Author Topic: desperately seeking answers  (Read 2938 times)

thenextvanessa

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • View Profile
desperately seeking answers
« on: June 27, 2009, 11:19:02 pm »
helllllllllllo, nessaholics!  a few of you may remember me from the old boards.  i don't know, i see some familiar names.  point being, it's been a while. 

i apologize, i've been trying to navigate these boards but i'm not as proficient as i once was on the VCMB.

i'm basically looking for a comprehensive update.  what was this new jersey show in march, with the new song that i'm listening to on youtube and in love with?  "london"?

WHERE IS VANESSA?  is she doing ANYTHING?  i miss her.  that sounds creepy.  you know what i mean.  i miss the influence that used to be so powerful in my life.
and though i've given him his empire....
.......he delivers me my fear
           the unicorns are riding high

The dreamers get punished most by the truth, they say...

Martin.

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
Re: desperately seeking answers
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2009, 11:41:48 pm »
Hi there.

She's recording a new album which she's hoping to release by the end of the year. So far she's only played two new songs: "London" and "Fair-weather Friends".

She split from The INC last year and currently doesn't have a record label. No news on how she's going to be releasing this next album.

At the minute, she's just doing one-off shows (the last being in Milford).

charmedguy18

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2009, 11:44:37 pm »
Well I've nearly given up so to speak on her at this moment in time. I mean, not in the sense that I'm not stoked about anything new she's going to put out. Just in the sense that since there's really nothing coming about, I've almost gotten bored. I love London. I actually wrote something about it because London really touched me. You can probably find it down below in the first or second page.

Basically she's done nothing as far as we know. The only thing that could be news, but could also be a bogus error, is that her site seems to be malfunctioning. Who knows why. But let's hope it's because V has something extra special in store.

There's really not much else that I can think of. Honestly, I wish there was. I think there are a few interviews.

Oh wait she did FOR SURE leave The Inc. and Irv moron Gotti. THANK GOD. Arrogant... yeah I'm not going to curse him. But I never liked him from the start. People bitched at me for saying it. But it was very true. Haha I love you ALL anyway! But yeah, she's pretty much gone indie, I think... Though you can't take my word on that. That's just what we've all surmised.

So glad you're bad with us!
Maybe this post will be a magical "make  cavin write the ToS since he wants to and the old ToS is fun, but very hard to understand...' kind of post. LOL

Anywayyy yeah. Anyone else have anything to offer? If someone wants to post links I think that would be nice of you. I'm really tired right now but can't sleep or I would do it myself. But like I said, they're posted in earlier threads. =]]
Cavinnnn!

charmedguy18

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2009, 11:44:57 pm »
Hi there.

She's recording a new album which she's hoping to release by the end of the year. So far she's only played two new songs: "London" and "Fair-weather Friends".

She split from The INC last year and currently doesn't have a record label. No news on how she's going to be releasing this next album.

At the minute, she's just doing one-off shows (the last being in Milford).
I just got BEAT! haha <3

Martin.

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2009, 04:24:09 am »
Haha, sorry! :P

thenextvanessa

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2009, 04:39:04 pm »
thank you, guys.

hi, cavin.  i remeeeember you!

my iPod recently got totally shut down and i had to reboot the whole thing.  upon doing so, i listened to harmonium for the first time in...probably a year.  and i remembered how very powerful it had been to me once, and how, even now, it can completely knock me off of my feet.  i stopped thinking too much about V after heroes and thieves - i was not a big fan of that album. 

it was kind of weird to hear songs like "put your hands on me" (which lost the "put your") and "the one" in a studio setting, after having had the live (wonderful!) versions of these songs on my iPod since i was thirteen.  i like vanessa so much better live - i feel like her music has such potential to be something so raw and beautiful, but the studio takes that out of it.  harmonium was great for the precise reason that there wasn't a lot of poppy editing.

so yeah, i, too, am in love with what i've heard of "london," even if i can only make out half of the words.  but i have this crushing fear that i'll hate an album version.

hence my desire to see her perform again...i haven't since, jesus christ, 2005.  i guess four years isn't a huge amount of time for some people, but when it's the difference between being thirteen and being nearly eighteen, it's...colossal.
and though i've given him his empire....
.......he delivers me my fear
           the unicorns are riding high

The dreamers get punished most by the truth, they say...

charmedguy18

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2009, 05:58:40 pm »
thank you, guys.

hi, cavin.  i remeeeember you!

my iPod recently got totally shut down and i had to reboot the whole thing.  upon doing so, i listened to harmonium for the first time in...probably a year.  and i remembered how very powerful it had been to me once, and how, even now, it can completely knock me off of my feet.  i stopped thinking too much about V after heroes and thieves - i was not a big fan of that album. 

it was kind of weird to hear songs like "put your hands on me" (which lost the "put your") and "the one" in a studio setting, after having had the live (wonderful!) versions of these songs on my iPod since i was thirteen.  i like vanessa so much better live - i feel like her music has such potential to be something so raw and beautiful, but the studio takes that out of it.  harmonium was great for the precise reason that there wasn't a lot of poppy editing.

so yeah, i, too, am in love with what i've heard of "london," even if i can only make out half of the words.  but i have this crushing fear that i'll hate an album version.

hence my desire to see her perform again...i haven't since, jesus christ, 2005.  i guess four years isn't a huge amount of time for some people, but when it's the difference between being thirteen and being nearly eighteen, it's...colossal.
I thought you would. I was a really big bitch back then.
Now, only when I have to be. But otherwise it's pretty useless I'd say. ahaa

nutnlp

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2009, 07:24:04 am »
gatorade has a new flavor.
..is rushing to pack his bags and take a trip to egypt like the average person does!!!