Author Topic: The Kevin Cooper case  (Read 1990 times)

Laura

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • View Profile
The Kevin Cooper case
« on: January 28, 2004, 10:21:29 pm »
Do anyof you know about this case? My English teacher was telling us about it in class yesterday, that the guy murdered this whole family while they were sleeping in their homes with like an Ax and pratically stalked them before he did it, it happened in 1983 and only the young boy survived. My teachers husband knows the young boy that survived-too weird...

"On the night of June 4, 1983, three members of the Ryen family and a houseguest were murdered in San Bernadino County. Kevin Cooper, an African-American man, now faces an execution date of February 10th, 2004. Kevin could be executed despite the fact that the case against him is full of holes."
(from the "save kevin cooper" site.)

My teacher told us that even celebrities are getting involved like denzel washington. And he happens to be my favorite actor.. I don't think that's right. Celebs should just not get involved in my opinion.

LimeTwister

The Kevin Cooper case
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2004, 06:26:08 am »
Okay I got really confused.  So I looked it up.  Is this what you're talking about?
http://www.savekevincooper.org/unanswered.html

(granted the information from that site could be a little biased)

rosieposy87

• VCUBs
  • Prat Twin #2
    • MSN Messenger - rosie_posy87@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - rosieposy87
    • View Profile
The Kevin Cooper case
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2004, 06:51:14 am »
Someone who went to my last school killed all of his family but his brother in a similar way. He's actually crazy but he got life anyway. I hate capital punishment. How did killing someone solve anything?
"I'm all about the wordplay."

Laura

• View Profile
The Kevin Cooper case
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2004, 05:53:22 pm »
That's the case Joey. Sorry, it was late when I was typing that up.

But WTF is "Save Kevin Cooper" all about? I'm strongly against the death penalty too, but if they killed almost a whole family for something stupid and stalked them/hid in their closets (I think that's what my teacher said) then I think he deserves it for killing those innocent people.

btw denzel washington is my favorite actor.. I can't believe he is involved, at least that's what my teacher said.

Laura

• View Profile
The Kevin Cooper case
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2004, 06:53:19 pm »
The Governor of California Arnold S. apparently isn't doing anything to help his case, which is good, which means he will get the death penalty February 10th? I may have heard it wrong on the news.. maybe somebody can clear that up and tell me if I worded that correctly.