Author Topic: Diet help???  (Read 19448 times)

iluvvanessa

• Fine as dandelions
    • AOL Instant Messenger - nolitafairytale1
    • View Profile
    • deviant art profile
Diet help???
« Reply #45 on: June 09, 2008, 05:06:33 pm »
Sorry for the double post, but this is something that I must say before a huge fight breaks out,

I am very sorry for some of the rude and uncalled for comments and replies that I have posted on this topic, I am having a hard time at the moment in my life away from these boards and I shouldn't be taking this out on any of you, or have this stress overcome me. I would just like to say sorry, but I somehow had to get it out that I am not lying about this, [why would i even do that?] but I feel like I did it in the wrong way.

sorry

NESSAussie

• Fine as dandelions
    • MSN Messenger - nessaussie@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • http://www.mybiopro.com/AU/?ID=harmonium
Diet help???
« Reply #46 on: June 10, 2008, 03:10:19 am »
The real issue here is whether some of the replies in the thread should've
been made in a different vein or at least qualified first. Everyone that has
experienced some form of success with a diet is likely going to share info
they think is going to help in some way. Here's to more helpfull replies  8)

Peace

Aaron

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Lord Andrew
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Grakthis
    • View Profile
    • http://www.grakthis.com
Diet help???
« Reply #47 on: June 10, 2008, 06:45:37 am »
Quote from: "iluvvanessa"
Quote from: "Grakthis"
ok first of all how dare you call me a liar. You don't fucking know me, you have no idea how hard this was for me to sit in a restaurant with my family eating food and me sitting there with a dry salad if that, you have no clue how many people have called me anorexic for not eating lunch, and seeing that i dramatcally lost weight, I put in so much to do this diet and lose weight because I HAVE WILL POWER! If you want to fucking call me a liar you go ahead, but you are the one who is lying, i admit that i didn't lose my weight the healthy way, but i lost it, a person on a diet defined healthy loses about 1 pound of body fat per WEEK, I took health last semester and i know that what i do to diet MIGHT have been classified as VERY MINOR anorexia, but i know myself well enough to know my limits. I worked extremely hard to lose all the weight that i lost in that time, i ate very little, and didn't end up in a hospital. i am still a normal person. You can't judge people like me and call them a liar on something that you obviously can't prove wrong, if you were my mother or in my family you would know that i am not lying.

your help is very  much appreciated, but you calling me a liar isnt.

I can fly and lift over 800 pounds with 1 arm.

It's true because I said it on the internet.  And if you call me a liar you are a terrible person.

you're an asshole! bitch! You have no fucking idea what I am going through and how fucking stressed out I am at this point and time. you telling me that i am a terrible person you are so fucking wrong you have no idea. i would go into a huge rant about how i am not a terrible person but i dont need to prove anything to you people.

Hahahahahahahah apparently you are also illiterate.
If you are reading this, you are probably on my ignore list.  Click here to return the favor

Wagella Wrote:Yay for Bigotry!!

---Andrew

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Lord Andrew
    • View Profile
Diet help???
« Reply #48 on: June 10, 2008, 06:52:17 am »
When you weighed as much as i did, it wouldn't be that hard to lose the weight, when you weigh more you lose faster, and guys burn about 26% more calories.

You still don't get it.

It doesn't matter how much you weigh (which, BTW, you only lose faster if you weigh more IFF you are exercising and even then it's like 10-15% more calories depending on how much you weigh).  If you reduce your calories by more than a specific % (and it's always 10-20ish) then your body goes into starvation mode.

In starvation mode, your body puts all of it's energy into STORING FAT.  It only burns the minimum energy needed to survive.  It sends massive signals to your brain demanding that you consume more fats and protiens and it puts you into a state of virtual shock.  You get lethargic, you put on weight, you retain water and you feel miserably hungry all the time.  And long before you would lose 50 pounds in this state, you would go to the hospital for malnutrition.
If you are reading this, you are probably on my ignore list.  Click here to return the favor

---Andrew

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Lord Andrew
    • View Profile
Diet help???
« Reply #49 on: June 10, 2008, 06:59:37 am »
i dont think over the course of about 6 months its a dramoatic loss, people on like weight watchers or whatever lose weight like this.

People on weight watchers eat specifically controlled meals, they lose a bunch of water weight due to the low sodium diets, their controlled meals are specifically targeted towards lots of green leafy vegetabls and the proper mix of protiens.  My brother and his wife did weight watchers and they ate HEALTHY foods in the proper proportions.

Remember, my initial assesment was that he was probably making stuff up.  It wasn't till he claimed he did it by living on 400 calories and RICE CAKES that I called bullshit.  You CANNOT lose weight that way.  The human body doesn't work like that.

---Andrew

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Lord Andrew
    • View Profile
Diet help???
« Reply #50 on: June 10, 2008, 07:04:53 am »
[why would i even do that?]

Because you're an attention whore?

I mean, we've got the full checklist...

Step 1: horrible looking artsy myspace pictures. Check.
Step 2: Thread claiming to be a model.  Check.
Step 3: Thread claiming to have completed some amazing feat or overcome some amazing difficulty in life.  Check.
Step 4: Respond to all criticisms with "YOU DON'T KNOW ME!  YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT I'VE BEEN THROUGH!  MY LIFE IS SO HARD!"  Check.

It's like a blueprint from being a drama queen on the internet.

Let me put it this way... if you REALLY had lost 50 pounds in 6 months, why would you possibly need help from a VC message board in losing a few more?

---Andrew

SadAsBlue

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
Diet help???
« Reply #51 on: June 10, 2008, 09:34:49 am »
Quote from: "Manda"
Quote from: "SadAsBlue"
Quote from: "_all_is_well_"
Quote from: "davidjp"
Being healthy is the most important thing. Don't skip meals and starve yourself. If the gym is too expensive, running is the best way to stay in shape, you burn a lot of calories and gain leg muscles. Eat foods that are low GI like whole-meal bread, pasta, oats and fruit so you feel fully for longer, thus reducing the amount of calories you're in-taking. Eating those foods will also result in increased energy levels, making exercise easier.

If I didnt run i'd be so fat.

I feel like that too. If I don't run for a few days I start freaking out.

My cousin runs five miles every day (Yes, seven days a week!) in the morning. She's so thin, and she doesn't eat red meat. We call her a rabbit because she just nibbles on everything when she does eat.

I definitely think you should see a doctor and ask, not some place at the mall or quiz on the internet. What you are doing now is not healthy, you are only hurting yourself.

It's okay I don't run to lose weight I run because I love it. I do get a little freaked when I don't run but I only do 2 miles on a normal day, and I run cross country during season. I'm not so much concerned about becoming overweight, to me its about being healthy. I would never want people to see me and think I was sick. My heart is in great condition and I hope to keep it that way.   :D  :D

I also run as a stress/negative energy reliever.  :D
ENS

SadAsBlue

• View Profile
Diet help???
« Reply #52 on: June 10, 2008, 09:38:33 am »
Quote from: "VanessaCarltonMania"
Quote from: "VanessaCarltonMania"

i am not overweight...i just have medium size thighs and a medium  sized butt...which i wuld like to get rid of :razz:

I know the feeling

hahaha yeah!!
and here everyone is skinnyyyyy!!!! like toothpicks!!! i guess its just their genes....but im American!!!! so i have a normal body that doesnt feel so normal when compared to other teenage girls here.....

:razz:

Yeah but I think everyone is different, you know. My new goal is to take myself for who I am stay active and healthy.
ENS

VanessaCarltonMania

• Your true colors shown
    • MSN Messenger - charmed.ashley@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Diet help???
« Reply #53 on: June 10, 2008, 10:33:07 am »
^^
Amen! :lol: :lol:
http://allpoetry.com/fallengoddess - Check out my poetry and tell me what you think! Many thanks! -

milla

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/millatraylen
Diet help???
« Reply #54 on: June 10, 2008, 11:10:13 am »

It's okay I don't run to lose weight I run because I love it. I do get a little freaked when I don't run but I only do 2 miles on a normal day, and I run cross country during season. I'm not so much concerned about becoming overweight, to me its about being healthy. I would never want people to see me and think I was sick. My heart is in great condition and I hope to keep it that way.   :D  :D

Me too, it's definitely a bonus that it keeps you in shape but it's so therapeutic! Whenever I'm stressed or upset or anything I always feel better after I run, it kind of makes me feel like I've done something about it I think...

Manda

• Speeding into the horizon
    • View Profile
Diet help???
« Reply #55 on: June 10, 2008, 01:55:21 pm »
I enjoy running, but at my own pace. Sadly, I hurt my ankle a few months ago and haven't been able to rotate it without yelling out in pain. The only thing I could do was physical therapy which my doctor recommended only if I was serious about it, or using a brace/wrap for my ankle. I chose the brace, I can walk fine and do a little running but I have to take it slow and easy. I always do cardio (walking/running) at the gym, I wish I did more of it though. It is such a great work out! I'm definitely jealous, I never was the fastest runner, but that didn't stop me from it.  :)

You know that Dirrty feeling when you wake up with no pants on face down on the floor of the city bus and you got like a condom in your ear? Thats the feeling we are trying to create! - Sarah Michelle Gellar

SadAsBlue

• View Profile
Diet help???
« Reply #56 on: June 10, 2008, 06:38:39 pm »
I fell off my treadmill last Friday when I twisted my ankle. I cut up my leg and the track burned my back a little. Hurtig an ankle can be the worst.
ENS

zurielshimon

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • AOL Instant Messenger - weetbixkid36
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/193866568
Diet help???
« Reply #57 on: June 11, 2008, 05:54:36 pm »
Right now I'm trying to find a factory job that pays well and makes me sweat a lot. That's my plan. Wish me luck!
Dustin

iluvvanessa

• Fine as dandelions
    • AOL Instant Messenger - nolitafairytale1
    • View Profile
    • deviant art profile
Diet help???
« Reply #58 on: June 11, 2008, 05:59:57 pm »
i have an interview for my first job tomorrow, i'm nervous! its for a candy store, ironic because im trying to lose weight lol.

_all_is_well_

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
Diet help???
« Reply #59 on: June 12, 2008, 11:01:32 am »
Quote from: "Manda"
Quote from: "_all_is_well_"
Quote from: "davidjp"
Being healthy is the most important thing. Don't skip meals and starve yourself. If the gym is too expensive, running is the best way to stay in shape, you burn a lot of calories and gain leg muscles. Eat foods that are low GI like whole-meal bread, pasta, oats and fruit so you feel fully for longer, thus reducing the amount of calories you're in-taking. Eating those foods will also result in increased energy levels, making exercise easier.

If I didnt run i'd be so fat.

My cousin runs five miles every day (Yes, seven days a week!) in the morning. She's so thin, and she doesn't eat red meat. We call her a rabbit because she just nibbles on everything when she does eat.

I definitely think you should see a doctor and ask, not some place at the mall or quiz on the internet. What you are doing now is not healthy, you are only hurting yourself.

I didnt mean I didnt like running, its just that i eat like a pig and calories and carbs build up if you dont burn them :)