Author Topic: Someone you love  (Read 1961 times)

Dancernl

• Fine as dandelions
    • AOL Instant Messenger - balletstar86
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/dancernl/Menu9.html
    • Email
Someone you love
« on: November 11, 2004, 10:57:58 am »
Someone you love could be killed by a drunk driver.  It's not something people usually like to think about, or think about it at all.  But it happens, and it happened to three of my friends from highschool.  Three years ago, Emily, Katie and Rachel were intoxicated and walking back to campus from downtown.  A car pulled up and offered them a ride up the steep hill they were walking.  It was tradition on that particular campus to offer a ride up when it was dark and cold.  The three girls got in the Jeep Grand Cherokee, not realizing the driver himself was drunk.  The car hit a tree at 85 miles perhour, killing Katie, Emily and Rachel and the driver's best friend.  The driver survived.

I had to tell my mother and family that Rachel had passed, and it was the hardest thing i've ever had to do.  We were childhood friends and our moms are best friends.  i don't want other people to have to have to go through this.  Check out this link to the Rachel Foundation website to learn what we are all about.  We want to prevent tragedies like this one.

i sit on the committee for educating students about drinking and driving, and this is why i am posting it here.  I'm not trying to preach or condescend, just get the word out.

Someone you love could be killed by a drunk driver.  Please don't drink and drive.

www.therachelfoundation.com

REK Forever
It is a crime to kill a neighbor, and an act of heroism to kill an enemy.  But who is an enemy and who is a neighbor is purely a matter of social definition.  - E.R. Leach

emmy

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • ICQ Messenger - 62879091
    • MSN Messenger - emilyct84@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - ieatpijunz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ceruleantown.com/
Someone you love
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2004, 02:32:56 pm »
thats so sad :(

katiakaysha: I MUST DO MY PEEPEES

MandyJ421

• Make me high on lullabies
    • MSN Messenger - mandyj421@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - LiveMusic247
    • View Profile
Someone you love
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2004, 07:14:14 am »
My Aunt was killed by a drunk driver before I was born.
~Mandy

Peace cannot be achieved through violence, it can only be attained through understanding.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson