Other Topics > Completely Off-Topic

mature conversation

(1/5) > >>

musicfan7079:
Have you or someone you known suffered from mental illness.

I have been recovering from atypical bipolar/anger/aspergers for 2 and a half years, I have almost no ill effects from it, thanks to abilify, and attitude adjustment. I um, am old, 30, so I had to grow up sometime.

still suffer from ocd sometimes and anxiety a little bit, buts meds, and recovery international for nervous and anxious people help

hope y'all dont mind a heavy subject, but I feel mental illness is still too stigmatized.

what do you think?

sarab:
I think it is very stigmatized as well.  I have never been diagnosed with anything, but I often get very depressed, but maybe it's just sever PMS hehe.  There is this great book I read has a good chapter on schizophrenia Myths to Live by by Joseph Campbell.  I find mental illness very fascinating.  I thought I wanted to work in that field (I am an RN) but I realized I just like learning about it, not working with it.

sayyouwould:
Abilify works great! That and prozac made me oooh so chipper! <3 too bad they don't have a generic!

Emmyspiano:

--- Quote from: sayyouwould on June 20, 2011, 06:00:10 pm ---Abilify works great! That and prozac made me oooh so chipper! <3 too bad they don't have a generic!

--- End quote ---

I take fluoxetine which is the generic of prozac! Make me so much happier!

sayyouwould:

--- Quote from: Emmyspiano on June 20, 2011, 06:48:10 pm ---
--- Quote from: sayyouwould on June 20, 2011, 06:00:10 pm ---Abilify works great! That and prozac made me oooh so chipper! <3 too bad they don't have a generic!

--- End quote ---

I take fluoxetine which is the generic of prozac! Make me so much happier!

--- End quote ---

I used to take that! I loved it! I used to say,"Wow! if everyone was on these the world would be a lot nicer!" lol

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version