Author Topic: Not exactly sure what this is  (Read 1712 times)

Pirouette

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • View Profile
Not exactly sure what this is
« on: June 29, 2004, 06:26:35 am »
I needed to write down a 'thing' that addressed my feelings about ballet. Well, I didn't do that. I started writing about my teachers and my self conciousness and wanting honest critiques instead of well whatever they were giving me-it turned into this..

Ballet
Please don’t look at me. Don’t touch me. Don’t say hurting words to me. Don’t sting me with your scorn, I do that enough myself already. I don’t need your help. You only re-inforce my own hate. Don’t tell me my dreams are foolish, or that they are dying. Don’t say my hope is in vain. Don’t laugh in the face of my earnestness. I don’t wanna play that game. I hate it when you look at me. Feeling naked and exposed. I don’t like to be looked at, it makes me wonder about your thoughts. I like compliments, but I doubt their sincerity. I fear conceit and vanity yet crave attention. I am in opposition to myself. I understand everything but get nothing. My armor isn’t well working, my emotions are barely guarded, my pain is bottled up just barely beneath the surface. Don’t touch me, don’t look at me, don’t praise me. Praise gives me hope and joy- that the next day will be dashed. Throwing me into a sprial of anguish.
Don’t hate me don’t scorn me. Don’t speak to me, don’t ignore me. Just be honest. Please.

Oddly that had everything and nothing to do with ballet! :P

My boring blog
http://www.themundanelife.blogspot.com

"I lose my way, searching for stage lights..."

Tia

• Speeding into the horizon
    • MSN Messenger - littlemisscheekylives@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • http://www.graphic-interlude.com
    • Email
Not exactly sure what this is
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2004, 07:43:22 am »
It's great for a beginner! But maybe you should try arranging it into lines, like a poem, or something? Just an idea :)
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.

Jameson

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • AOL Instant Messenger - hollyoccala
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2004, 09:00:20 am »
I really felt the emotion in that. And could empathise with your situation. Very hearfelt and sincere. Well done.

You dont need to put it into poem form. It has more inpact like that!
Quote from: Nicole
My breasts are so big... I never see my feet

"i Pity the fool..."