Author Topic: Vanessa part of Rock for Relief: A Tsunami Aid Auction  (Read 1731 times)

BWilli

• Speeding into the horizon
    • MSN Messenger - bdubprod@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
Vanessa part of Rock for Relief: A Tsunami Aid Auction
« on: January 20, 2005, 11:19:24 am »
This is up over at the o-board.

ROCK for RELIEF, A Tsunami Aid Auction on Tuesday, January 25, 2005 beginning at 10:00am and ending Sunday, January 30, 2005 at 5:00pm. Vanessa will be donating a autographed shirt in support of this cause - so start bidding asap!
The auctions will be powered by EBay and all proceeds will benefit the American Red Cross International Response Fund and go directly to Tsunami victims in Asia.
“The images of devastation are unforgettable, and you can’t help but be moved to action,” said Contemporary Productions Senior Partner Sam Foxman. “We were discussing how we could make an impact on the relief effort when one of our employees suggested we ask musician friends to contribute memorabilia for a benefit auction. We were on the phones the next day, making it happen.”
With the death toll over 140,000, including 90,000 in Indonesia alone, we all feel an instinctual need to help those who are suffering. As many as 5 million people are thought to be homeless, or without food or shelter; thousands more are missing, and millions are vulnerable to disease. “Quite frankly, we want to help the best way we know how… to rely on our relationships with performers and celebrities who can join in efforts to raise money for Tsunami victims”, adds Steve Schankman, President and founder of Contemporary Productions.

o Auction Date: Tuesday, January 25, 2005 at 10:00am
o Auction Ends: Sunday, January 30, 2005 at 5:00pm
o Link address: www.ebay.com – Keyword “Rock for Relief”

About Contemporary Productions
Contemporary Productions is one of the most innovative entertainment, special event, and marketing companies in the United States. Contemporary was founded in 1968 as a St. Louis based concert producer. Since that time, the company has grown in size and expertise to become a national leader in the entertainment, special events and marketing industries. “Produced by Contemporary” is well-known across the country, having produced virtually every major touring artist of the past three decades in performances throughout the U.S., Europe and Canada including Elton John, The Rolling Stones, Whitney Houston, Billy Joel, Reba McEntire, Rod Stewart, Garth Brooks, The Eagles, Janet Jackson, Bruce Springsteen, U2 and Bette Midler. Contemporary Productions was sold in 1998 to New York-based SFX Entertainment, the world’s largest fully integrated live entertainment company. With the sale of SFX Entertainment to Clear Channel Communications in 2000, Steve Schankman, President and Founder together with Sam Foxman, Senior Partner, left to re-launch Contemporary Productions, L.L.C., a privately held entertainment, marketing and public relations company.

For more information about ROCK for RELIEF, contact:
Sam Foxman
Senior Partner, Contemporary Productions
314-721-9090 x-220
sfoxman@contemporaryproductions.com
On the web at www.contemporaryproductions.com

For more information about The American Red Cross, contact:
Arthur Hailand
Executive Officer Financial Development
314-516-2800
AHailand@redcrossstl.org

Laura

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • View Profile
Vanessa part of Rock for Relief: A Tsunami Aid Auction
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2005, 05:53:54 pm »
I dunno if this should be in here, but TRL did a whole show today about the Tsunami, & how we can help, & they were giving away a board with a bunch of signatures from celebs to help, & I saw the unicorn on there. I thought I'd point it out cuz I thought that was cool of her.