Author Topic: what do you think about Love...  (Read 20402 times)

Moogs21

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
Re: so...
« Reply #45 on: June 30, 2003, 09:56:39 pm »
Quote from: "MeechNess"
get to know him better! What's stopping you?

Oh, and btw, "smilers never lose and frowners, they never win" Jason Mraz....

the fact that hes going off to college

x Jennifer x

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • MSN Messenger - Jenniferx20@msn.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - iiijennifer
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocites.com/xsorealx/Jesus.html
what do you think about Love...
« Reply #46 on: June 30, 2003, 10:31:58 pm »
Then it could be lost love..silly goose..lol it doen't matter if he is going to college or not..you could meet people in the strangest way..i know i have  and i am really shy when it comes to guy..i usually get speechless or nervous but i dont let that stop me from pushing the button (which is why i now have a date for the 4th of july yay..lol) besides that, i think you should make your move before its too late..i mean wouldnt you rather know what would happen then not knowing at all? Go for it girly! :lol: although i know you may seem scare to get to know him b/c hes going off to college and you may start to like him more etc etc blah blah...when it comes to love nothing should come in the way..not even distance..even if you guys were meant to be friends...do somehting rather then just talk about it all the time and "wonder" :wink:

jessica73

• You aren't tryin'
    • MSN Messenger - cloud_strife_73@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - bluedragonrider1
    • View Profile
    • http://www.livejournal.com/users/dragonknight337/
« Reply #47 on: July 01, 2003, 07:04:18 am »
Quote from: "Xennifr"
Anyway...

that is so totally awesome.
thats the response for everything.
Starbuck is mai waifu

rosieposy87

• VCUBs
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Prat Twin #2
    • MSN Messenger - rosie_posy87@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - rosieposy87
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 01, 2003, 08:49:14 am »
Andrew: How can you live your life like that? Always expecting the worst? It would make me so depressed, do you never get excited about anything? "strive for the best and expect the worst"- so basically you work your arse off and then expect for it all to go wrong. Maybe you are much happier when things do work out, but i really don't believe in living life in that way.

And love: how could it not exist? if it is simply a chemical reaction then what makes people move thousands of miles to be with each other? Why is it so extreme? Why do people feel such strong emotions when they first see someone? Even if it has been proven, you can choose not to believe it and that is what i'm choosing!!

and unrequited love SUUUUUUUUUUUCks, i think there should be a ermmm law passed against it. lol
"I'm all about the wordplay."

Logikal X

• Fine as dandelions
    • MSN Messenger - tqhx@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - tqhx
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 01, 2003, 09:32:26 am »
Quote from: "rosieposy87"

And love: how could it not exist? if it is simply a chemical reaction then what makes people move thousands of miles to be with each other?

Im wondering what makes that happen to Rosie, if you find out tell me i need to make someone move :mrgreen:
Quote from: "ReSpektDaFrenziedEVanesSa"
But I have to say I love the feeling of anything going up my butt, it just drives me wild.

x Jennifer x

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 01, 2003, 11:49:55 am »
Quote from: "ihaveacrushondivasteph"
Quote from: "Xennifr"
Anyway...

that is so totally awesome.
thats the response for everything.

hahahahahahahaha...ya silly..lol

jessica73

• You aren't tryin'
    • MSN Messenger - cloud_strife_73@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - bluedragonrider1
    • View Profile
    • http://www.livejournal.com/users/dragonknight337/
« Reply #51 on: July 01, 2003, 12:01:28 pm »

And love: how could it not exist? if it is simply a chemical reaction then what makes people move thousands of miles to be with each other?

erm, a deluded state of mind? lol, guess im deluded myself. :)

Quote from: "Logikal X"

Im wondering what makes that happen to Rosie, if you find out tell me i need to make someone move :mrgreen:

lmao, pete, why don't you just say it? we all know who you are talking about!  :razz:
Starbuck is mai waifu

Logikal X

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 01, 2003, 12:24:53 pm »

lmao, pete, why don't you just say it? we all know who you are talking about!  :razz:

You have NO idea who im talking about :mrgreen:
But I have to say I love the feeling of anything going up my butt, it just drives me wild.

x Jennifer x

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 01, 2003, 12:29:33 pm »

*coughcoughbraggercough*lol

Logikal X

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 01, 2003, 12:31:52 pm »
Quote from: "x Jennifer x"

*coughcoughbraggercough*lol

im not bragging, how the heck would she know who i like?  Unless of course you told her since you seem to notice EVERYTHING i do.

x Jennifer x

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 01, 2003, 12:44:33 pm »
oh pete hello to you too..you're such a cutie when you're angry..lol i love when you're that way

anyway i didnt tell her anything.. maybe she had a premonition..people get those things sometimes... :wink:

of course you're not bragging everytime i see you post something its about how happy you are about it..which i think is so amazingly sweet lol..i am really happy for you honestly so i am not going to make a fuss about it with you again..it would make no sense now would it?..i didnt think so.. :mrgreen:

yay..i knew i would get you to talk to me again in some way..i'm good like that i guess *shrugs*

P.S.I noticed everything about everybody silly goose...don't flatter yourself.. :razz:
have a nice day...bye

Logikal X

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 01, 2003, 12:51:09 pm »
oh pete hello to you too..you're such a cutie when you're angry..lol i love when you're that way

anyway i didnt tell her anything.. maybe she had a premonition..people get those things sometimes... :wink:

of course you're not bragging everytime i see you post something its about how happy you are about it..which i think is so amazingly sweet lol..i am really happy for you honestly so i am not going to make a fuss about it with you again..it would make no sense now would it?..i didnt think so.. :mrgreen:

yay..i knew i would get you to talk to me again in some way..i'm good like that i guess *shrugs*

P.S.I noticed everything about everybody silly goose...don't flatter yourself.. :razz:
have a nice day...bye

run run run ya mouth, you should enter that thing in a marathon, peace

x Jennifer x

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 01, 2003, 12:57:15 pm »
yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeah..and running it for a long time has got me so far.....

seeya

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Lord Andrew
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Grakthis
    • View Profile
    • http://www.grakthis.com
« Reply #58 on: July 01, 2003, 12:58:18 pm »
Andrew: How can you live your life like that? Always expecting the worst? It would make me so depressed, do you never get excited about anything? "strive for the best and expect the worst"- so basically you work your arse off and then expect for it all to go wrong. Maybe you are much happier when things do work out, but i really don't believe in living life in that way.

Rosie, its hard to explain in such a short space,  but yeah, basically you got it right.  While I always HOPE for the best, I always expect the worst.  Because, more often than not, things never work out exactly the way we hope.  So I play the odds.  

The way I see it, there is nothing more heartbreaking than dissapointment.  When you get your hopes up and expect something wonderful and it just doesn't happen.  That is a HORRIBLE feeling.

You say you can't live life expecting the worst, I say I can't live life with constant dissapointment.  I'd spend my whole life disspointed in mankind, disspointed in coworkers, dissapointed in movies, CD's, sports teams etc.  I hate that feeling.

You say that it would make you depressed, but really, it's just the opposite.  I am one of the LEAST moody or depressed people you will ever meet.  Because I never have to overcome dissapointment.  I've just lowered my standards of what makes me happy.  So little things make me happy now.  It doesn't take the world to make me smile, it just takes something small.

Think about it.  If you expect a new car for christmas, and you get a pair of skates, you're gonna be bummed out.  If you expect a lump of coal and you get a pair of skates, you're gonna be tickled.  So all you have to do, is not be bummed out about expecting that lump of coal.  Which is just a matter of lowering your expectations.

And love: how could it not exist? if it is simply a chemical reaction then what makes people move thousands of miles to be with each other? Why is it so extreme? Why do people feel such strong emotions when they first see someone? Even if it has been proven, you can choose not to believe it and that is what i'm choosing!!

and unrequited love SUUUUUUUUUUUCks, i think there should be a ermmm law passed against it. lol

unrequited love.  Ah.  such a Romantic (with a cap. R) concept.  Ironically enough, that's my favorite era of literature.

The fact that love is a strong emotion doesn't prove its existance.  Lust can make people move thousands of miles to be with someone else too.  Anger can make people do some nutty things, but its not a magical force either.  It's just a strong emotion.

it IS possible to believe in love as a magical force... but if you do, then you are a very superstitious person.  Which is ok.  It's just something you should acknowlege about yourself.
---Andre
If you are reading this, you are probably on my ignore list.  Click here to return the favor

Wagella Wrote:Yay for Bigotry!!

---Andrew

Moogs21

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 02, 2003, 08:31:24 pm »
Then it could be lost love..silly goose..lol it doen't matter if he is going to college or not..you could meet people in the strangest way..i know i have  and i am really shy when it comes to guy..i usually get speechless or nervous but i dont let that stop me from pushing the button (which is why i now have a date for the 4th of july yay..lol) besides that, i think you should make your move before its too late..i mean wouldnt you rather know what would happen then not knowing at all? Go for it girly! :lol: although i know you may seem scare to get to know him b/c hes going off to college and you may start to like him more etc etc blah blah...when it comes to love nothing should come in the way..not even distance..even if you guys were meant to be friends...do somehting rather then just talk about it all the time and "wonder" :wink:

and it comes back to love. i dont think of it as love..but i still dont know what my definition is of love (reason of making this thread)

i dont want to get hurt, my parents would never aprove of me dating someone so much older, and the biggest reason, i scare him, and the biggest reason---if he thinks of me as anything, i'm sure its as a (strange) friend

BUT my plan (as of now) is to wait untill he goes to college, i'll continue to email him, slip in something about me having a crush on him

that way if he feels the same way, we could do something when he comes back for homecoming

and if he doesnt, then it wont be horrible, i wont have to face him that much