Author Topic: To these people who think they know about homework...  (Read 7806 times)

Holly

• VCUBs
  • Speeding into the horizon
  • Twin Stars
    • View Profile
To these people who think they know about homework...
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2003, 03:28:59 pm »
wow... masters and phd seem really complicated!
i dont know if i want to go that far tho... i think i'm just going to get 2 bachelors degrees. or one bachelor and one minor... i'll see. i dont think i need to go that high to be sucessful in what i need to do.
what i want is 3 degrees (business, music managment business/music industry, and communications)... lol, but that doesnt seem possible to me!

i'm soooo happy! my homework load is going to be so light this week! cause half of my senior class is leaving for karios (a type of retreat) tomorrow (i'm going in spring)! so my teachers arent allowed to give us homework. so the half of us who arent going on retreat get to do community service on wed and thurs and then get friday through monday off! i need this break to do college stuff!!! lol. and work on long term projects in school. but the bad part is i have to write 20 letters to my friends who are going on the retreat... so that takes work too!
"i'm willing to do anything
to calm the storm in my heart
i've never been the praying kind
but lately i've been down upon my knees
not looking for a miracle
just a reason to believe"

LimeTwister

« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2003, 05:23:25 pm »
miss trixie!! how do you get it all done??? I would die...

I think i am only gonna get my bachelors...in what I have NO clue...

B

• Captain Awesome
  • Moderators
  • Just looking for some affection
  • Transcending the Possimpible
    • View Profile
    • Nh.com Twitter Page!
« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2003, 05:51:34 pm »
Quote from: "tricia"
The way we work things in good ole California at good ole CSUS:

1) 3 hours of homework/outside classwork for every UNIT you take.

I believe that is how it is at UWM too. They expect you to do like 9-12 hours per week outside of class, PER CLASS.

That said, between all 16 of my credits (most of which are 300 level or above) and me being a lazy ass I usually end up doing things the night before they are due / night before the exam  :twisted:. I really need to quit that, I haven't been burned yet ::knocks on wood::, but it is still a bad habit to get into.

But yes, it is hard to find time to study for school, attend classes, work, and sleep. That is why I am always  zzZZzzz and  :microwave: about things having to do with school.

As for the stuff about grad school, in psychology we write up these lab reports and that, and our TA was telling us how in one of her reports just the introduction section (which is usually 5-10 pages for us at this stage) was 47 pages and was almost 60 until they made her cut it down lol.
For all you broken hearted lovers lost, go find another one. 'Cause you know time won't wait and you'll be late, white rabbits on the run...

rosieposy87

• VCUBs
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Prat Twin #2
    • MSN Messenger - rosie_posy87@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - rosieposy87
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 04, 2003, 07:55:16 am »
Is it true that to really be legitimate you have to take 2 degrees there? That is what i have heard anyway, i've heard that american degrees aren't really counted as legitimate over here. *runs and hides*
"I'm all about the wordplay."

tricia

• Moderators
  • Trust me, I'm a doctor.
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #34 on: November 04, 2003, 08:19:30 am »
I've never heard such a thing.

I know that according to me there are a LOT of worthless degrees people get here.  I won't name names since I don't want to be offensive, but some of us have to work A LOT harder for our degrees.
I think you underestimate the level of my sneakiness

Dancernl

• Fine as dandelions
    • AOL Instant Messenger - balletstar86
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/dancernl/Menu9.html
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: November 04, 2003, 08:25:02 am »
College sucks.  I'm going through this thing called planning my future, and I reeeeally don't like it.  My undergrad degree is in anthropology, a dicipline that I love and I'm good at.  But I'm also very involved in student life and student development, which I also love (and i think i'm a pretty hot RA).  So I am torn between going on for a masters in anthropology with no money and limited jobs, or getting a masters in Higher education administration, which is NOT being a principal like everyone thinks, but being able to go into the field of student development or student life at colleges and universities.  That's where there's lots of oppertunity and the big bucks.

It's hard trying to figure out what you wanna do.  Any advice out there?
It is a crime to kill a neighbor, and an act of heroism to kill an enemy.  But who is an enemy and who is a neighbor is purely a matter of social definition.  - E.R. Leach

Katia's Lover

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GSUCarltonFan
    • View Profile
    • http://www.southern-connection.com
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: November 04, 2003, 08:32:14 am »
Quote from: "rosieposy87"
Is it true that to really be legitimate you have to take 2 degrees there? That is what i have heard anyway, i've heard that american degrees aren't really counted as legitimate over here. *runs and hides*

Never heard such a thing.

That's simply the English "We think we're better than America" attitude.
katiakaysha: you win
katiakaysha: you're right

I'm on a mission to piss the world off.  Is it your turn yet?!

http://losersareentertaining.blogspot.com/

rosieposy87

• VCUBs
  • Prat Twin #2
    • MSN Messenger - rosie_posy87@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - rosieposy87
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 04, 2003, 08:34:52 am »

I know that according to me there are a LOT of worthless degrees people get here.  I won't name names since I don't want to be offensive, but some of us have to work A LOT harder for our degrees.

Someone we know who went to a university in North Carolina said it was ridiculously easy (sorry Limey!) and the level of GCSE examinations here (i took those this year!!) or maybe at the hardest A-levels (the ones we take at 18 ). Maybe NC just has a rubbish university?American education here certainly isn't regarded as good as ours- but thats probably just us being snobby.
"I'm all about the wordplay."

jessica73

• You aren't tryin'
    • MSN Messenger - cloud_strife_73@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - bluedragonrider1
    • View Profile
    • http://www.livejournal.com/users/dragonknight337/
« Reply #38 on: November 04, 2003, 11:40:48 am »
Quote from: "GSUCarltonFan"
Get used to it.

I'm with Tricia... at Georgia Southern, we're told that for every one hour of class, expect three hours of homework.

Really? They must be getting more strict there. Everyone I know that went there was always talking about how much GSU was a party school and the more serious schools were Tech and UGA.

Homework sucks. I always skipped out on it in my high school classes, or did it in the breaks between classes. :D But I had college leverl chem last year, and it was such a mistake to blow it off... x_x
Starbuck is mai waifu

Katia's Lover

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GSUCarltonFan
    • View Profile
    • http://www.southern-connection.com
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: November 04, 2003, 12:24:47 pm »
Quote from: "jessica73"
Quote from: "GSUCarltonFan"
Get used to it.

I'm with Tricia... at Georgia Southern, we're told that for every one hour of class, expect three hours of homework.

Really? They must be getting more strict there. Everyone I know that went there was always talking about how much GSU was a party school and the more serious schools were Tech and UGA.

I said that's what we're told to do.  We don't actually do it.

Yes, Georgia Southern is the best party school in the state.  Yes, if you want to have fun, you come to Statesboro.

But college is what you make it.  If you came to Georgia Southern with the mindset of getting good grades and learning--you can do that here.  In fact, in MANY departments (business, education, Kineseology) we are BETTER than any school in the state.  

If you come to Georgia Southern to party, it'll be a party school.  If you come to learn, it'll be a great academic institution.
katiakaysha: you win
katiakaysha: you're right

I'm on a mission to piss the world off.  Is it your turn yet?!

http://losersareentertaining.blogspot.com/

LimeTwister

« Reply #40 on: November 04, 2003, 01:23:16 pm »
Quote from: "rosieposy87"

Someone we know who went to a university in North Carolina said it was ridiculously easy (sorry Limey!) and the level of GCSE examinations here (i took those this year!!) or maybe at the hardest A-levels (the ones we take at 18 ). Maybe NC just has a rubbish university?American education here certainly isn't regarded as good as ours- but thats probably just us being snobby.

No sorry Limey lol there are tons of school in NC so which one is the key factor....but we do have some of the best schools (at least for the medical field) in the country...

PIBby

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • MSN Messenger - ckdurbin@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - IWanted19ButGot2
    • View Profile
    • http://hometown.aol.com/sanchezhouse/
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: November 04, 2003, 01:34:12 pm »
WELL

Kentucky is the 2nd most illiterate state in the country! What now, bitch?

BOOYAH!

LimeTwister

« Reply #42 on: November 04, 2003, 01:35:04 pm »
Quote from: "PIBby"
WELL

Kentucky is the 2nd most illiterate state in the country! What now, bitch?

BOOYAH!

um okay...lol some people wouldn't brag but feel free!

PIBby

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • MSN Messenger - ckdurbin@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - IWanted19ButGot2
    • View Profile
    • http://hometown.aol.com/sanchezhouse/
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: November 04, 2003, 01:36:12 pm »
Oh Oh Oh, yeah - That's it. Just cover up your jealousy.