Author Topic: I am dumb and posting my english paper...  (Read 1521 times)

LimeTwister

I am dumb and posting my english paper...
« on: May 16, 2004, 06:36:01 pm »
because I love it, but I am pretty sure I will get like a C on it.  I am Brutus...yup.

Et tu, Brutè?

In an instant, I was faced with a grave decision that could leave a lasting stain of pain and regret.  Caius Cassius, my brother-in-law, has come to me regarding the assassination of one of my dearest friends, the honorable Julius Caesar, to help prevent a dictatorship in Rome. Ultimately, this action could help me demonstrate love and pride for my country, and also help me become the next leader of the Roman republic.  Unfortunately, this would mean stabbing my own friend in the back.  My appreciation, dignity, and respect for Caesar have all played a role in my choosing to refuse Cassius and the conspirators’, a group of senators, plot to murder the beloved Caesar.

Initially, my appreciation for Caesar is a reason for me to not want to kill him.  Caesar, now in his mid-fifties, has made many progressions for Rome in his life.  An example of this is when he recently defeated Pompey and ended a civil war.  He is a great judge of character, and knows who is for and who is against him.   He is powerful and wise.  My friend, Caesar, understands what life holds, and knows the lessons to be learned.  Obviously, he has presented character and knowledge through the years.  Caesar’s life should not be cut short because of a possible dictatorship.

Also, my dignity would prevent me from killing him.  Personally, the thought of degrading my best friend is horrifying. Undoubtedly, Caesar should not be the king of Rome, but murder is an unacceptable compromise.  The best route, in any event, would be to discuss the matter of my opinion privately to Caesar. By making me a high-ranking officer, Caesar has bestowed enormous trust in me.  Clearly, Caesar senses my loyalty in him and for the state, and would at least listen to my argument in a civilized, decent manner.

Finally, my immense amount of respect I hold for him would not allow me to follow through with the conspirators’ plan.  Caesar, a noble leader in both war and politics, has demonstrated both distinction and honor concerning Roman affairs.    Obviously, he has taught lessons such as loyalty and pride for one’s country and home.  Like stated earlier, Caesar has made many progressions for Rome.  I feel that this alone should keep him from being murdered.  

In the end, my appreciation, dignity, and respect for a friend all prevent me from stabbing Caesar in the back.  Evidently, Caesar, a human like myself, should not be murdered because of an uncertain assumption. My knife will not be in hand when the conspirators go to kill him.  Caesar’s last words will not be “Et tu, Brutè”.

vt

• You aren't tryin'
    • AOL Instant Messenger - vt92490
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - vahram924
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2004, 09:00:35 pm »
LoL I like it!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:  :lol:

LimeTwister

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2004, 11:04:24 am »
I got an 84/C+ on it...Comma errors.

B

• Captain Awesome
  • Moderators
  • Just looking for some affection
  • Transcending the Possimpible
    • View Profile
    • Nh.com Twitter Page!
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2004, 11:21:15 am »
Quote from: "LimeTwister"
I got an 84/C+ on it...Comma errors.

I don't see too many comma errors. There were only one or two I spotted. Most of your uses are valid by grammatical standards ...

Sorry, we just spent like 4 weeks on commas in my grammar class so I was seeing what I could remember  :wink:
For all you broken hearted lovers lost, go find another one. 'Cause you know time won't wait and you'll be late, white rabbits on the run...

LimeTwister

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2004, 11:26:53 am »
He marked out 5 commas and did say that 2 of them could possibly be counted as correct...

he marks out other stuff, but he never puts that stuff down by the grade so I don't know if he counts off for that...

*edit* but I also think it's some kind of mental thing, because I swearrrr I had the crappiest paper 2 weeks ago and got a 94...and on this paper I was like all happy and got an 84...

PIBby

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • MSN Messenger - ckdurbin@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - IWanted19ButGot2
    • View Profile
    • http://hometown.aol.com/sanchezhouse/
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2004, 11:56:22 am »
Et tu, Brute! :D I love it.

We had to do reports on careers back in March, and I never turned mine in, so Rachael got an A on it and gave me hers and all I had to do was put my name on it. I got a B-. Biased . . . ?  :idea: (still my favourite face)