Author Topic: albums & singles  (Read 1874 times)

conclusio

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • ICQ Messenger - 226897152
    • MSN Messenger - d.warwel@gmx.de
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myblog.de/lilienkind
    • Email
albums & singles
« on: August 21, 2006, 02:04:32 pm »
hey you!

i'm from germany and at least my teacher says my english is very bad, so please don't kill me if make mistakes. i hope you'll understand me anyway. at first: sometimes i get the feeling that i'm the only vanessa-fan here in europe, especially in germany. but wait... at least my friends know and often love her too (;
i love this site because vanessa's official homepage is rather uncompleted and uninformative (no lyrics-section, no discographie-section..). but here you get details and the hottest news.. and nessaholics! i think vanessa has to be proud of you/us. and i hope that she'll make an europe-tour because if she'll ever make a step on this continent i will be there!

but i zone out. i'd like to know if anybody has the original-cds of (from? i mix it up everytime..) vanessa? a few months ago i pay 35€ (which is at least 40$ i think) for all of her singles. and i have to wait four months for my exemplar of harmonium. and one thing i can tell you: it is very hard to get "pretty baby" and "white houses" here.. there was only the japanese import of white houses available. and unfortunately it is not an enhanced cd, so there is no video of white houses on it (but was there ever a single-version with the video? if not i'm not so sad *g*).

i know many people who say "i love [insert any musician here] soooo much!" but they'll never buy their cds. i'm glad to say that i have all of them (but i've heard there are private radio and who's to say in indonesia and taiwan? are they buyable anywhere? ;D). is here anybody who was willing to buy her singles or at least the albums?

and i find it kind of sad that there are no b-sides on the singles or at least on the versions that i have. on "a thousand miles", "ordinary day" and "pretty baby" are only live-versions of a thousand miles, ordinary day and twilight. and the videos. but there is the so much better single-verion of pretty baby! i love it! it's the one from the video. and on the a thousand miles single there is the wanted "ripe-mix". does anybody know it? it sounds sooo good. i'm sad that this is not the album-version although i miss the piano a bit. and on white houses there is a VERY good live version of c'est la vie (with the piano! it  sounds so much better.) and papa, which has a different piano-play as the version on the album.

ah.. and i bought the songbooks too. anyone else? (i mostly play harmonium but i constantly get angry because the notes are NOT the one that vanessa plays on harmonium! especially "annie", one of my favourites.. it's a shame).

and... about harmonium... does anyone notice that pharell williams (!) sings the background vocals of who's to say? everybody who have the original-album: read the booklet! then you should also see, that there are MANY mistakes. the font-type is changing in the middle of the lyrics of a song (i think white houses or who's to say) and there are many typing-mistakes.. mainly spacebar mistakes like that "bla,bla bla" or "bla , bla bla". i know that this are minor mistakes but i get kind of angry as i found out because it seems as if the booklet was inattentively produced. and harmonium is my favourite cd...

so, that's it. i'd only like to know if there is any other maniac out there, like me. (another example: i have a huge harmonium-poster hanging over my bed. i took the cd-cover and enlarge it. i think it is 150x90 cm or so.. i don't know but very big. and.. it's an unique! there are no big and pretty posters from vanessa buyable.. but now i framed and love it (; )

ps: don't hit me because of my mistakes (i know, the tenses.. uuuhh.. i'll never understand) and because i babble so much. i only think that we should at least support her when we buy her originals... and i'm glad to speak to other nessaholics and that i got the courage to register and post here.

dans la nuit parfois, le nez à la fenétre
j'attendais et je sombre
jetez au vent mes tristes cendres, voilà
[/b][/size][/CENTER]

bluebutterfly

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/jesster22
albums & singles
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2006, 05:29:38 pm »
welcome to the boards. you've got great english, i don't know what your teacher was on about!  :)

saphire

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
albums & singles
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2006, 04:20:02 am »
i did understand you too.I' d die for a concert in germany but at least i belive it will remain a dream. no matter. Yes we realized that pharrell sang on WTS and we realized too some mistakes in the booklet.
In the end there are existing some singles with B-Sides on it. Swindler and Red Ditty are the B-Sides which jump into my Mind right now. I believe they have been on a the ODor on a ATM Single.
The unicorns are riding high
Powerful in coats of white
I turn to look and burn my eyes
I carry on, I carry on