Poll

Should college students be allowed to keep pets on campus?

yes
7 (41.2%)
no
6 (35.3%)
just small animals like rodents
4 (23.5%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Voting closed: July 04, 2007, 06:05:55 am

Author Topic: pet friendly colleges  (Read 5402 times)

tylor2000

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
pet friendly colleges
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2007, 01:44:40 am »
Quote from: "Jessica"
Quote from: "tylor2000"
For instance, at one time I had found, by word of mouth, a two bedroom apartment for $450, where two couples lived, me and my girlfriend and her friend and boyfriend.  That's $112.50 a month for rent!  Enough for lots of beer and parties.  Extreme example but still.  We were very low drama, which is the only way.....for sure.

$450 for a 2 bedroom apt?! where the hell do you live?!  $450 wont even be close to cover half the rent in a ghetto place over here. damn.

Well that was in Reno, NV.  It was still way below market.  Like I said you have to look around.  Knowing people helps too.  If a lot of people like you then when people need roommates or see a cheap place they will tell you about it.

For instance, Someone will be looking for a roommate and needs to find one fast.  So your friend knows you and he/she also know the person who is needing a roommate.

That person thinks or knows you are a decent person, and the person looking for a roommate wants someone decent.  They've been there for years, as they are a senior now, and the person who they found the place from was a senior when they were a freshmen.   The lease is the same one from 8 years ago and it just kind of gets handed down so the person moving in has the same exact terms and rent as it was 8 years ago.  The Landlord is really cool, because he knows his place is occupied by decent people who might have a party once in a while but aren't going to thrash the place.  Besides, he went to college...maybe even that one you are going to.  So college students need a break and the mortgage is paid off so no big deal.  

Something like that.

davidjp

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • MSN Messenger - hon8888@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
pet friendly colleges
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2007, 03:32:58 am »
If anyone has had cats or dogs, they would know how much fur they shed. That ain't good for people with allegies, plus it sticks to clothes and leaves the room very dirty. However i don't see the harm in having small pets if they are taken care of properly.
It is not in the stars to hold our destiny but in ourselves.