Author Topic: FLAC: Harmonium Japan bonus track release & other albums  (Read 6710 times)

charmedguy18

FLAC: Harmonium Japan bonus track release & other albums
« on: September 03, 2009, 10:30:52 am »
First I'll start by asking: does anyone have the Japanese Harmonium bonus track release? Like, I mean the actual physical disk? Also, if there are any other Vanessa CDs that you have the actual physical disk to (other than the American release of Harmonium, BNN & H&T)?

If you do have it, then my next question is this: do you know what a FLAC file is? If so, will you contact me so you can rip & send the FLAC files to me?

If you don't know what FLAC is, then please still contact me if you have these disks. I can tell you how to rip them and I will be eternally grateful for the amazing favor!!

my AIM is CavinQG and my other contact details are on my profile here. I don't use Yahoo! anymore as there are spam bots that will not leave me alone.

I also will be your best friend ever if you take the time to do this! :)

charmedguy18

Re: FLAC: Harmonium Japan bonus track release & other albums
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2009, 02:47:58 pm »
Bump.
Anyone?

jeremybfr

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2009, 03:25:15 pm »
I have Where the Streets Have No Name in mp3 @ 320kbps. It's was directly ripped by me from the Japanese CD (that I have not anymore). It has a pretty decent quality. This is not from a P2P source where the mp3 is re-re-re-re encoded at 128kbps :D Here my mediafire folder:
http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=cd39bb0c13be531c75a4fc82078ae6c879706c50c930dbb2c95965eaa7bc68bc

Nonetheless, I saw on the Internet the whole Japanese Harmonium album in FLAC. But I remember it was a single flac file (more or less 300Mb). You have to cut the tracks yourself. I think i can have it for tomorrow. I keep you in touch ;)
« Last Edit: November 02, 2009, 05:20:31 pm by Jérémy »

jeremybfr

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2009, 04:33:51 am »
Good news, check your private messages ;)

charmedguy18

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2009, 06:14:48 pm »
I looked at the spectrals and it appears the FLAC you sent is, in fact, a transcode (encoded from a lossy encoder to a lossless encoder, which still means it's lossy but in a bigger file). :\

jeremybfr

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2009, 09:49:56 pm »
Oh too bad. Indeed, eMule sucks :D One day, if you find it, keep this topic up to date, i'm interested too :)
« Last Edit: November 08, 2009, 09:52:29 pm by Jérémy »

Cristale

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2010, 04:07:34 am »
Thanks for posting/sharing, I was looking for an HQ version of "Where The Streets Have No Name"  :D

Pushglow

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2010, 06:26:52 am »
I just received my Japanese Harmonium CD and I ripped the track Where the Streets Have No Name. Here is the link ;)
http://tinyurl.com/y9fuyot (47.29 MB - No Rick Roll'd, I swear ;D)

The zip file contains 3 files:
- Vanessa Carlton - 11 - Where the Streets Have No Name.flac (Compression Level 8 - "lossless")
- Vanessa Carlton - 11 - Where the Streets Have No Name.mp3 (Quality VBR -V0 ; "extreme")
- And this nice picture which were in the CD with the White Houses video clip

« Last Edit: February 26, 2010, 06:30:53 am by Jérémy »

charmedguy18

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2010, 03:16:45 pm »
Jérémy: Thanks so much! I appreciate it. I have another request for you if you can manage it. If not, I'd understand. Please contact me via facebook. http://facebook.com/cavin

Edit: Jérémy is now my best friend ever.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2010, 09:13:09 am by charmedguy18 »