Yes, I just can't help to
7 (43.8%)
No, I try to get to know them first
2 (12.5%)
Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't
7 (43.8%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Voting closed: March 18, 2004, 10:21:02 pm

Author Topic: Do you pre-judge people?  (Read 4714 times)

Laura

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • View Profile
Do you pre-judge people?
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2004, 02:47:45 pm »
I totally agree with what Holly just said. A lot of the Drama people are in a way popular, & even other popular kids in my other classes I tended to judge them, but all of these people I thought were gonna be like all mean & stuff ended up being probably the nicest people I know at school!

Yeah, when I edited my post.. talking how people pre-judged my Drama teacher a lot, now I FINALLY after forever get why they think that about her! I cried after that class today, lol.. isn't it ironic how I just wrote that last night, & today I come out crying because of her? (It was partly cuz me & my group weren't prepared, mostly me tho but that is not the whole thing) And my teacher & this kid got into an argument/misunderstanding before class & how ironic he mentioned what he did cuz we are doing judging/discrimination skits..

Crazy stuff!

xxjenniferxx

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/xsorealx/Jesus.html
Do you pre-judge people?
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2004, 03:46:44 pm »
it depends..but noone should judge anyone

Holly

• VCUBs
  • Speeding into the horizon
  • Twin Stars
    • View Profile
Do you pre-judge people?
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2004, 03:59:42 pm »
There was this girl at school who I pre-judged. She was one of the popular, pretty girls who got all the guys and just seemed a bit stuck up cause she closed herself off from most people. I thought about her this way for three years. But then I learned something about her that made me see her differently. Actually, it's something that I can really relate too. She was going through family problems cause her addict brother was abusing her family (like my bro is). Ever since we learned that about eachother we kind of had a quiet understanding of eachother. I was the only one who knew about her problem (even her best friends didnt) and she wanted it to stay that way. Then more recently we really had a chance to talk to eachother. We realized that her and I can relate to eachother on SO many things that other people don't understand. I said I admired her strength because she hides it SO well. She looked at me shocked and was like "What are you talking about?! I've always admired you and actually you're my strength right now to try to fix my relationship with my brother." (I still have an OK relationship with mine, but she had closed her's off). We even started crying. I was closer with her at that point than I have been with 90% of the friends I have. We're not best friends now, but I truly care for her and have SO much respect for her, and I know she has the same for me. I just think it's kinda interesting how I once didnt like this girl on the sole fact I decided to pre-judge her, and if I hadnt decided to get to know her better, I would still not have anyone I could relate to so perfectly. She has helped me so much now! I consider her one of the few people who has truly touched my life and made a mark.
So yeah... that's my lesson on pre-judging! Just be open to everyone... I know sometimes their's a fear of a truly mean person hurting you (god knows i've fallen into that trap) but i've found that it does more good than bad.
(wow, i wrote A LOT huh? haha)
"i'm willing to do anything
to calm the storm in my heart
i've never been the praying kind
but lately i've been down upon my knees
not looking for a miracle
just a reason to believe"

Manda

• Speeding into the horizon
    • View Profile
Do you pre-judge people?
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2004, 06:02:59 pm »
I judge people, I used to think my best friend Autumn was just one of those annoying loud white girls (no offense...to anyone!) at my church, they act ditzy and are really loud and fake. But when I met her on a retreat, she was just so wonderful and has made a big impact on my life and a lot of other things, I do this with a lot of people, but I do try and get to know them, and most of the team, the outcome is very beneficial.

Manda

You know that Dirrty feeling when you wake up with no pants on face down on the floor of the city bus and you got like a condom in your ear? Thats the feeling we are trying to create! - Sarah Michelle Gellar

skyestar

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • AOL Instant Messenger - lintitinwe
    • View Profile
Do you pre-judge people?
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2004, 12:17:59 am »
i judge people .. but it's easily changed. but its not like i act any differently towards people