explained it to V, too.  :lol:

the nude painting in her apartment?... it's her style.. kind of a care-free attitude

Isn't it more her grandpa's style? What's her opinion of the painting?  "Gee grandpa, liked naked chicks."  :lol:

"... liked boobs!"
I think that's what she said :lol:LOL

maybe im mistaken but anyway yeah...i think she has it in her apartment cause her grandfather painted it....
but that doesnt mean it hasnt grown on her... :razz:

i think that nudity and sexuality is, in a way, art....
but it depends how it is portrayed...

in HOM, it was shown in a very respectable way...

i just didnt really like seeing Vanessa laying in bed the whole time, cause it was kinda of boring...shes like waiting for him to come and join her maybe ? :lol: LOL
And i dont really mind it being art and all, but like for instance...i didnt really have to see him unzipping her skirt and taking it off.... :lol:
thats just my opinion! :) :D
http://allpoetry.com/fallengoddess - Check out my poetry and tell me what you think! Many thanks! -

lavender skies

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2008, 12:48:39 pm »
i just sent an email to perez, too.

honestly, i love it. this video is amazing. the second half, especially.

chrisb

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • AOL Instant Messenger - smartdudeforlife
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 15, 2008, 12:50:29 pm »
Video was pretty hot, I liked it, could have had a bit more going on though I got a little bored half way through (until Vanessa's little moment at the end). I liked how it was sexy but classy at the same time.

This vid should get her some pretty good attention
8.5/10 for me

VanessaCarltonMania

• Your true colors shown
    • MSN Messenger - charmed.ashley@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2008, 12:52:01 pm »
this might be a stupid question to ask since u all seem to know who Perez is...
But...who is Perez!?!?!!  8O  8O  8O  :razz:  :razz:  :lol:  :lol:
http://allpoetry.com/fallengoddess - Check out my poetry and tell me what you think! Many thanks! -

craft

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 15, 2008, 01:07:54 pm »
Quote from: "VanessaCarltonMania"
this might be a stupid question to ask since u all seem to know who Perez is...
But...who is Perez!?!?!!  8O  8O  8O  :razz:  :razz:  :lol:  :lol:

Perez Hilton. He runs a famous gossip blog.

I liked the videoat the end. I think it could have been loads better, but beggars can't be choosers.

fairytales

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 15, 2008, 01:09:18 pm »
Quote from: "VanessaCarltonMania"
Quote from: "I gotta wear shades"
i really like it...i think it's so vanessa...first off she's not showing some skin just to sell... nudity is part of of art, not all sexually.

That's probably the way Irv explained it to V, too.  :lol:

the nude painting in her apartment?... it's her style.. kind of a care-free attitude

Isn't it more her grandpa's style? What's her opinion of the painting?  "Gee grandpa, liked naked chicks."  :lol:

"... liked boobs!"
I think that's what she said :lol:LOL

maybe im mistaken but anyway yeah...i think she has it in her apartment cause her grandfather painted it....
but that doesnt mean it hasnt grown on her... :razz:

i think that nudity and sexuality is, in a way, art....
but it depends how it is portrayed...

in HOM, it was shown in a very respectable way...

i just didnt really like seeing Vanessa laying in bed the whole time, cause it was kinda of boring...shes like waiting for him to come and join her maybe ? :lol: LOL
And i dont really mind it being art and all, but like for instance...i didnt really have to see him unzipping her skirt and taking it off.... :lol:
thats just my opinion! :) :D

true but i think the vid was not supposed to show what was written in the lyrics..
it showed her lying in the bed the whole time and day dreaming of the guy she really likes, crossing oceans, dalai lama, climbing tibetan mountains and and them having a decendants (chlidren) that grown old...
the whole surreal story in it were assumed to be just in her thinking...and it'll definitely look boring...
but was put in a very honest way... the little sexuality is part of it...(kind of a human thing..lol..) that some of us could probbly relate with...^_^

unfortunately, the vid was made in a different way as opposed to what most think it'll turn out..
but i anticipate that the lyrics with full of colors and amazing images to picture ARE FOR US TO IMAGINE, and vanessa in the vid is doing just the same...^_^

ste_uel

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 15, 2008, 01:13:15 pm »

true but i think the vid was not supposed to show what was written in the lyrics..
it showed her lying in the bed the whole time and day dreaming of the guy she really likes, crossing oceans, dalai lama, climbing tibetan mountains and and them having a decendants (chlidren) that grown old...
the whole surreal story in it were assumed to be just in her thinking...and it'll definitely look boring...
but was put in a very honest way... the little sexuality is part of it...(kind of a human thing..lol..) that some of us could probbly relate with...^_^

unfortunately, the vid was made in a different way as opposed to what most think it'll turn out..
but i anticipate that the lyrics with full of colors and amazing images to picture ARE FOR US TO IMAGINE, and vanessa in the vid is doing just the same...^_^

I agree! You've got a really good point

amberbeads

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Idledaylight01
    • View Profile
    • http://shameless-selfpromo.blogspot.com
« Reply #39 on: February 15, 2008, 01:21:47 pm »
i was just starting to get bored when it suddenly got interesting. very beautiful. she looks effing SEXY as usual.
*natalie*

at least i can say
i was not afraid
i loved you all the way
i'd pick the fool any day.

calum

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • MSN Messenger - calumrox@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: February 15, 2008, 01:22:20 pm »
Second half of this video is STUNNING.

fairytales

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 15, 2008, 01:31:39 pm »
Quote from: "ste_uel"

I agree! You've got a really good point

tnx...:) just sharing some thoughts..

LadyLavender

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 15, 2008, 01:37:37 pm »
i'm really disappointed in it. it looks cheap and we don't even see the "lover" til the end, a for a split second at that. i do like all the couples at the end though. but ugh 4/10.

whitehouses81680

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 15, 2008, 01:39:32 pm »
3/10

She could have done so much with this song. It is so spiritual and she pretty much killed it with this video.

I noticed how some of the lyrics don't correspond with her mouth movements and the piano didn't correspond to the track! It was poorly made. It filmed her sitting on a bed with a garter on.

It was bad. Very bad.

ste_uel

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 15, 2008, 01:45:05 pm »
Quote from: "LadyLavender"
we don't even see the "lover" til the end

yeah! he is so hot