Author Topic: President Reagan 1911-2004  (Read 5356 times)

Vultch

• Moderators
  • Speeding into the horizon
  • Trading Yesterday
    • AOL Instant Messenger - BVulture
    • View Profile
    • http://www.theageof.info
    • Email
President Reagan 1911-2004
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2004, 07:06:52 pm »
I just got done watching the sunset funeral.
It was very powerful.

JazzyManda

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • AOL Instant Messenger - JazzyTrumpet07
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2004, 07:15:49 pm »
yeah, i got teary eyed. i would have thought the first lady would have had that part of the funeral private. it sounded distracting with all the cameras going off. you'd think the media could have brought digital cameras.  :?

Amanda

sayyouwould

• MSN Messenger - xsayyouwouldx@msn.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - sayyouwould
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2004, 08:11:16 pm »
Quote from: "JazzyManda"
yeah, i got teary eyed. i would have thought the first lady would have had that part of the funeral private. it sounded distracting with all the cameras going off. you'd think the media could have brought digital cameras.  :?

Amanda

I would have thought that the media would have a little more respect and not bring cameras. Who really wants memories of going to a funeral?

It was so sad when Nancy went up to the casket, with the flag, and put her head on it. If you didn't get a little sad there isn't any humanity in your body.
I rely on my illusions to keep me warm at night

LimeTwister

« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2004, 08:36:29 pm »
Quote from: "sayyouwould"

Amanda

I would have thought that the media would have a little more respect and not bring cameras. Who really wants memories of going to a funeral?

It was so sad when Nancy went up to the casket, with the flag, and put her head on it. If you didn't get a little sad there isn't any humanity in your body.

It was all planned out years in advance...the cameras were probably wanted long before the death.  It was done that way because he was, indeed, a president...Everything is done for a simplistic reason.  Lack of respect was not an issue, money and rememberance was.

I don't see why everyone is so who-ha about the media covering it--you watched it on t.v., didn't you?

It's all planned for the publics' attention and done in a way that brings as much emotion forth as possible.  There are many reasons for bringing out the publics' emotions.  Believe it or not, they're not concerned with how "private" it should be.

PIBby

• MSN Messenger - ckdurbin@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - IWanted19ButGot2
    • View Profile
    • http://hometown.aol.com/sanchezhouse/
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2004, 10:07:57 pm »
:D

eclv

• Moderators
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Let aka NESSAholic
    • MSN Messenger - Let+B24@aol.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Let+B24
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2004, 01:53:23 am »
I have been so interested all week. I was up at the crack of dawn and saw the National Cathedral service. I am so lame I even listened to the Simi Valley Funeral on the radio on my way to Sacramento...  Just the way the dude was describing it had me in tears on the interstate. Especially when he said he's in his dress whites, and drops to one knee to present Mrs. Reagan with the folded flag.  :cry:

I too felt it was kinda private and was not sure it should be televised (you could always hear all the clicking and you couldn't help but watch and say oh that shot will be on the cover) but I guess for me it's like a reality show, you don't want to watch but you just have to.

Yeah she had 10 years to be ready for it but I am talking about how I am so emo and just to see all the pageantry, support, pride, hear all the songs, etc. moves me to tears that I didn't know how she was doing it.

sayyouwould

• MSN Messenger - xsayyouwouldx@msn.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - sayyouwould
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2004, 03:56:37 am »
Quote from: "LimeTwister"
Quote from: "sayyouwould"

Amanda

It was all planned out years in advance...the cameras were probably wanted long before the death.  It was done that way because he was, indeed, a president...Everything is done for a simplistic reason.  Lack of respect was not an issue, money and rememberance was.

I don't see why everyone is so who-ha about the media covering it--you watched it on t.v., didn't you?

It's all planned for the publics' attention and done in a way that brings as much emotion forth as possible.  There are many reasons for bringing out the publics' emotions.  Believe it or not, they're not concerned with how "private" it should be.

Well, I guess in a sense there was no way for it to be un-televised,BUT pictures? I don't know, I just thought that was the rudest thing. And I was thinking the same thing as Let was thinking...that shot is going to be on the cover of something and I just don't think that is right. It was a silent moment and all you hear is cameras taking pictures...it just bothered me. And I understand that's how it was to be, but I just don't agree with it. Just like Princess Di's dead photo's being in magazines...Do you really want to remember going to a funeral? Even if it is like a historal thing...
I rely on my illusions to keep me warm at night

Alecs

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2004, 06:43:05 am »
Quote from: "eclv"
I have been so interested all week. I was up at the crack of dawn and saw the National Cathedral service. I am so lame I even listened to the Simi Valley Funeral on the radio on my way to Sacramento...  Just the way the dude was describing it had me in tears on the interstate. Especially when he said he's in his dress whites, and drops to one knee to present Mrs. Reagan with the folded flag.  :cry:

I too felt it was kinda private and was not sure it should be televised (you could always hear all the clicking and you couldn't help but watch and say oh that shot will be on the cover) but I guess for me it's like a reality show, you don't want to watch but you just have to.

Yeah she had 10 years to be ready for it but I am talking about how I am so emo and just to see all the pageantry, support, pride, hear all the songs, etc. moves me to tears that I didn't know how she was doing it.

Amen sister. I agree with you totally...
"The crows seemed to be calling his name thought Caw..."