Author Topic: Vanessa Carlton @luciano huck  (Read 12208 times)

emmy

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • ICQ Messenger - 62879091
    • MSN Messenger - emilyct84@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - ieatpijunz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ceruleantown.com/
Vanessa Carlton @luciano huck
« Reply #45 on: December 20, 2004, 10:29:10 am »
Quote from: "All I Ask2003"
Quote from: "emmy"
lol the kalton is just the lovely brasilian-speaking-english accent.  i'm sorry to say, but they really do butcher american names.  If your name starts with an R or ends with an E (or has a K or Y or W in it) it is certain to get messed up really bad.  They never could say 'Emily' right...

8O  How would they say my name? lol! :lol:
Ky...hmm...

lol!  That might be funny...!  I have no idea exactly how, but it would be funny!

katiakaysha: I MUST DO MY PEEPEES

clamicas

• Fine as dandelions
    • MSN Messenger - claricecassou@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 20, 2004, 04:22:56 pm »
well, just because you don't know english is no excuse to spell someone's name wrong.  you should learn to spell it right.

Not really.If we dont have that R sound here, how could we pronounce it? It´s like asking a japanese person to say my name, they could even read the letters, but thay would say "crarice " or "cararice" (with the portuguese R sound , not the american) lol

ppl always get my name wrong outside Brazil. :roll:

it seems ok for any english-speaker person to say my name wrong, or a french person to say it wrong. If an artist is in Japan and they say it wrong ,then it´s cute and funny. Now just because here ppl dont pronounce CARLTON right, and you know Emily we dont have that sort of R/L sounds here.It´s not just about learning, it´s about growing up without using a sound , a verbal projection. The same way you can´t say " NÃO" or any nasal ~ words. You learned portuguese so how come you dont´pronounce it right?  :wink: . I mean, just like when I say your name I say  "êmili" not  "émly" like I should.  it´s just cultural phonetics, doesnt mean everyone should learn exactly the names pronouciations everywhere. If it´s hard for me to spell names right knowing a bit of english , imagine for ppl who don´t know? So , of course IT IS an excuse to mispell  it imo.

clamicas

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 20, 2004, 04:25:50 pm »
lol the kalton is just the lovely brasilian-speaking-english accent.  i'm sorry to say, but they really do butcher american names.  If your name starts with an R or ends with an E (or has a K or Y or W in it) it is certain to get messed up really bad.  They never could say 'Emily' right...

Ky...hmm...

lol!  That might be funny...!  I have no idea exactly how, but it would be funny!

we would say "ke" :wink:
we dont have k/w/y in our alphabet

emmy

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • ICQ Messenger - 62879091
    • MSN Messenger - emilyct84@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - ieatpijunz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ceruleantown.com/
« Reply #48 on: December 20, 2004, 09:13:03 pm »
Quote from: "clamicas"
well, just because you don't know english is no excuse to spell someone's name wrong.  you should learn to spell it right.

Not really.If we dont have that R sound here, how could we pronounce it? It´s like asking a japanese person to say my name, they could even read the letters, but thay would say "crarice " or "cararice" (with the portuguese R sound , not the american) lol

it seems ok for any english-speaker person to say my name wrong, or a french person to say it wrong. If an artist is in Japan and they say it wrong ,then it´s cute and funny. Now just because here ppl dont pronounce CARLTON right, and you know Emily we dont have that sort of R/L sounds here.It´s not just about learning, it´s about growing up without using a sound , a verbal projection. The same way you can´t say " NÃO" or any nasal ~ words. You learned portuguese so how come you dont´pronounce it right?  :wink: . I mean, just like when I say your name I say  "êmili" not  "émly" like I should.  it´s just cultural phonetics, doesnt mean everyone should learn exactly the names pronouciations everywhere. If it´s hard for me to spell names right knowing a bit of english , imagine for ppl who don´t know? So , of course IT IS an excuse to mispell  it imo.

Well, I can understand pronouncing a name differently.  Yes, that is cultural, and of course there is a reason for it.  But I am talking about writing here.  He said spelling, not saying/speaking.  Just because I can't say words like NÃO or MÃE, etc... does not mean I am going to spell them differently to accomodate my cultural/language inability.  When you say you pronounce my name as 'émly,' I would hope you are not going to write that to me in a letter...  You are going to write my real name, Emily.

katiakaysha: I MUST DO MY PEEPEES

Afterglow

• **BANNED**
  • I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • MSN Messenger - white_houses@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - XxSaturdaysxX
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - Mcaofera_wunderschon
    • View Profile
    • http://www.harmonium.rg3.net
« Reply #49 on: December 20, 2004, 10:28:06 pm »

Ky...hmm...

we would say "ke" :wink:
we dont have k/w/y in our alphabet

Ahahaha.... But there're poor people in Brazil that like to give names so hard for the children like

Michelle
Pollyannna
Wanessa
Jennifer
and so they go...

My name is MURILLO with 2 L.. I think there're no need to have it

............ Vou para Europa descobrir alguns segredos da Vida ............

clamicas

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 24, 2004, 09:03:30 am »

Well, I can understand pronouncing a name differently.  Yes, that is cultural, and of course there is a reason for it.  But I am talking about writing here.  He said spelling, not saying/speaking.  Just because I can't say words like NÃO or MÃE, etc... does not mean I am going to spell them differently to accomodate my cultural/language inability.  When you say you pronounce my name as 'émly,' I would hope you are not going to write that to me in a letter...  You are going to write my real name, Emily.

lol I woudnt spell it wrong lol,but sometimes if u never read something and just heard it, you might mess up the name....btw, I´m not standing up for luciano huck (just in case anyone got the wrong impression)hahaha, I hate him as much as you emily!!!I´m a proud hater of that guy!

:P

Afterglow

• **BANNED**
  • I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • MSN Messenger - white_houses@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - XxSaturdaysxX
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - Mcaofera_wunderschon
    • View Profile
    • http://www.harmonium.rg3.net
« Reply #51 on: December 24, 2004, 09:41:05 am »
Well, I don't like him but I can't say I HATE HIM, Because he didn't do anything for/to me...

............ Vou para Europa descobrir alguns segredos da Vida ............