Author Topic: Michelle McManus  (Read 10395 times)

Scotty

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • MSN Messenger - c_slaughter14@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - pianoguy1588
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - nessaholic88@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
Michelle McManus
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2004, 09:46:03 am »
Quote from: "rosieposy87"
You know, if she had the most amazing voice ever then fair play, i'd say she was good- but she ISNT. And "oooh isn't it great the pop mould has been broken" it has been before- just look at a lot of the 'Divas"-Aretha Franklin wasn't exactly thin, nor was Chaka Khan or umm Barry White (lol). Its not a case of her breaking the mould, and even then thats not good enough justification for letting her be a popstar- teenage girls voted for her because then they felt better about their weight, and so did tons of middle aged women for the same reason, oh along with the WHOLE of Scotland voting. That gives you a winner, but she won't last- and you know it.

None of the above ppl come into any category with Michelle and never made their way into the music industry the same way as Michelle plus it's not just 'the people' that made her win she got through the auditions just like everybody else didnt she?

Unoriginal Dum-Dums

rosieposy87

• VCUBs
  • Prat Twin #2
    • MSN Messenger - rosie_posy87@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - rosieposy87
    • View Profile
Michelle McManus
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2004, 09:51:10 am »
Quote from: "Scotty"
You know, if she had the most amazing voice ever then fair play, i'd say she was good- but she ISNT. And "oooh isn't it great the pop mould has been broken" it has been before- just look at a lot of the 'Divas"-Aretha Franklin wasn't exactly thin, nor was Chaka Khan or umm Barry White (lol). Its not a case of her breaking the mould, and even then thats not good enough justification for letting her be a popstar- teenage girls voted for her because then they felt better about their weight, and so did tons of middle aged women for the same reason, oh along with the WHOLE of Scotland voting. That gives you a winner, but she won't last- and you know it.

None of the above ppl come into any category with Michelle and never made their way into the music industry the same way as Michelle plus it's not just 'the people' that made her win she got through the auditions just like everybody else didnt she?

Do you know why they're not in the same musical catergory? Because they're musical legends and Michelle will dissapear after a year. And of course they didn't make it into music like Michelle did- they made it the REAL way- without huge amounts of publicity and hype just for Simon Fuller to make another few million quid. The music industry isn't as easy as auditioning, people voting and suddenly you win- but Pop Idol is, and thats why it produces rubbish artists.

I don't doubt that she can sing, thats not my point, she's just not outstanding (or anywhere near.)
"I'm all about the wordplay."

Scotty

• MSN Messenger - c_slaughter14@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - pianoguy1588
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - nessaholic88@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
Michelle McManus
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2004, 10:01:27 am »

Do you know why they're not in the same musical catergory? Because they're musical legends and Michelle will dissapear after a year. And of course they didn't make it into music like Michelle did- they made it the REAL way- without huge amounts of publicity and hype just for Simon Fuller to make another few million quid. The music industry isn't as easy as auditioning, people voting and suddenly you win- but Pop Idol is, and thats why it produces rubbish artists.

I don't doubt that she can sing, thats not my point, she's just not outstanding (or anywhere near.)

I didn't ask 'why they're not in the same musical catergory' I was just saying that Aretha Franklin or Barry White aint pop and u said the pop mould had been broken before. :?

Unoriginal Dum-Dums

Tia

• Speeding into the horizon
    • MSN Messenger - littlemisscheekylives@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • http://www.graphic-interlude.com
    • Email
Michelle McManus
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2004, 10:22:55 am »
Quote from: "kev222"
Quote from: "Tia"
Already a thread...

http://forum.nessaholics.com/viewtopic.php?t=4647&highlight=michelle+mcmanus

=)

Hmmm. The perfect chance for me to try out the merge thread feature. Gimme a sec.

Edit: It worked. Thanks for doing my job Tia :)

Can I have your job? :-P
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.

kev222

• VCUBs
  • zero vector
    • AOL Instant Messenger - k3v222
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kev.nu/vc
    • Email
Michelle McManus
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2004, 11:27:13 am »

Yeah sure, my password is "dsfddw2". Just send me your's and we'll swap 8-)

-Kev

rosieposy87

• VCUBs
  • Prat Twin #2
    • View Profile
Michelle McManus
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2004, 11:36:37 am »

I didn't ask 'why they're not in the same musical catergory' I was just saying that Aretha Franklin or Barry White aint pop and u said the pop mould had been broken before. :?

People don't always have to ask questions for people to give answers- just because you didn't ask for me to explain WHY doesn't mean you don't need an answer.  And I count pop as 'popular' music , pop music was the not the same music then as it is now.

Tia

• View Profile
    • Email
Michelle McManus
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2004, 03:27:25 am »

Yeah sure, my password is "dsfddw2". Just send me your's and we'll swap 8-)

-Kev

Are you sure about that? Coz I tried it and it didn't work! :razz:

kev222

• VCUBs
  • zero vector
    • View Profile
    • Email
Michelle McManus
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2004, 03:53:20 am »

*gasp* she tried to break into a moderator account.

Ban, ban, ban! :-P

-Kev

Tia

• View Profile
    • Email
Michelle McManus
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2004, 04:22:39 am »

-Kev

LOL!

You thought I'd just let it pass me by...? :-P

rosieposy87

• VCUBs
  • Prat Twin #2
    • View Profile
Michelle McManus
« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2004, 10:50:39 am »

-Kev

Scum, You are the kind of guy who would like fake medieval jousting.

Tia

• View Profile
    • Email
Michelle McManus
« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2004, 10:54:58 am »

-Kev

:roflmao:

kev222

• VCUBs
  • zero vector
    • View Profile
    • Email
Michelle McManus
« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2004, 11:43:31 am »

Hmmm perhaps. I have seen "A Knights Tale" and awful lot of times. It does seem like good fun. Those medieval types couldn't control poverty, fires or disease, but they certainly had it right with sports.

-Kev

Tia

• View Profile
    • Email
Michelle McManus
« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2004, 12:09:35 pm »