Author Topic: Papa...  (Read 2989 times)

TheDarkCarnival

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/thebrittisharesoddinghere
Papa...
« on: March 18, 2007, 07:31:17 pm »
OMG, that song is so tricky to play. Esp. with the sheet music I downloaded, the triplets and subdivision are whacked...like there's three triplets on the G clef, and four triplets on the F cleff...thats not good music theopry. I have to play by ear and it sucks. However does V mannage?
Never thought it'd hurt so bad
Bring me a remedy
Never thought it'd feel so right
Bringing you to your knees...

daydrop

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2007, 09:08:09 pm »
i really bet it's hard... i only know how to play white houses atm and H.A.T........but nonetheless

Martin.

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
Papa...
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2007, 01:55:22 am »
It took me a while to learn "Papa" but you get used to it after a while.

flimsysurface

• Make me high on lullabies
    • MSN Messenger - lee5shorty00@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
Papa...
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2007, 02:27:35 am »
I never found papa tht difficult tbh the only thing tht took me a along time was the courage to try an learn it cuz the sheet music made it look scary lol but once you actually do it on piano its well easy :D

Martin.

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
Papa...
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2007, 02:48:33 pm »
Quote from: "flimsysurface"
I never found papa tht difficult tbh the only thing tht took me a along time was the courage to try an learn it cuz the sheet music made it look scary lol but once you actually do it on piano its well easy :D

Me too. I used sit there, take one look at it and think "WTF?" but one day I was bored and looked at it and it's really not that bad.

NoelleNC

• You aren't tryin'
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Noelle1822
    • View Profile
Papa...
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2007, 07:13:41 pm »
Yeah, I haven't learned that one because I don't have the patience and I too play mostly by ear. I don't think she follows theory all that closely if I remember correctly- she said Swindler was never produced with other instrumentation because there is some wacky changes in time or something that it would be hard to incorporate a band or other instruments to go along with it? Idk, Swindler is like my favorite VC song though :) So whatever she does, sounds good to me.

blueglove

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
    • Email
Papa...
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2007, 04:36:41 am »
I Never had an issue with <I>Papa</I> it is just basic understanding if you play the piano... If you dont play the piano then you are going to have some issues as you will with every song. Just play in basic 5ths not tooooo bad....
Peace
-S