Author Topic: You know what I just noticed...  (Read 3776 times)

Laura

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • View Profile
You know what I just noticed...
« on: August 20, 2005, 03:49:25 pm »
I was reading about the VC making a comeback thread thing & then I went to the BSB fanclub forum & have been reading like a zillion complaints about MTV & TRL & you know what is really weird. Remember how MTV/TRL wouldn't show the White Houses video cuz of the "rush of blood" lyrics? Yet if you watch the new BSB video the ending part SHOWS blood at the end. Like one of the backstreet boys has a tissue with blood on it & it's worse than listening to "rush of blood".  Does anybody else find that irritating or is it just me? lol maybe I've been reading too many complaints lately but I needed to vent.

zurielshimon

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • AOL Instant Messenger - weetbixkid36
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/193866568
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2005, 05:45:22 pm »
Damn those people! :evil:
Dustin

Arwen

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
    • facebook
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2005, 07:10:37 pm »
That is pretty irratating! So you can't say blood, but you can show it?

JazzyManda

• AOL Instant Messenger - JazzyTrumpet07
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2005, 08:04:20 pm »
I don't think it was so much the word "blood" that made the lyric so bad, it was what the word was referring to...

Amanda

Laura

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2005, 08:37:13 pm »
Yeah I was thinking that to but I just remembered what V said at my concert about the whole Marilyn Manson (sp?) thing, like they can show a MM video but not the WH's video which gave me the blood assumption. It's like they have worse videos than WH's, BSB's being one of them, lol. But then again I think I just lost my whole point since they aren't showing theirs anymore either. I hate mtv.

migmitch

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • MSN Messenger - mr_chicken_man@hotmail.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - mitchmig01
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2005, 08:39:43 pm »
Furthermore, the lyric wasn't referring to actual "blood rushing out" it was referring to blood rushing through one's veins in the "heat of the moment."

But yeah, I agree it is about the context not the actual word.

Don't worry though, have you ever seen that one backstreet boy(kevin?) try and play the piano with the song live just because playig the instrument is the "cool thing to do" now... it is so sad, he cant even sing becuase he is too focused on playing his three chords right.

I laugh every time i see them on any live talk show "Trying to play"...

JazzyManda

• AOL Instant Messenger - JazzyTrumpet07
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2005, 08:39:47 pm »
Quote from: "Laura"
Yeah I was thinking that to but I just remembered what V said at my concert about the whole Marilyn Manson (sp?) thing, like they can show a MM video but not the WH's video which gave me the blood assumption. It's like they have worse videos than WH's, BSB's being one of them, lol. But then again I think I just lost my whole point since they aren't showing theirs anymore either. I hate mtv.

I've never been attracted to MTV for obvious reasons..

Amanda

Laura

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2005, 08:45:38 pm »
Quote from: "migmitch"
Don't worry though, have you ever seen that one backstreet boy(kevin?) try and play the piano with the song live just because playig the instrument is the "cool thing to do" now... it is so sad, he cant even sing becuase he is too focused on playing his three chords right.

I laugh every time i see them on any live talk show "Trying to play"...

Yeah I have seen him do that live (in person) & I'm seeing them again this Thursday. He's been playing the piano since he was nine & plays by ear. This is nothing new. A lot of them have been playing instruments at shows forever now so don't assume things. Not trying to be a you know what here, I'm just trying to make a few things clear.  :)

Anyways, I guess I'm just mad that they cut the word blood out of V's song yet they can show it in a video is why I'm kinda irritated. I know the meaning had to do with part of it but yeah they show videos with worse stuff in it like BSB's for example. I dunno I'm sure you guys get what I'm trying to say, haha.

Bethy

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • AOL Instant Messenger - SweetTwilight16
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2005, 01:40:22 pm »
When I saw her back in March, she made it sound like it was more the sex reference than the blood reference. Either way it's stupid because (as she pointed out) MTV plays/shows things a lot worse than that. *shrugs*

LimeTwister

« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2005, 02:17:33 pm »
Furthermore, the lyric wasn't referring to actual "blood rushing out" it was referring to blood rushing through one's veins in the "heat of the moment."

I don't think she means blood rushing through the veins...seeing how she's talking about her first time.

bluebutterfly

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/jesster22
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2005, 04:23:34 am »
Quote from: "LimeTwister"

I don't think she means blood rushing through the veins...seeing how she's talking about her first time.

I always thought of it as in the heat of the moment... i never thought of it as the other way.  I guess it could be interpreted both ways.  Lyrics are a funny thing, aren't they.  We won't know unless V actually says herself what it was, but i'm guessing she probably intended it to be interpreted both ways.

liquidblue244

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
White Houses
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2005, 04:16:42 pm »
I don't know, it kinda does lead to speculation that the line has some sexual enuendum to it, but as she is talking about losing her virginity it seems like it could be a sexual enuendum.  Also the "little bit of pain" part doesn't help much, alot a girls that I know that have lost their virginity have complained about it being just a tad bit painful, and when I listened to the line I thought....excuse me for this...."cherry poppers"....sooo....well you know what they say...."No pain, no gain"  8)

(God I hope I didn't offend anyone)

And all the constellations, shine down on you and me...