Author Topic: 11/12/2004: Soiled Dove - Denver, CO (review)  (Read 4595 times)

PaintedBlack

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • View Profile
11/12/2004: Soiled Dove - Denver, CO (review)
« on: November 13, 2004, 09:16:15 pm »
[discussion]

So I went to the show Friday night, and yes, she was great! It was my first Vanessa show and I was blown away. It was really terrible though because I got there at 9:00, and my friend forgot her ID, so we had to drive all the way back home to get it. Fortunately Vannessa Carlton wasn't performing until 10:45, so we had time. When we came back, they didn't even check our IDs!! We drove all that way back home for nothing, I was kind of pissed. Eventually we walk in though, and there's NO place to sit, so we had to stand the whole time. I didn't mind though because it was for Vanessa, and she put on a hell of a performance!

After the show was over, I left, but waited outside because I wanted Vanessa's autograph. She came out the back side of the club, in this cute little pink pea-coat. She blended in real well, no one even noticed her, but I did. So I went and caught her and asked her for an autograph. She barely acknowledged me, and didn't seem like she was going to do it. I was the only one following her, it's not like she was being chased by fans or anything. So before she got on her tour bus, she signed my Harmonium CD Cover. I don't want to complain, because I should be grateful that I had the opportunity to meet her and get an autograph, but it was a really crappy signature if I must say. I'm still kind of upset about it, because it just looks like a little squiggle mark. I always thought that Vanessa Carlton appreciated her "Nessaholics?" Can anyone give me an explanation why she would have done this? I went home really sad and dissappointed because of this. I remember purchasing these tickets the day they went on sale and Vanessa acted like she couldnt give me the time of day for a simple, solid, autograph? Perhaps she was in a hurry or something, I don't know, but still... I was the only one there, asking for an autograph, she could have made time and been a little more courteous. Does anyone agree or disagree with me?

kaysha

• Administrator
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • ICQ Messenger - 996740
    • AOL Instant Messenger - katiakaysha
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chickey.org
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2004, 09:21:35 pm »
Well, let's see... i have a few questions...

Did they do the M&G at the Denver show?
Was Mark with her (the roadie) or was she by herself?
Have you *seen* what her signature is like?  It is almost ALWAYS a squiggley and with a random "Peace" every now and then.
Can you scan it and post it here?
Did she respond with Hi or anything?  Did you ask her any questions or tell her it was a great show?  Did you let her know you were a nessaholic?
I <3 Nicole

We want the unicorns to live! - Vanessa Carlton

Laura

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2004, 05:38:12 pm »
Okay after reading that I'm honestly scared to ask Vanessa for her autograph, lol. I actually just wanted a simple pic. with her but umm yea, I'd like to know what katia asked you.

PaintedBlack

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2004, 01:22:24 am »
Ok I feel like such a dumbass now, lol... I browsed online, and that's how Vanessa signs her autograph.... so that explains that part. And how I said she was in a hurry, and seemed like she wasn't going to give me the time of day, well I have been doing some research, by taking a look at her itinerary, and she is a very busy girl! She had a show to do the next night in AZ, then some more on the weekend in CA, then she has the tonight show with Leno coming up, so I totally understand now.

When I approached her, she was with this huge bald guy, with a goat-tee... I'm assuming her bodyguard. And then she was also accompanied by this smaller woman with dark hair. Kind of mousey looking if you ask me. Maybe her assistant or something? Anyway, I just went and asked her "Hey Vanessa can I have an autograph?" And that's when it seemed like she wasn't even going to do it because she was so close to getting on her bus without being recognized. Fortunately she did stop, so I hurried and pulled out my Harmonium cover, along with my silver sharpie so she could sign. She handed it back to me, and I said "Thank you so much!" I sounded like such a dork, lol. She kind of giggled and said "You're welcome." OMG I'm going to have that in my head 4ever, the way she said it, lol...

So yeah, I feel like a jerk now. I will scan the autograph though guys, and post it up. Its so cool because the Harmonium cover is all dark and black ya know, and the signature is in silver ink! Very awesome...

Kasatania

• View Profile
    • Email
Vanessa Carlton at the soiled dove.
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2004, 10:10:23 pm »
The show was great i must say. The oepning acts were okay except for this duo who called theselves "The TRampolines". I loved the stories she had to tell before each song too. the only thing i regret is bringing a date to the concert... whiny little woman. she cost me a chance to meet vanessa and get an autograph.

merged with existing review thread -katia

kaysha

• Administrator
    • ICQ Messenger - 996740
    • AOL Instant Messenger - katiakaysha
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chickey.org
    • Email
Re: Vanessa Carlton at the soiled dove.
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2004, 10:12:45 pm »
Quote from: "Kasatania"
The show was great i must say. The oepning acts were okay except for this duo who called theselves "The TRampolines". I loved the stories she had to tell before each song too. the only thing i regret is bringing a date to the concert... whiny little woman. she cost me a chance to meet vanessa and get an autograph.
oh bummer, sorry to hear that. ( about not getting to meet Vanessa )

Do you know the set list or if they allowed cameras at this show?

What did you think of the low millions?

-katia
I <3 Nicole

We want the unicorns to live! - Vanessa Carlton

Kasatania

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Vanessa Carlton at the soiled dove.
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2004, 09:37:58 pm »
Quote from: "kaysha"
Quote from: "Kasatania"
oh bummer, sorry to hear that. ( about not getting to meet Vanessa )

Do you know the set list or if they allowed cameras at this show?

What did you think of the low millions?

-katia

the low millions were very good. they reminded me of "The Pillows" a japanese band. as for cameras. i saw camera flashes going off all over the place and there was one man up front with a rather large cameras taking pictures of Ms. Carlton from every angle. BTW what did you think of it when Ms. carlton said she had to burp right in the middle of the second verse in "A thousand Miles"? if it were any one else i would demean them for such unproffesional conduct.