Author Topic: some GREAT news about the second single!  (Read 12312 times)

irice22

some GREAT news about the second single!
« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2007, 03:05:24 pm »
It is way harder to go platinum these days. Even double platinum. In fact, Pink should have sold way more records after having two #1 pop hits in a row.

Natalie21

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/toxichotel8
« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2007, 09:04:45 pm »
New video,New tour, me seeing her again, o so happy natalie,

PianoPlayer12

• Fine as dandelions
    • MSN Messenger - anthony_the_great_g6@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Mattia1045
    • View Profile
    • Nessfan12
« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2007, 09:10:27 pm »
ya. im glad to see there is new tour coming. i thought thiswas a bit of a short tour. :D
there is still hope she'll come to canada. :D well at least my area of Canada.lol

Lets Make This Our Story. Lets Live In The Glory. Time It Fades Away Precious As A Song. Cause Someday We'll Be Gone
www.freewebs.com/nessfan12<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

portions.for.foxes

• You aren't tryin'
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Mika+Iwakura1
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2007, 03:02:13 pm »
I still think the video for this single needs to be shot in Tibet. lol

I'd like to see some great inspiring cinematography in one of her videos for a change. :/
And it's bad news, baby it's bad news
It's just bad news, bad news, bad news
'Cause you're just damage control
For a walking corpse like me - like you,
'Cause we'll all be portions for foxes
Yeah, we'll all be portions for foxes.

Imaginary Ocean

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 15, 2007, 11:01:49 am »
Quote from: "portions.for.foxes"

I'd like to see some great inspiring cinematography in one of her videos for a change. :/

White Houses !

portions.for.foxes

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 15, 2007, 11:16:56 am »
Quote from: "Imaginary Ocean"

White Houses !

I really don't like the White Houses video, and it doesn't feature anything that I'd call amazing cinematography, the set is boring and ugly imo. :/ I find Sophie Muller to be really hit or miss with her work.

I also hate it when they do close ups of her face while she's sitting at the piano and everytime she's making a weird face because she's in the middle of singing. lol It's really unflattering.

Edit -

I'd love to see her work with the director who worked on this music video -

http://youtube.com/watch?v=4Mxiqotv8bI

Kazuaki Kiriya is a famous music video director in Japan, he worked on most of Utada Hikaru's videos. He's fluent in english as well.

The song's in Japanese, but it has amaaazing imagery. If he directed a video for Home I'd freak out. lol

PutYourHandsOnMe101

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com
« Reply #36 on: November 15, 2007, 02:21:21 pm »

I really don't like the White Houses video, and it doesn't feature anything that I'd call amazing cinematography, the set is boring and ugly imo. :/ I find Sophie Muller to be really hit or miss with her work.

Really? I loved the White Houses video and the set. To me it was dead on for the whole Harmonium aesthetic, but I like most of Sophie Mullers work.

There is some amazing imagery in the video you posted. I wouldn't mind at all if V worked with that director.  :)  

I'm really looking forward to the release of HOM. I think Francis Lawrence(directed What You Waiting For?, Goodbye To You, I'm Like A Bird), or Marc Webb (directed Dare You To Move, Helena, and Fidelity) could make a great video with her. I'm hoping for the video to be dark and haunting; I've always pictured the vid to be at night. :)
and if you don't believe me... just Put Your Hands On Me

portions.for.foxes

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 15, 2007, 02:58:49 pm »
Quote from: "PutYourHandsOnMe101"

Really? I loved the White Houses video and the set. To me it was dead on for the whole Harmonium aesthetic, but I like most of Sophie Mullers work.

There is some amazing imagery in the video you posted. I wouldn't mind at all if V worked with that director.  :)  

I'm really looking forward to the release of HOM. I think Francis Lawrence(directed What You Waiting For?, Goodbye To You, I'm Like A Bird), or Marc Webb (directed Dare You To Move, Helena, and Fidelity) could make a great video with her. I'm hoping for the video to be dark and haunting; I've always pictured the vid to be at night. :)

Marc Webb is great, he'd be an excellent choice for HOM.  :D

davidjp

• MSN Messenger - hon8888@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 15, 2007, 10:59:48 pm »

White Houses !

I also hate it when they do close ups of her face while she's sitting at the piano and everytime she's making a weird face because she's in the middle of singing. lol It's really unflattering.

Edit -

Kazuaki Kiriya is a famous music video director in Japan, he worked on most of Utada Hikaru's videos. He's fluent in english as well.

The song's in Japanese, but it has amaaazing imagery. If he directed a video for Home I'd freak out. lol

I was honestly listening to that song on my iPod 15 minutes before i clicked on that link. I didn't know you were into Jap music.

It's good to know that i'm not the only one who hated the White Houses video. With so much imagery in the lyrics, it could have turned out amazing, instead, we ended seeing her in a brown room, and the outside of the room looked very amateurish. I don't see why a lot of people are in love with the video.

This is another Jap song called Precious, by Yuna Ito. The video is simple breathtaking, don't know who directed though.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=HGAxoeaZDZs&feature=related

Alternate version
http://youtube.com/watch?v=cNmOjNnQzm0&feature=related
It is not in the stars to hold our destiny but in ourselves.

ste_uel

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 15, 2007, 11:21:23 pm »
Quote from: "davidjp"
I don't see why a lot of people are in love with the video.

Because she worked her ass off!  :twisted:

Ghisy

• VCUBs
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • V-Unit!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Ghis+V
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 16, 2007, 02:12:36 am »
This is another Jap song called Precious, by Yuna Ito. The video is simple breathtaking, don't know who directed though.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=HGAxoeaZDZs&feature=related

Alternate version
http://youtube.com/watch?v=cNmOjNnQzm0&feature=related

Ohh I really like Yuna Ito's music!! She has a pretty amazing voice! <3
But I have nothing against the NF music video.  :wink:
Ghisy
The Original French NESSAholic

portions.for.foxes

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 16, 2007, 02:29:53 pm »

White Houses !

Edit -

I was honestly listening to that song on my iPod 15 minutes before i clicked on that link. I didn't know you were into Jap music.

It's good to know that i'm not the only one who hated the White Houses video. With so much imagery in the lyrics, it could have turned out amazing, instead, we ended seeing her in a brown room, and the outside of the room looked very amateurish. I don't see why a lot of people are in love with the video.

I love Japanese music! Well... namely Utada, she's my favorite artist. lol She's working on another English language album, which is awesome. So she'll be hitting Western air waves again in the future. :D

swansonben

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 17, 2007, 03:52:58 am »
cool. cant wait to see the video

Butz

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 17, 2007, 05:19:23 am »
I read on Pulse, that the song is going for adds in February?! Are they nuts?! The song should get send to radio next month for real!

heyheyitsaiste

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 17, 2007, 09:19:17 am »
Ahh, I agree about the White Houses video. That song is so great and I was extremely excited for the video. It was a bit of a let down.

I can't wait to see what this video's gonna look like.

Oh and question. In the Nolita Fairytale video, when the red piano was smashed or whatever, that didn't really happen right? I mean she wouldn't ruin that piano? I hope it was like a "stunt double".   :o tehehe.