Author Topic: Has anybody ever been to a soundcheck before?  (Read 2101 times)

Laura

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • View Profile
Has anybody ever been to a soundcheck before?
« on: August 19, 2005, 02:10:32 pm »
I would've posted this in the backstreet thread but nobody really posts there & I thought this was big enough to make a thread about lol plus I wanted to ask about soundchecks. Okay so a lot of peeps here know how long I've been a backstreet boys fan & I entered a contest to win passes to their soundcheck & unfortunately I didn't win BUT I asked like everyone who posted they won if they would take me & one girl replied back that if her friend can't go she would & today she said her friend can't go & is taking me! We get to be in the first few rows & possibly have a meet & greet with the guys if they decide to do one so I'm excited.

Has anybody ever been to a soundcheck before? What's it like?

zurielshimon

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • AOL Instant Messenger - weetbixkid36
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/193866568
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2005, 06:32:43 pm »
I've been to several minor bands' soundchecks, and if you go to a festival you get to see virtually everyone's soundchecks.  In Nashville back in March, I got to see most of Vanessa's soundcheck, and I even videotaped part of it.
Dustin

Laura

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2005, 06:59:13 pm »
What was it like? I think this one is a pretty big soundcheck so I think it'll be different. I know they sing like 5 songs & answer questions but that's all I know. Is it usually crowded at these things?

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Lord Andrew
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Grakthis
    • View Profile
    • http://www.grakthis.com
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2005, 11:02:03 am »
I've been to a few.

If it's a radio station promo then usually there is gonna be a small audience of like 20 people.

The artist will play a few songs while the sound guy plays with stuff.  The artist may stop in the middle of some songs, make suggestions and start over.  etc etc etc.
If you are reading this, you are probably on my ignore list.  Click here to return the favor

Wagella Wrote:Yay for Bigotry!!

---Andrew

Steveau

• VCUBs
  • Fine as dandelions
  • OLD man whistling
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Steveau98
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2005, 04:14:58 pm »
I was at the soundcheck for Vanessa at her first HOB show and Joss Stone at the HOB too. Basically they just run through the songs and afterward they will do a meet & greet or talk to the people there if you go up to them. It's basically like a show before the show.

Laura

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2005, 05:55:33 pm »
Thanks guys I will keep that in mind. Oh & it was a fanclub contest... I know 10 people won & they get to bring a guest (thankgod or I wouldn't have been able to go). I gotta find out how many radio winners will be there tho, hopefully it will be a small amount.