Author Topic: Intoxication  (Read 13841 times)

Kiya

• Make me high on lullabies
    • ICQ Messenger - 54967622
    • MSN Messenger - nakiyam@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Kiyaak6
    • View Profile
    • http://preciousandfew.blogdrive.com/
Intoxication
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2005, 04:30:38 am »
ooooooooh white wine is evil! not touching that stuff again.

but yeah I hardly ever drink, only at like new years, bday parties or random get togethers.

only get shitfaced a few times a year..

emmy

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • ICQ Messenger - 62879091
    • MSN Messenger - emilyct84@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - ieatpijunz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ceruleantown.com/
Intoxication
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2005, 09:04:14 am »
Quote from: "Afterglow"
Quote from: "emmy"
i very rarely drink.  while I was in brasil I drank every once and a while, and I did get very, very drunk at one point.  I didn't remember any of it, but apparently I had my camera and had taken pictures, ha ha.

Ta vendo.. Brazil faz as pessoas serem desse tipow

It didn't make me like that, there was just opportunity... heh.

Quote from: "beevee"
After that I learned my limits. To drink in moderation, know where the TOO MUCH point is. Know the point right before you get sick

If that is the case, then I probably shouldn't drink at all... ha ha!  I have no tolerance for the stuff at all...  :razz:

katiakaysha: I MUST DO MY PEEPEES

Dancernl

• Fine as dandelions
    • AOL Instant Messenger - balletstar86
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/dancernl/Menu9.html
    • Email
Intoxication
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2005, 10:25:34 am »
For me it depends on the occasion and my mood.  For example on my 21st birthday my friends took me out and I woke up on the bathroom floor.  But, last week I went to my friend's party and didn't drink at all.  I take my school work so seriously that I RARELY go out during the semester for no reason.  Birthdays are an exception and usually I don't drink then because I end up baby-sitting for whomever is most wasted.

In my opinion Holly, drinking two to three times a week (no matter how many you have in one sitting) is a bit much.  In my job I see freshmen make very bad choices about partying time and time again.  Just be careful and know your limit, I'd hate to see it happen to you.
It is a crime to kill a neighbor, and an act of heroism to kill an enemy.  But who is an enemy and who is a neighbor is purely a matter of social definition.  - E.R. Leach

Trolan

• Administrator
  • Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
    • http://www.trolans.net/
Intoxication
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2005, 12:34:16 pm »
Another tip to not get totally schnonkered... don't mix your boozes.  If you're drinking vodka drinks, stay with vodka drinks.  You start throwing rum, whiskey, gin, etc. on top of it, and the only thing you're gonna be on top of is the Porcelain Throne making your offering and singing hallelujahs... or something which might sound like you're saying 'hallelujah' at least...

JazzyManda

• AOL Instant Messenger - JazzyTrumpet07
    • View Profile
Intoxication
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2005, 12:46:37 pm »
i've had champaign and beer. beer is just nasty. champaign is sour and bubbly.... i think i'll just wait 'till i'm 21 to try anything else

Amanda

Holly

• VCUBs
  • Speeding into the horizon
  • Twin Stars
    • View Profile
Intoxication
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2005, 04:35:33 pm »
Quote from: "Dancernl"
In my opinion Holly, drinking two to three times a week (no matter how many you have in one sitting) is a bit much.  In my job I see freshmen make very bad choices about partying time and time again.  Just be careful and know your limit, I'd hate to see it happen to you.

but like I said it's normally only 1 or 2 drinks which does absolutely nothing to me. I rarely get drunk, and it's only when I know I can afford it. Like I knew I had nothing to do saturday so I knew I could afford to get drunk friday night. I knew I'd have to do homework and clean my room today, so last night I just got buzzed. This weekend was crazy only because it was my first weekend partying in over a month... Over christmas breaks the parties suck, and i couldnt last weekend due to rushing.
"i'm willing to do anything
to calm the storm in my heart
i've never been the praying kind
but lately i've been down upon my knees
not looking for a miracle
just a reason to believe"

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Lord Andrew
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Grakthis
    • View Profile
    • http://www.grakthis.com
Intoxication
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2005, 05:53:40 am »
A thread about booze? Now this is something I can get behind.

Bourbon, neat with a little water or on the rocks.  Depending on the quality of the bourbon.  I highly recomend Woodford Reserve, Makers Mark, Four Roses and Knob Creek as good sipping bourbons.

Also, a good vodka with a twist of lime is always quality.  Rain, Stolis, Kettle One, etc.

I'll also happily drink a good scotch, but only on the rocks.  I need to cut the peat flavor or else it don't like it.

Mix any of the above with a decent cigar or pipe tobacco.  *swoons*

People who mix liquor with anything other than water are either women or poor college kids who can't afford good liquor.  No other excuse suffices.

Light beers are not good.  In fact, pilsners are not good with FEW exceptions.  While I understand why people drink them, they are the same people who order Coffee and put cream and sugar in it.

If you like light bears, try a wheat beer.  Hoegarden is EXCELLENT.  It's got a real smooth lemony finish. mmmmmm.  As a more widely available INTRO to wheat beers, try Blue Moon.  It's brewed by Coors and it gives you the idea of what the CLASS of beer has to offer.

I almost never get drunk, but I drink 2-3 times a week.  Bars are the easy place to hang out.  However, if there is a special event it's not uncommon for me to end up unable to drive.  Which is usually planned in advance for.

Like, for example, I had 2 friends get married this year.  Bachelor parties and wedding receptions are good times.
If you are reading this, you are probably on my ignore list.  Click here to return the favor

Wagella Wrote:Yay for Bigotry!!

---Andrew

Logikal X

• Fine as dandelions
    • MSN Messenger - tqhx@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - tqhx
    • View Profile
Intoxication
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2005, 07:59:16 am »
Quote from: "Grakthis"

Bourbon, neat with a little water or on the rocks.  Depending on the quality of the bourbon.  I highly recomend Woodford Reserve, Makers Mark, Four Roses and Knob Creek as good sipping bourbons.

Also, a good vodka with a twist of lime is always quality.  Rain, Stolis, Kettle One, etc.

I'll also happily drink a good scotch, but only on the rocks.  I need to cut the peat flavor or else it don't like it.

People who mix liquor with anything other than water are either women or poor college kids who can't afford good liquor.  No other excuse suffices.

Light beers are not good.  In fact, pilsners are not good with FEW exceptions.  While I understand why people drink them, they are the same people who order Coffee and put cream and sugar in it.

If you like light bears, try a wheat beer.  Hoegarden is EXCELLENT.  It's got a real smooth lemony finish. mmmmmm.  As a more widely available INTRO to wheat beers, try Blue Moon.  It's brewed by Coors and it gives you the idea of what the CLASS of beer has to offer.

I almost never get drunk, but I drink 2-3 times a week.  Bars are the easy place to hang out.  However, if there is a special event it's not uncommon for me to end up unable to drive.  Which is usually planned in advance for.

Like, for example, I had 2 friends get married this year.  Bachelor parties and wedding receptions are good times.

you made my mouth water  

(but sometimes i do mix my hard liquor, as gaif as it is)  I love daquiries and rum and cokes
Quote from: "ReSpektDaFrenziedEVanesSa"
But I have to say I love the feeling of anything going up my butt, it just drives me wild.

BWilli

• MSN Messenger - bdubprod@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
Intoxication
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2005, 09:30:51 am »
don't drink as often anymore....once in awhile...i've been really truley drunk only twice though...

i'm not a hard drinker...i just like beer, some amaretto drinks and rum drinks

Logikal X

• Fine as dandelions
    • MSN Messenger - tqhx@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - tqhx
    • View Profile
Intoxication
« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2005, 09:39:45 am »
Quote from: "BWilli"
don't drink as often anymore....once in awhile...i've been really truley drunk only twice though...

:whip:
Quote from: "ReSpektDaFrenziedEVanesSa"
But I have to say I love the feeling of anything going up my butt, it just drives me wild.

BWilli

• MSN Messenger - bdubprod@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
Intoxication
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2005, 09:51:04 am »
Quote from: "Logikal X"
Quote from: "BWilli"

:whip:

ha....it has nothing to do with that...she like's her fair share of Pina Coladas   :D

Holly

• VCUBs
  • Twin Stars
    • View Profile
Intoxication
« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2005, 11:31:25 am »

So true... haha
I'm a college student and we mix vodka with soda, lemonade, juice, pretty much anything. I don't like mixed drinks though... I'm all about shots. Vodka is what I normally get. Usually it's Smirnoff at parties (like the strawberry stuff Friday night, yum) but often they stick us with cheap stuff which is NASTY!
LOTS of light beers as well... natural light is popular because it's cheap. I hate beer though so it doesn't matter to me. The only beer I can drink, and I can only have one is corona with lime.
I also drink wine, champagne, strawberry daiquiris, margaritas, Malibu, etc when it’s around.
"i'm willing to do anything
to calm the storm in my heart
i've never been the praying kind
but lately i've been down upon my knees
not looking for a miracle
just a reason to believe"

PIBby

• MSN Messenger - ckdurbin@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - IWanted19ButGot2
    • View Profile
    • http://hometown.aol.com/sanchezhouse/
    • Email
Intoxication
« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2005, 02:38:55 pm »
Um . . .

I really don't drink that often, but when I do it's to have fun - get drunk, run up and down the street shirtless.

I do smoke though, and more often than I'd like. But who knows.

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Lord Andrew
    • View Profile
Intoxication
« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2005, 06:34:20 am »
Quote from: "Logikal X"

you made my mouth water  

(but sometimes i do mix my hard liquor, as gaif as it is)  I love daquiries and rum and cokes

Rum and Coke is acceptable only when you need the caffine, IMO.

ALso, daquiries are tasty.  But they make you look like a sissy unless you are at the beach or at the pool.

When I was in Vegas I sat and drank Margaritas by the pool for 3 hours every morning.  It was how we sobered up  :razz:
If you are reading this, you are probably on my ignore list.  Click here to return the favor

---Andrew

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Lord Andrew
    • View Profile
Intoxication
« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2005, 06:38:23 am »
Quote from: "Holly"
So true... haha
I'm a college student and we mix vodka with soda, lemonade, juice, pretty much anything. I don't like mixed drinks though... I'm all about shots. Vodka is what I normally get. Usually it's Smirnoff at parties (like the strawberry stuff Friday night, yum) but often they stick us with cheap stuff which is NASTY!
LOTS of light beers as well... natural light is popular because it's cheap. I hate beer though so it doesn't matter to me. The only beer I can drink, and I can only have one is corona with lime.
I also drink wine, champagne, strawberry daiquiris, margaritas, Malibu, etc when it’s around.

Corona is actually not bad.  I drink Corona when I'm out at the clubs.  It's something that you can drink slowly and it's a good chaser.

But beware, I realize that for a college kid Smirnoff is GOOD, but in reality, Smirnoff is the bare bottom of drinkable vodkas.  Anything lower than that is good for cleaning your bathroom and that's about it.

Most colleges are either "Beast Light" or "Natty Light" campuses.  Dayton was a Beast Light campus but Notre Dame and Xavier were both Natty Light campuses.  They all suck, but the Beast sucks slightly less ;)

If you like shots, try Yager.  Lots of girls like Yager shots.

---Andrew