Author Topic: What you didnt want to find on your computer  (Read 7631 times)

Logikal X

• Fine as dandelions
    • MSN Messenger - tqhx@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - tqhx
    • View Profile
What you didnt want to find on your computer
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2005, 04:45:11 am »
Personally id say get Avant browser before mozilla, the only addional security it has over IE is a popup blocker but Mozilla is POS.

And i dont care what you firefox addicts say, it crashes, and now that they have updated it four time in the past month its not quick anymore at all.  Im pretty dissapointed with it
Quote from: "ReSpektDaFrenziedEVanesSa"
But I have to say I love the feeling of anything going up my butt, it just drives me wild.

BWilli

• Speeding into the horizon
    • MSN Messenger - bdubprod@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2005, 04:48:18 am »
Quote from: "Logikal X"
Personally id say get Avant browser before mozilla, the only addional security it has over IE is a popup blocker but Mozilla is POS.

And i dont care what you firefox addicts say, it crashes, and now that they have updated it four time in the past month its not quick anymore at all.  Im pretty dissapointed with it

i just swtiched from Avant to Maxthon.  everytime i reset Avant, it erased my Outlook password from the system.  pain in the arse b/c i had to go to my boss so he could type in the password....dude has major trust issues

Logikal X

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2005, 05:42:17 am »
ALl you have to do is go into the avant options and go to the delete records, then set it so it doesnt clear passwords on close  :razz:

I like maxthon too tho, and Opera is pretty damn quick from all the tests ive seen but im yet to try it out

And if i were you id get a keylogger and turn it on before he enters the password so you can retrieve it after he enters it  :lol:
But I have to say I love the feeling of anything going up my butt, it just drives me wild.

BWilli

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2005, 05:44:20 am »
ALl you have to do is go into the avant options and go to the delete records, then set it so it doesnt clear passwords on close  :razz:

that i know, but as my boss has trust issues, so do I.  I clear the records so nobody can see what the hell i've REALLY been up to all day at work   :razz:

Will

• Moderators
  • Fine as dandelions
  • Advanced anti-spam registrations filter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2005, 05:45:52 am »
Pfft... all you Windows peeps can't use the best browser on the market today, Safari. :nannerskates:
"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most." -Ozzy Osborne

Logikal X

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2005, 05:45:59 am »
Quote from: "BWilli"

that i know, but as my boss has trust issues, so do I.  I clear the records so nobody can see what the hell i've REALLY been up to all day at work   :razz:

Well then you could set it to just clear history and cookies and it would leave the passwords alone, not like your boss is gonna hack them outta avant  :lol:

BWilli

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2005, 05:56:47 am »
Well then you could set it to just clear history and cookies and it would leave the passwords alone, not like your boss is gonna hack them outta avant  :lol:

true...but anyways, Maxthon is pretty good so far, if it starts giving me "a peculiar odor", then i'll go back to Avant

zurielshimon

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • AOL Instant Messenger - weetbixkid36
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/193866568
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2005, 06:02:37 am »
Personally, I like Firefox, the main reason being that its default settings are mostly intuitive and at the same time not stupid.  There's usually only two settings I have to change on a new installation of Firefox (which is something I encounter often since I install it on every lab computer I use at school, just so it can be deleted when the computer is started up again :? ) and those are the Bookmarks Toolbar (which I don't use) and "Open links from other applications in a new tab in the most recent window" under Tabbed Browsing.  Netscape has Tabbed Browsing also, and it's based on a Mozilla browser undercarriage, but it doesn't work quite the same way and I have to use more keys and clicks to do the same amount of work.
Dustin

Logikal X

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2005, 06:39:38 am »
Quote from: "em one twenty-five boy"
Pfft... all you Windows peeps can't use the best browser on the market today, Safari. :nannerskates:

safari can lick my balls :roflcoptor:

NESSAussie

• Fine as dandelions
    • MSN Messenger - nessaussie@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • http://www.mybiopro.com/AU/?ID=harmonium
« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2005, 07:10:19 am »
Quote from: "BlueStar"
Mozilla Firefox is SO much better... It also has a lot of nice features. Great pop-up control built right in, tabbed browsing... It's just all-around worth it. Not to mention the better security.  :thumbsup:

Thank you for your help Julie & thank you Dustin for the link in your SIG bro :wink:

zurielshimon

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2005, 07:27:07 am »
Quote from: "NESSAussie"
Quote from: "BlueStar"
Mozilla Firefox is SO much better... It also has a lot of nice features. Great pop-up control built right in, tabbed browsing... It's just all-around worth it. Not to mention the better security.  :thumbsup:

Thank you for your help Julie & thank you Dustin for the link in your SIG bro :wink:

You're certainly welcome! :D
Dustin

Logikal X

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2005, 11:54:02 am »
real browser my ass, none of this is tangible you fools!

zurielshimon

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2005, 04:51:23 pm »
real browser my ass, none of this is tangible you fools!

Your ass isn't tangible??? :? I mean, not that I really want to find out or anything. :razz:
Dustin