Author Topic: Insomniac's come hither!  (Read 3211 times)

Manda

• Speeding into the horizon
    • View Profile
Insomniac's come hither!
« on: May 29, 2003, 05:12:16 pm »
how do you cope? I can't sleep at all anymore!!! I am soooo tired, but never moody. I am acutally funnier than ever..but I need sleep and my parents refuse to give me medication....(tylenol pm, unisom, rx...etc.) what to do what to do?
Amanda

You know that Dirrty feeling when you wake up with no pants on face down on the floor of the city bus and you got like a condom in your ear? Thats the feeling we are trying to create! - Sarah Michelle Gellar

Jamielee

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Heavenly6star6
    • View Profile
    • Email
Insomniac's come hither!
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2003, 05:36:44 pm »
I don't fix it. I just stay on the internet all night! Then my eyes start to burn so I go to bed. Then I just lay there.........I never thought about medication. I should though. Just laying there can cause to much thinking.

Zebrakorn

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
Re: Insomniac's come hither!
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2003, 05:38:28 pm »
Quote from: "Amanda-Panda"
how do you cope? I can't sleep at all anymore!!! I am soooo tired, but never moody. I am acutally funnier than ever..but I need sleep and my parents refuse to give me medication....(tylenol pm, unisom, rx...etc.) what to do what to do?
Amanda

I know that one of the herbal remedies for such things is something called valerium root (I think that's how it's spelt). You can get valerium root tea and stuff .. or just buy some and chew on it. I'm not sure to be honest, but it's supposed to really calm you down and help you sleep and it's a natural herbal remedy.. not medication or anything.

Worth looking into anyway.

Lavender is a great way to relax as well .. you can even get lavender scented pillows that have special stuff inside them to help you sleep.

I can't imagine what that must be like.. I love my sleep with a passion! So I hope you manage to sort it out.

-- Matt

topher8467

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • ICQ Messenger - 330591060
    • AOL Instant Messenger - narruc67
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - Author0804
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/author0804
    • Email
Amy
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2003, 10:08:46 am »
I've never had insomnia, but I've had times I had trouble falling asleep.

Wait, ok never mind that (I'm still half asleep, I think).

Two suggestions for you Amy:

Humorous: If you walk around half asleep for 16 hours a day, it's the same as getting 8 full hours.

Serious: You may be tired, when your body absolutely needs sleep, it will allow you to sleep. Don't worry, it'll happen.

Chris
Ti Amo Michelle!

Zebrakorn

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
Re: Amy
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2003, 11:23:45 am »
Quote from: "topher8467"
Serious: You may be tired, when your body absolutely needs sleep, it will allow you to sleep. Don't worry, it'll happen.

Surely the whole concept behind insomnia is that you can't sleep even when you need to.. which is why true insomniacs can end up with serious problems, like hallucinations and all kinds of stress related illnesses.

Vultch

• Moderators
  • Speeding into the horizon
  • Trading Yesterday
    • AOL Instant Messenger - BVulture
    • View Profile
    • http://www.theageof.info
    • Email
Insomniac's come hither!
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2003, 12:54:42 am »
zzZZzzz
who needs sleep anyway?

Insomnia can be fun :crazyeyes:

topher8467

• ICQ Messenger - 330591060
    • AOL Instant Messenger - narruc67
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - Author0804
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/author0804
    • Email
Actually,
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2003, 01:40:17 pm »
The concept behind insomnia is that you can't sleep when you think you're supposed to and when you think you need it.

Sure, you may be tired, but when sleep is vital to the body's systems, you will get it.

btw, there's no need to copy what I posted. I'm not one of those people who goes back in and edits the meaning. Once I decide to post something, I post it.
Ti Amo Michelle!

freshlettuce

• AOL Instant Messenger - essaychic
    • View Profile
Re: Amy
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2003, 01:46:49 pm »
Quote from: "Zebrakorn"

Surely the whole concept behind insomnia is that you can't sleep even when you need to.. which is why true insomniacs can end up with serious problems, like hallucinations and all kinds of stress related illnesses.

And they age prematurely!

Zebrakorn

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
Re: Actually,
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2003, 04:39:51 pm »
Quote from: "topher8467"
The concept behind insomnia is that you can't sleep when you think you're supposed to and when you think you need it.

Sure, you may be tired, but when sleep is vital to the body's systems, you will get it.

btw, there's no need to copy what I posted. I'm not one of those people who goes back in and edits the meaning. Once I decide to post something, I post it.

That wasn't why I quoted you. Was just pointing out what you said, that's all.

Surely if Insomniacs sleep when the body needs it, then it wouldn't be a problem..

Alecs

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
"Is there an up-late can't sleep thread yet?"
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2004, 09:38:36 pm »
If so, I'm so sorry but I'm having that problem right now. Everyone I know is snoozin' and Conan just went off and I'm up alone!   :cry:
"The crows seemed to be calling his name thought Caw..."

Will

• Moderators
  • Fine as dandelions
  • Advanced anti-spam registrations filter
    • View Profile
Insomniac's come hither!
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2004, 10:10:16 pm »
The major reason why insomnia sucks so much is if you need to get up in the morning. When you finally do go to sleep, it's time to go to school or work.
"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most." -Ozzy Osborne

Alecs

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
Insomniac's come hither!
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2004, 10:15:37 pm »
Quote from: "m125 Boy"
The major reason why insomnia sucks so much is if you need to get up in the morning. When you finally do go to sleep, it's time to go to school or work.

exactly!!! thanks to who-ever moved my thread!  :)
"The crows seemed to be calling his name thought Caw..."

vt

• You aren't tryin'
    • AOL Instant Messenger - vt92490
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - vahram924
    • View Profile
Insomniac's come hither!
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2004, 01:51:25 am »
Well I think I'm definitely having sleep problems.  It's 2:46 AM my time and I'm online. LoL.  It's been like this for the past 6 months almost.  I think I need medication or some "herbal treatment". LoL.  I just stay up and watch TV.  But when I do sleep, around 4, I sleep all the way till 12 noon.  So I still get my 8 hours.  Even if I lie down a 12 AM, I still toss and turn all the way to 4 so I might as well stay up watching MTV. LoL