Author Topic: Could use some cheering up...  (Read 2594 times)

Gina

• Speeding into the horizon
    • View Profile
Could use some cheering up...
« on: June 08, 2003, 05:31:37 pm »
Well... today i spent 7 1/2 hours in the hospital with my grandpa. We had to take him to the emergency room again (we took him last tuesday).  Hes unfortunately never going to get better, and theyre going to keep him in the nursing home just til they can get things somewhat under control then hes going to the nursing home :-( we've always wanted to keep him from having to go there but unfortunately we have to.  im soo upset about it since my grandpa is probably the most important person in my life..... its so hard to see him this way:-(
Gina
.She'd do anything to sparkle in his eye.

Zebrakorn

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2003, 05:52:28 pm »
Oh Gina I'm so sorry to hear that. I went through exactly the same thing and I know it really sucks =/

*tight hugs*

Just try be strong for him and make sure you visit him lots even if it's hard. You may really regret it if you don't spend time with him now.

I'll be thinking of ya weirdo

*more hugs*

Holly

• VCUBs
  • Twin Stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2003, 06:21:57 pm »
omg, i'm so sorry!! i know how hard that is, ive had a couple similiar expiriences over the last couple years. my grandma was diagnosed with cancer and i remember the day i heard that she wasnt going to get better, it was seriously horrible, i didnt stop crying for the longest time. and my friend had been battling cancer for 2 years when they said there was nothing they could do but just send her home, she died on her 17th birthday. and now i'm expiriencing kinda the same thing with my brother... i know how hard it is... knowing someone is never going to get better is horrible, cause you want them to, but there is nothing you can really do. but you cant really concentrate on that, just be glad he's still with you and make the most of it! its the only thing you can do!
if you ever need to talk... i'm here! i dont really know you, but i'll be praying for you and your family.
**Hugs**

oh and one more thing, always say i love you and give hugs! one time when i was visiting my grandma i was leaving and i wanted to give her a hug, but she was eating and i had my hands full so i just thought "i'll give her one next time" and left. that would of been my last chance to and i regret passing it up, even a year later i still do! so just make every moment count with him!
"i'm willing to do anything
to calm the storm in my heart
i've never been the praying kind
but lately i've been down upon my knees
not looking for a miracle
just a reason to believe"

Gina

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2003, 06:26:20 pm »
thank u guys so much.... i appreciate it verrry much! i plan on visiting him every second i can, so no worries about that- i dont have a problem being there alll the time, just want to be there as much as i can.  Its so hard that my grandpa is pretty nonresponsive and out of it.  He has alzheimers, parkinsons and cancer... so his mind isnt there pretty much. but neways- thanks for the support n stuff
Gina

rosieposy87

• VCUBs
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Prat Twin #2
    • MSN Messenger - rosie_posy87@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - rosieposy87
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2003, 10:48:02 am »
Gina i'm so sorry. A very similar thing happened to me: it hurts so much i know. My thoughts are with you, although things may seem so hard right now time will heal it. Take care.
"I'm all about the wordplay."

LimeTwister

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2003, 10:56:50 am »
i am always a click away gina...remember that. (pm and i/m)

Gina

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2003, 11:24:24 am »
thanks rosie and joeyyyy! ur the best... its so nice to know that i have u guys to talk to.   just for the update... the took my grandpa out of the hospital this afternoon and hes in the nursing home :(  which im not really thrilled about but... i guess thats how it has to be.
Gina

Tia

• MSN Messenger - littlemisscheekylives@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • http://www.graphic-interlude.com
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2003, 01:16:55 pm »
hey gina, i'm sorry to hear that things are so bad for you and your family right now. there's not really anything i can say that everyone else hasn't...

i don't really know you but i am here if you ever wanna talk about it, or just be friends.

much love
- Tia
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.

Dancernl

• Fine as dandelions
    • AOL Instant Messenger - balletstar86
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/dancernl/Menu9.html
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2003, 01:51:32 pm »
stay strong Gina, we're here for you and we all love you!
It is a crime to kill a neighbor, and an act of heroism to kill an enemy.  But who is an enemy and who is a neighbor is purely a matter of social definition.  - E.R. Leach

Gina

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2003, 02:01:59 pm »
god u guys are greaaaaat... thanks tia and nikki! im off the visit him right now, but just so u know im here for all of u too if u ever need to talk:-)
Gina