Author Topic: All Things "Rabbits on the Run" Due: 06.21.11 -- Now 7.26.11?  (Read 343000 times)

nutnlp

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
Re: "Rabbits on the Run" Thread
« Reply #180 on: August 11, 2010, 12:52:46 pm »
That blurb makes it sound as if just the CHOIR was recorded at Abbey Road.  Anyone can record there.  You or I could book time there.  If I were smart, I'd do it myself before cash-strapped EMI sells it off.

VC could do worse than being on Katy Perry's label....but then again, does anyone really need a label these days?

Dan/NS

Agreed. Labels are pointless....especially when they are not going to back their artist 100 percent. Vanessa should have started up her own much like Mandy Moore did w/ her Amanda Leigh release.
..is rushing to pack his bags and take a trip to egypt like the average person does!!!

CelestialHorse

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: August 11, 2010, 01:37:53 pm »
I hope the CD comes out on time and won't keep getting pushed back like Michelle Branch's retarded record company with her supposedly CD.

Sorry just feeling a bit bitter about record companies.

Hey Michelles CD was released as a 6 song ep..i got mine in the mail yesterday. You can order it on MichelleBranch.com for 6 bucks with 3 dollar shipping ot order from Amazon/iTunes on Sept 14th..your choice. Sucks that they cut it down to 6 songs...I guess shes planning on releasing a full length album in December called Different Kind of Country.

Ooou Thanks :D Hopefully it is Dec. :D

I can't wait til Vanessa gets an album out. It will be worth the wait but I get too excited..it's like Christmas (When I was younger at least, now I am just low key about Christmas lol).

mysticalmists

• Make me high on lullabies
  • LET THE COUNTDOWN BEGIN.
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: August 12, 2010, 12:15:33 am »
VC could do worse than being on Katy Perry's label....but then again, does anyone really need a label these days?

Dan/NS
Good point - actually, can anyone explain the point of the label? Excuse my ignorance, but couldn't V just release the album herself? I'm sure she has enough funds to do it xD

Nessaholista

« Reply #183 on: August 12, 2010, 04:08:05 am »
Good point - actually, can anyone explain the point of the label? Excuse my ignorance, but couldn't V just release the album herself? I'm sure she has enough funds to do it xD

But then how could someone who lives outside of USA get her album?

LauraH

• View Profile
« Reply #184 on: August 12, 2010, 05:01:15 am »
Maybe they wouldn't...lol. Idk. Does the label really matter...?
The song may be over, but the music never ends.

Rabbits_on_the_run

• View Profile
« Reply #185 on: August 12, 2010, 06:35:31 am »
I think labels do lots of thing for the artist but the main thing is marketing. Then if you release your album independently you keep all the money but you're on your own and it must be very hard or impossible to get your songs on the radio. Since we haven't heard a Vanessa Carlton song on the radio since "White Houses" would it be that big a change?

Talking about the album being released outside the US, I think when you're on your own you won't be able to have the album in stores, fans around the world would have to buy it on the internet. Funny fact, "Harmonium" was never officially released in Europe but "Heroes & Thieves" was (and even before the US !), so The Inc. weren't that bad  :D

I'm not in the music industry, so everything could as well be wrong... lol except the the last line
« Last Edit: August 12, 2010, 06:37:31 am by Rabbits_on_the_run »

Lyris

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: August 13, 2010, 04:38:36 am »

But then how could someone who lives outside of USA get her album?
I live in the UK and the answer to your question is: order it online and have it shipped over.

But it's irrelevant anyway - I don't think Heroes and Thieves was ever released outside the US, was it?

Actually, HMV here imported "Harmonium" themselves, I could buy it from a store shelf. I doubt they'd do the same for a small independent release though.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2010, 04:41:01 am by Lyris »

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
  • And love comes back around again.
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: August 13, 2010, 04:49:38 am »
Hmm... Just to share, H&T was released here on the Philippines. I never saw one copy of Harmonium, though.

Floating on the sea, stars are watching me. Currents take me out, what will be will be.

mysticalmists

• LET THE COUNTDOWN BEGIN.
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: August 13, 2010, 04:58:15 am »
Hmmm, good points. I suppose that having a label would promote the album and singer. Well, whatever she decides to do, I hope we'll be able to access her music easily <3

BNN and H&T were both released in hard copy over here in Australia too..I'm not sure if Harmonium ever was though..never saw it on the shelves. But like Lyris said, if it's not available, I'd ship it over :D Oh the wonders of today's world xD I'm not a big fan of buying music digitally, just cause I like to have the physical copy..though it sucks that Harmonium isn't even on iTunes :(

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: August 13, 2010, 05:09:18 am »
Oh, and about BNN, I never knew whether it was released here in the Phils. I was just 7 years old when it was released, so I pretty much don't care about that stuff much...

Floating on the sea, stars are watching me. Currents take me out, what will be will be.

beatriz

• View Profile
« Reply #190 on: August 13, 2010, 12:38:34 pm »
The three albums were released here in Brazil. But now you only can find H&T, I ordered Harmonium and BnN by amazon.com, I believe I'll have to do the same with "Rabits On the Run".

LauraH

• View Profile
« Reply #191 on: August 13, 2010, 08:09:03 pm »
Hmmm, good points. I suppose that having a label would promote the album and singer. Well, whatever she decides to do, I hope we'll be able to access her music easily <3

BNN and H&T were both released in hard copy over here in Australia too..I'm not sure if Harmonium ever was though..never saw it on the shelves. But like Lyris said, if it's not available, I'd ship it over :D Oh the wonders of today's world xD I'm not a big fan of buying music digitally, just cause I like to have the physical copy..though it sucks that Harmonium isn't even on iTunes :(

I love having the physical copy! I went to the music store the other day and looked all over for Heroes and Thieves. I asked an employee if they had it and he said no and proceeded to tell me all about Napster...): If I wanted to just download the music, I would have never come in the store in the first place...

Where do you live, because Harmonium is on iTunes in the US.
The song may be over, but the music never ends.

Rabbits_on_the_run

• View Profile
« Reply #192 on: August 14, 2010, 12:46:47 am »
"Harmonium" was never released in Europe (I live in Switzerland). I was a huge Vanessa fan and was waiting impatiently for Harmonium to be released back in the summer of 2004 then in november I went to the store and didn't see the album so I kinda forgot about Vanessa (I was 15 and didn't buy stuff on the internet) and then on february of 2005 I was in a really bad place in my life, my best friend almost died and was spending months which in the hospital, etc and I found by complete chance an Harmonium copy in a CD store (apparently someone ordered it then never came back to buy it) - it was su f-ing expensive but that was the first real album that I lived, and loved cause it was a part of me...It saved my life. Hmm, kinda random, but I really hope "Rabbits" will be another life-changing album just like "Harmonium" !
« Last Edit: August 14, 2010, 12:48:55 am by Rabbits_on_the_run »

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: August 14, 2010, 05:08:08 am »
"Harmonium" was never released in Europe (I live in Switzerland). I was a huge Vanessa fan and was waiting impatiently for Harmonium to be released back in the summer of 2004 then in november I went to the store and didn't see the album so I kinda forgot about Vanessa (I was 15 and didn't buy stuff on the internet) and then on february of 2005 I was in a really bad place in my life, my best friend almost died and was spending months which in the hospital, etc and I found by complete chance an Harmonium copy in a CD store (apparently someone ordered it then never came back to buy it) - it was su f-ing expensive but that was the first real album that I lived, and loved cause it was a part of me...It saved my life. Hmm, kinda random, but I really hope "Rabbits" will be another life-changing album just like "Harmonium" !

Lucky you!

I feel that Rabbits would be like Harmonium for the fact that V has the chance to make her record her own way and her own tastes. And I wonder what it would be like without Jenkins...

Lyris

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: August 14, 2010, 05:45:37 am »
I'm not a big fan of buying music digitally, just cause I like to have the physical copy..though it sucks that Harmonium isn't even on iTunes
Me neither. IMO, you'd have to be crazy to pay top dollar (top pound?) for a "virtual" album without any cover art or anything.