Author Topic: When did you become a Vanessa fan?  (Read 6412 times)

Gina

• Speeding into the horizon
    • View Profile
When did you become a Vanessa fan?
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2004, 04:02:17 am »
Quote from: "blackvulture"
January 2, 2002 (two years ago this past Friday)
MTV2 Artists To Watch in 2002
First image I saw was this:

I watched and was glued to the set, before it was over I had a pen and paper ready to jot down her name to look her up on the net, see what more I could find.

*REMEMBERS SEEING THIS TOO* my very first image of Vanessa, and then i waited to see her on TRL... but I did't join any boards until way later, i started lurking around April (when i finally discovered that there was a board haha)
Gina
.She'd do anything to sparkle in his eye.

jlmusicchick

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2004, 10:20:25 am »
Same as BV and Gina - i had nikki download the song for me at college and the rest of the other ones as well and burn them for me till her cd came out.

TSE

• MSN Messenger - somniloquence@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - TSE455
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - i88bugs@yahoo.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2004, 12:06:28 pm »
Early-Mid March 2002

Joined VCMB April 8, 2002. . . :D

LifelessPie

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • AOL Instant Messenger - RoxyTatyy+22
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2004, 02:20:47 pm »
*cheyenne likes this question* haha..

it was in like march2002, or somewhere around when the ATM video came out, and i saw it on mtv in the morning, and then it was stuck in my head alll day, there was sjjust no escaping it, then every morning, i'd see the video and once again, it'd constantly be onnnn. THEN it started playing on the radio, and once again it haunted me lmao. then i startesd reeally liking it, and wanting to hear it more and more, but i'd never tell anyone hahah...i don't know why i kept it such a secret, but i did haha..then when i heard the album came out, for some reason i didn't buy it until like june hahaha..June14th 2001 yessa...probably the best album i've ever got i tell yaaaaa...
"How you gon' say, that I remind you, a yo jeep?!"

LimeTwister

« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2004, 02:33:40 pm »
lol everyone liked her when she was first seen on T.V... I first saw her on TRL in Jan. but I didn't pay attention to her and I didn't really like her, but then one day it came on the radio and I was in awe....thats when i started went to her site, but i didn't go to her boards until a couple of weeks later.

Jophess

• View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2004, 03:18:10 pm »
In August of 2002, I was referred by someone who I know to download "Paradise", because the song was "her fave!!!!!!!", so I did, liked what I heard, burned an *inaccurate* copy of BnN (A lot were the chorus repeated over and over). After that I joined the board even though I wasn't a big fan yet. I downloaded a correct version, fell in love, and bought the actual CD. I was a fan by mid-October 2002. I joined the O-Board August 22, 2002.
Joe

Holly

• VCUBs
  • Speeding into the horizon
  • Twin Stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2004, 03:24:03 pm »
I remember exactly what I was doing when I first saw her... I had gotten a new radio for Christmas and I was programming my favorite stations into it while watching TRL. i wasn't really paying attention to the show though, more to my radio. But I heard Carson say something about a new artist that he thought was awesome, so I payed attention. I was a fan from the first notes in the song since the intro is amazing! I watched the video and afterwards I immediatly went on my computer to find out more about her! Carson only said her name, I didnt see it written, but luckily Vanessa Carlton wasnt hard to spell and I checked to see if there was a VanessaCarlton.com and luckily there was... so I was able to find out more about her! I also imed several of my friends asking if they knew about her, none of them did yet though! Actually one of the first people I remember asking about her was Lani, and now she's a NESSAholic too!  :)
"i'm willing to do anything
to calm the storm in my heart
i've never been the praying kind
but lately i've been down upon my knees
not looking for a miracle
just a reason to believe"

KULPDOGG

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
    • http://kulpdogg.googlepages.com
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2004, 04:12:24 pm »
well, i was a fan since the first time i heard her.. :D
umm i'd say ...
hmmm...

febuary or march of 2002? im not sure when the first time i heard her was..

i remember..
one day my sister was picking me up from school, and she was talking to me and was all like,
"you know that song with the girl who looks like michelle branch, and she goes around on her piano?, do you know what her name is?"
i was like.. uhhh what?
then a few days later or whatever, my sister heard it on the radio and made me listen to it.. yay...then  still didnt know her name.. and like a week later my sister found out her name.. and so i searched for it on the computer, and found her website..
at first i just looked at the website and totally ignored the message board.
..then after i heard it on the radio a couple more times, i rEALLY liked it and i wanted to hear more of her songs! ...so when i found out that she was just about to release a cd, i was like WOO! i am SO getting this!
and so the day the cd came out, i went to Best Buy and bought it!
i spent like ALL DAY listening to it..
and blah blah a couple days of lurking on the board, i got interested in it,and joined it on 5/5/02 :)

so thats ruffly my story..
(no, i didnt see the ATM video before i got the CD., but i saw it shortly after)

Scotty

• MSN Messenger - c_slaughter14@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - pianoguy1588
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - nessaholic88@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2004, 05:08:56 pm »
they used to air the US trl here and thats where i first seen Vanessa sometimes around end of Jan/Feb

Unoriginal Dum-Dums

neos

• VCUBs
  • I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
  • Prat Twin #1
    • AOL Instant Messenger - superneos
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2004, 11:44:03 am »
It must have been early/mid January 2002 for me... I remember perectly well I was babysitting these two friends of my brother's, and while they did their homework I was doing mine (I was studying for a Geography exam!) while I listened to the radio and ATM came on! While I was listening to the song I tried to figure out the title so i could d/l it later... lol I wrote "making my way" quickly on my book before hearing it was called "A Thousand Miles"

After that I downloaded it, started searching for info... and came across the O-board. I just checked it once in a while til I decided to join in February :) And here I am, 2 years later, ta-daaaaa! Still a Nessaholic!  :D

there's only four seasons
and this one's almost gone
these nights feel so good
but this one's almost gone

vanessafan18

• You aren't tryin'
    • MSN Messenger - Gfoster27@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - RedDitty87
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2004, 12:48:03 pm »
I first became a fan when I went to France like July 2002?

We were staying at this really nice hotel, but it was extremely expensive to have a evening meal! So instead just my mum and dad went for the meal. My brother and me were a little annoyed at first but we had the TV all to ourselves! And that's when we turned onto MTV and 'A Thousand Miles' starts playing!  :D It was so different from anything out at the time, and made a huge impact on me! She just came a inspriration from then on! I learnt the beginning by ear and started playing on their piano  :oops: lol.

As soon as I got home, I brought the single and the album and in August that year joined the O-board.

Since then never stopped being a NESSAholic  :D

xoxoxox

Thank so much for the sig Scotty!! <3 It's gorgeous!