Author Topic: Vanessa and rap music  (Read 2049 times)

Bjiadmg

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • View Profile
Vanessa and rap music
« on: October 01, 2006, 04:33:02 pm »
Hi, long time lurker, first time poster.

This post is about Vanessa's new record label.  So, is Nessa going to do rap music now?  Or perhaps she will do rap-influenced pop music (like Gwen Stefani)?  If so, I have to say the music label switch is baffling.  I mean, I thought her first label dropped her because Harmonium wasn't mainstream enough.  And so now...she goes to a new label...so that she can be more mainstream?  :?

Well I guess this is all speculation at this point anyway.  And I'm not going to make any judgements until I hear Nessa's new album. (Whenever that may be).

Btw- Michelle Branch has gone country, Vanessa's (possibly) gone rap, and Christina Aguilera's gone jazz.  I suppose this means if Britney Spears comes back she'll go trash metal. lol

Martin.

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
Vanessa and rap music
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2006, 04:43:44 pm »
No, she isn't.

Vanessa wasn't dropped by her label, she left them.

'The Inc' is not only a rap label, but also deals with OTHER genre's of music now. Do you honestly think Vanessa would head on over to a rap label to start laying down a few rhymes on one of her songs? Seriously, come on.

She may be the first pop singer on the label, but she certainly wont be the last.

MeganJane

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
    • My music on myspace!
Vanessa and rap music
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2006, 06:30:29 pm »
Btw- Michelle Branch has gone country, Vanessa's (possibly) gone rap, and Christina Aguilera's gone jazz. I suppose this means if Britney Spears comes back she'll go trash metal. lol

Hmmm... I think the possibility is so small, it's not really worth freaking out over.

And, uh, did you mean THRASH metal?
"Music produces a kind of pleasure that human nature cannot do without."
-CONFUCIUS

"It is hard. You have to fight for who you are everyday" -VANESSA CARLTON

portions.for.foxes

• You aren't tryin'
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Mika+Iwakura1
    • View Profile
Vanessa and rap music
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2006, 07:51:22 pm »
Quote from: "MeganJane"
Btw- Michelle Branch has gone country, Vanessa's (possibly) gone rap, and Christina Aguilera's gone jazz. I suppose this means if Britney Spears comes back she'll go trash metal. lol

That was most likely a pun.
And it's bad news, baby it's bad news
It's just bad news, bad news, bad news
'Cause you're just damage control
For a walking corpse like me - like you,
'Cause we'll all be portions for foxes
Yeah, we'll all be portions for foxes.

Bjiadmg

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • View Profile
Vanessa and rap music
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2006, 10:03:08 pm »
Quote from: "MeganJane"

Hmmm... I think the possibility is so small, it's not really worth freaking out over.

Oops, actually that was supposed to be thrash metal.  Although the typo did inadvertantly make a pun, as Portions noted.