Author Topic: The Greatest Hits  (Read 3449 times)

imm4n

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • http://fan-sites.org/vanessa-carlton
The Greatest Hits
« on: May 23, 2007, 06:48:38 am »
Well, ... there's nothing new about V and I get bored. But I've just curious about this:

If V would release a Greatest Hits album, what songs do you think will be perfect? Me, personally, choose these:

1. Superhero
2. A Thousand Miles
3. White Houses
4. Ordinary Day
5. San Francisco
6. The One
7. Put Your Hands On Me
8. Afterglow
9. This Time
10. Rinse
12. Private Radio
13. Twilight

How 'bout you all? I want to know
"listen ... and you will know..."

PutYourHandsOnMe101

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com
The Greatest Hits
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2007, 08:25:17 am »
On that cd you have one mahor hit, ATM, one minor hit, and 2 released singles that didn't become hits, PB and WH. There should not be a Greatest Hits Disc until V scores more hits and establishes herself in the music industry more, hopefully with her new album Heroes and Thieves :D V has only released 4 singles in her career so far and she has a big future ahead of her..... What I think SUCKS though is that Who's To Say and Private Radio were not released as singles or promoted because I think they both had a lot of potential  :(
and if you don't believe me... just Put Your Hands On Me

ordinaryday6

• Your true colors shown
    • AOL Instant Messenger - ordinaryday6
    • View Profile
The Greatest Hits
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2007, 08:28:31 am »
yeah.. it's even worse and more pointless than 3eb releasing a collection with 3 albums. they had to do it because of contractual obligations, but it was pretty stupid anyway.

anyway, bad idea. until she puts out like 5 albums (har har.)
Samuel
(he/him)

ManuelD

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
The Greatest Hits
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2007, 09:12:00 am »
It would be more like a singles compilation because her only hit so far is A Thousand Miles. She would need at least 2 or 3 more albums to do it anyway.

ordinaryday6

• Your true colors shown
    • AOL Instant Messenger - ordinaryday6
    • View Profile
The Greatest Hits
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2007, 10:02:02 am »
Quote from: "ManuelD"
It would be more like a singles compilation because her only hit so far is A Thousand Miles. She would need at least 2 or 3 more albums to do it anyway.

she's only had 4 singles.. that wouldn't work for a looong time. and who really wants a singles album, unless you're the clash or the ramones, etc.. lol.

i find with most artists, the singles aren't the gems of their music anyway... i like a thousand miles, but i would definitely pick paradise, rinse, sway, wanted, etc over all of the bnn singles. same goes for harmonium and white houses.
Samuel
(he/him)

ManuelD

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
The Greatest Hits
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2007, 11:45:28 am »
Quote from: "ordinaryday6"
Quote from: "ManuelD"

she's only had 4 singles.. that wouldn't work for a looong time. and who really wants a singles album, unless you're the clash or the ramones, etc.. lol.

i find with most artists, the singles aren't the gems of their music anyway... i like a thousand miles, but i would definitely pick paradise, rinse, sway, wanted, etc over all of the bnn singles. same goes for harmonium and white houses.

I never said that she should release a singles album, I said that she doesn't have enough hits to do a greatest hits album, so it would end up being more like a singles album. And I know that she only has 4 singles so far, that's why I said that she would need to release at least 2 o 3 more albums to have a singles compilation album.

And you can't incluse songs that were never released as singles in a greatest hits album, so paradise, rinse, sway and wanted couldn't be on the album. Maybe if it was a "The Best Of" album they could be in it, but I don't think those are her best songs anyway.

imm4n

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • http://fan-sites.org/vanessa-carlton
The Greatest Hits
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2007, 05:17:36 pm »
Well, it's just a thought ....
and I've never know that to release greatest hits would need 4-5 albums. In my country, Indonesia, lots of artist who had released 2 albums and then come out with their greatest collection. :?  :?  :?
Besides it's merely just a thought.
The list maybe not  considering the market taste, but at least, IF, again IF, I was her manager, I think the list would be cool.

Well, maybe I should change the topics into:
"What song would you like to entered if V release a collection album".

Come on guys! I just want to know, you don't have to be mad... :(  :(
"listen ... and you will know..."

itsthefiveofus

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
The Greatest Hits
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2007, 06:26:07 pm »
well... I dont know its just like greatest hits are usually songs that were relesed out for singles and she only has 4 so I dont know mabey in the next 2 albums I am sure she will release one after heroes...

Current takes me out, what will be, will be. Floating on the sea, stars are watching me.

liquidblue244

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
Too Early
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2007, 08:21:16 pm »
WAAAAAAAAY too early for a Greatest Hits.....V needs way more time before she even thinks of doing that. I thought it was even early for Bjork to do one of those after 6 albums....maybe it was 5? None the less...too early.

And all the constellations, shine down on you and me...

NolitaFairytale

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
The Greatest Hits
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2007, 11:47:39 am »
Yesh, I concur with the majority. Maybe after Heroes and Thieves is a huge hit (:D,) it would be better to decide what to put on it :-p.

Martin.

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
The Greatest Hits
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2007, 04:51:21 pm »
Vanessa Carlton - Greatest Hits

1. A Thousand Miles

End of.

She doesn't have any hits, let alone greatest hits.

"A Thousand Miles" is all she's known for, and even then, you have to add "she's the piano girl" and hum the piano riff, sadly :(

Let's just see how 'Heroes and Thieves' does.

me and my piano---tim

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
The Greatest Hits
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2007, 12:24:37 am »
Quote from: "white_houses"

"A Thousand Miles" is all she's known for, and even then, you have to add "she's the piano girl" and hum the piano riff, sadly :(

hahahaha that's SO true!  :lol: I get so annoyed when people still don't get it.