Author Topic: Beware Of Newbies  (Read 4122 times)

Jophess

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Email
Beware Of Newbies
« on: April 06, 2003, 11:18:49 am »
We all know that the VCMB has gone down a path towards the worse.

Quote from: "Joey on the VCMB"
I think if we deleted eveyone who was 1 months or younger (on the VCMB board) it would be a lot better. There are so many scammers, too. That board has become a disaster. Alecs Cook runs the board. I mean, no offense Alecs, but the VCMB board belongs to Nikkee,(EDIT: well, doesn't own it, but she is the most popular one on here)  and she hasn't been there in such a long time! I don't even bother with the board anymore. And these newbies come in with their "secrets" that everyone (who has been her for a while) already knows. The VCMB also become like a second MB Board. Or other singers board. People come there and talk about eveyone... except NESSA! What's up with that? I only get on like once a week, but I am on the NHMB all the time!  

I think that we can all agree, the board isn't the same.

Having said that, we don't want this board to turn out like the VCMB. The impersonaters/scammers/newbies on the other board are really taking over, and we don't want them to take over the NHMB.

Don't get angry, we don't want this board to end up like the VCMB. We have awesome, strict mods, but you can't avoid newbies joining.

I have complete trust in the mods and admins here, I am just a little worried for the message board. Please, do not get pissed.

This is not against newbies in general, just against the annoying ones and the impersonaters. Some/Most newbies are rad!

-Joey
Joe

tricia

• Moderators
  • Trust me, I'm a doctor.
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Beware Of Newbies
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2003, 11:52:03 am »
We control all things with newbies.  We don't want to stop advertising because we enjoy having this board hopping, and for that, we need members.
I think you underestimate the level of my sneakiness

PintOGuinness

• VCUBs
  • Your true colors shown
  • My face is on milk cartons
    • ICQ Messenger - 3162963
    • AOL Instant Messenger - PintOGuinnessVC
    • View Profile
    • http://www.buckheadyouthorchestra.com
    • Email
Beware Of Newbies
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2003, 01:08:33 pm »
oh yeah.. I don't see any reason to stop advertising.. we want NH.com to grow and grow...  

Personally I'd like a lot of the idiots over there to head over here and see what a proper mod team is all about...  actually I'd just like to see them come over here and try to see them pull their bullshit and watch them get smacked around a little... ;)

Yeah with the mod team in place here.. i think there us a 0% chance that this place could ever become like the O-Board...  and it's a beautiful thing!!! :)

Welcome to all the newbies.. we love you!!! As long as you love the rules and the FAQ
-- Jason

keith

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • AOL Instant Messenger - keithrj997
    • View Profile
Beware Of Newbies
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2003, 01:08:39 pm »
Quote from: "DixieChck615"
We control all things with newbies.

controlling people?  8O

Jophess

• View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Email
Beware Of Newbies
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2003, 01:14:29 pm »
I guess so, PintOGuinness. I don't know. Just a heads-up.
Joe

Daniel

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
    • http://www.spam.com
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2003, 01:56:15 pm »
First off, I want to say at the outset that I'm not out to offend anyone or put anyone down.

I had a look at the thread that Joey is referring to:

http://www.vanessacarlton.com/bboard/forumname/1402195_flat.html

I want to state a comment on a certain remark that Joey made:

"Alecs Cook runs the board. I mean, no offense Alecs, but this board belongs to Nikkee, and she hasn't been here in such a long time!"

In that thread on the official message board, this is my response:

-----------------------

My comments on Joey's post...

You stated:

"Alecs Cook runs the board. I mean, no offense Alecs, but this board belongs to Nikkee, and she hasn't been here in such a long time!"

To that, I'd like to say:

I disagree with this comment.  This board does not "belong" to any one single person.  Whether you like it or not, it is a public message board that is provided by Interscope for the use and enjoyment of all their fans.  Everyone is free to express their opinion, and nobody is superior to another here.  If you don't like newbies, that's fine.  Not all of them are trouble makers and they have just as much right to ask about, and share, their opinions and feelings about Vanessa Carlton, even if others have long discussed the topic.   It's your prerogative as to whether or not you like newbies, but it really doesn't give people the right to dictate to them what they can and can't do.  That's something that the moderator(s) should be deciding upon.

I didn't like the changes here, so as a result, I just take a look every now and then... make the odd post here and there, and leave.  It won't hurt me as to whether I come here or not, but what I really do not like is certain people thinking they "own" a message board that is open to the public.

While the Nessaholics.com one is not really a public message board since people actually do own it and have the right to dictate how they want it run, this board is not privately owned, and as such is open to anyone who does not make offensive posts or otherwise violate the terms of service that the message board service providers and board administrators/moderators have set.

I'm not trying to hurt anyone's feelings here... but I just wanted to add my two cents...

Daniel

-----------------------

Sorry, I don't want to hurt any feelings here, but that is my frank opinion.

Daniel

Jophess

• View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Email
Beware Of Newbies
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2003, 02:02:11 pm »
Well, you know what I meant about nikkee. I really don't why I did this. You can lock it if you want.  I didn't have to post all that. What I meant was, "Be careful, we can't afford to let what hppened to the O-Board happen to this board. This board is too good"

I don't want all this impersonation to break out.

The thing about nikkee didn't really make sense, and I take it back. I really just don't want to visit the VCMB anymore, it is so bad what happened to it. I am kind of afraid for this board.

I have thought about it, and I will edit my new thoughts/opinions. What I originally put was offensive, selfish and pretty mean.
Joe

Daniel

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
    • http://www.spam.com
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2003, 02:12:37 pm »
Yeah, I know the point you were trying to make... and I accept what you said.  I just don't like the idea of public places being said to be 'owned' by any one single person.  It could have been my name, your name, or any other person's name mentioned instead of nikkee's, and I'd have felt exactly the same way.

That is all I wanted to say.  I don't want this to become another junk board either.  Let's just forget it and leave it at that   :)

Jophess

• View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Email
Beware Of Newbies
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2003, 02:15:00 pm »
Lock it. LOL.
Joe

kaysha

• Administrator
    • ICQ Messenger - 996740
    • AOL Instant Messenger - katiakaysha
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chickey.org
    • Email
Beware Of Newbies
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2003, 02:43:29 pm »
yes sir! =)

btw, you both made some very VERY good points but believe me when i say this... you will never find a team of Moderators more focused on the success of this forum and the overall success of VC.

Behind the scenes we interact daily either via telephone, aim, pm and at a whim will call each other to discuss various topics and ensure we are all in agreement -- cept kev... it can be difficult cuz he is Mr Uk ;)

Don't worry my friend, we really do care a great deal.
I <3 Nicole

We want the unicorns to live! - Vanessa Carlton

nicole

• Moderators
  • Fine as dandelions
  • more rides than great adventure
    • AOL Instant Messenger - lovePLASTIClove
    • View Profile
ummm
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2003, 05:13:03 pm »
I'm glad you took back what you said about me. I in no way run any board or think it for that matter.