Author Topic: the beatles!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 9794 times)

justaboy23

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/weirdgillysong
the beatles!!!!!!!!!!!!
« on: June 30, 2003, 07:27:08 am »
ok kids now it's really disapointing that no one has mentioned the best rock n roll band in the history of the world let's hear some talk about the fab four.....favorite song anyone?

shine on
in this dream scene lost my rhyme scheme
won't you fall down on me sleeping
and i will carry you all the way

LimeTwister

the beatles!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2003, 08:09:28 am »
Imagine is my favorite song, but i don't really like the beatles....at all.

justaboy23

• View Profile
for shame
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2003, 08:15:17 am »
how could you even type that.. go into the kitchen right now ... get a sharp knife and cut your fingers off... then go and listen to abbey road to pay for your blasphemy :twisted:

LimeTwister

Re: for shame
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2003, 08:16:58 am »
Quote from: "justaboy23"
how could you even type that.. go into the kitchen right now ... get a sharp knife and cut your fingers off... then go and listen to abbey road to pay for your blasphemy :twisted:

um I'll pass... :lol:

justaboy23

• View Profile
simma down
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2003, 08:22:25 am »
i was just kidding... hey you like who you like right... and imagine is a great song... but if you listen to john's stuff from the beatles years it's miles ahead of his solo work

jlmusicchick

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • View Profile
the beatles!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2003, 08:23:26 am »
um, hello, who doesn't like Eleanor Rigby? come on people! "yesterday" is probably my favorite song by them though.

Alecs

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
ummmmmmmmm
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2003, 02:18:12 am »
the beatles rule!!!!!
"The crows seemed to be calling his name thought Caw..."

justaboy23

• View Profile
it's so sad..
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2003, 05:19:50 pm »
i mean i may actually cry over the pitiful response the greatest band in the history of popular music is getting :cry:
doesn't anyone believe in love anymore?

David Hart

the beatles!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2003, 05:19:22 am »
Lucy in the sky with diamonds is my favorite! I'm a big fan of the songs that they did with Ravi Shankar. Anyway, I just watched yellow submarine this week and I was bugging out!

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Lord Andrew
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Grakthis
    • View Profile
    • http://www.grakthis.com
the beatles!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2003, 07:18:10 am »
You know what amazes me about the beatles?  They had VERY little technical musical talent.  None of them were good musicians.  They were good song writers, and they were pioneers.  But none of them were talented musicians.

I'd go so far as to say that Ringo was a BAD drummer.

My favorite beatles songs have always been Elanor Rigby, Rocky Racoon and Blackbird.
---Andrew
If you are reading this, you are probably on my ignore list.  Click here to return the favor

Wagella Wrote:Yay for Bigotry!!

---Andrew

tylor2000

• View Profile
the beatles!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2003, 08:40:58 am »
I don't know.  Their songs were popular.  I believe being popular and being great are two different qualities.  Although there are great popular songs.  

Alot of people can relate to their songs.  I like yesterday also.  But that is probably because it is sort of sad.

tylor

justaboy23

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2003, 12:31:47 pm »
:evil: i think i'm stuck in hell....what..the beatles weren't talented musicians? shame on you it takes a great musician to be a great songwriter... listen to those tunes man those weren't written by amateurs and nobody i repeat nobody can play slide guitar like mr. george harrison.. and nevermind that whole he can play the sitar too... i don't even feel i need to defend the brilliant bass lines of paul mccartney..and oh yeah he also played the guitar and piano.. and so could john.. and ringo lays it down smooth and steady.. no need for flash and crash when it's in the friggin pocket... wow i just realized i typed all of that in about ten seconds.. i was really upset..sorry :wink: i just feel the need to defend the geniuses without whom modern music wouldn't even exist in it's know form...and yeah that totally includes our beloved vanessa carlton.. who has said of her next album that she just wants it to sound like sgt pepper.. i mean come on..... ALL OF YOU NESSAHOLICS OUT THERE...QUICK..RUN,DON'T WALK TO YOUR NEAREST RECORD STORE (or just go through your parents music or something) AND GET A HOLD OF A BEATLES RECORD..ANY BEATLES RECORD...AND IF YOU CAN LISTEN TO ABBEY ROAD AND NOT FEEL SOMETHING CHECK YOUR PULSE YOU'RE PROBABLY DEAD...ooops.. :wink: sorry about that you guys didn't mean to go all postal....in short..too late... listen to the beatles..that is all

shine on

LimeTwister

the beatles!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2003, 01:31:21 pm »
well on a local oldies radio station they have like "brunch with the beatles" on Sundays...So I will save my money...and I am still living...and i didn't feel anything...Well I take that back I felt tired.

tricia

• Moderators
  • Trust me, I'm a doctor.
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
the beatles!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2003, 01:33:43 pm »
Limey Joe, you are right on.  I can not stand the Beatles.  I've not heard one song that I've liked.   *shudders*
I think you underestimate the level of my sneakiness

tylor2000

• View Profile
the beatles!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2003, 02:49:39 pm »
shame on you it takes a great musician to be a great songwriter...

that is not true.....there are alot of great song writers who are not musicians.....They know the instrument well enough to write music....but they don't perform all the time...

i just feel the need to defend the geniuses without whom modern music wouldn't even exist in it's know form...

And that we are finally trying to get out of.......

Sorry man just my opinion.....but maybe vanessa will improve business for herself by writing very popular songs like the beatles.....then after that write good music...I don't know...I'm going to wait to hear the next album is like and judge as we go......i'm her fan for the long run because I believe in her.......I have a feeling if she lives up to her potential she is going to be awesome.

tylor